FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Initial Snipe Feedback *A La Yaru*
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Initial Snipe Feedback *A La Yaru*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Initial Snipe Feedback *A La Yaru*

So I finally realized I had this ability, allegedly 4 promotions after I got it.

My thoughts on snipe:

1) Not sure if this is a snipe problem, or rifle problem, but I noticed it with both. Rifles are very hard to hit the specified area with, even though I can do it 7/10 with handguns.

2) I'm not sure if it's because snipe has fixed damage, or if it's just a bug, but when I attack with snipe I don't see "You land a good/serious/critical/whatever hit", just "You land a hit".

3) I get this message usually about a minute after sniping: "You once again feel fully confident in your sniping ability.". I can still snipe before I see this message, I'm wondering if there's supposed to be a cool down for it, or if what was I told was true and that sniping before that message gives a penalty to being pulled out.

4) It's not too terribly strong...Which I suppose is a good trade off for being able to stay in the safety of shadows, but against civilians I do a fixed damage, each hit "Wounds" the area, with light/moderate bleeding, but with sometimes a critical hit will "Mangle" the area, with moderate/heavy bleeding. But on beetles (35 level monsters), I only do injuring hits, which is less appealing than doing massive hits out of hiding, but if snipe is supposed to be slightly weak but safe, I understand. Just trying to get a feel for this kick ass technique.

5) Intentional or Bug?: A source says this ability is learned at 35th. However I don't EVER recall (And sifted through all my logs) any level up messaging indicating I possessed this ability. If it hadn't of been for someone else, I'd still be in the dark about it.

6) Are certain rifles better for sniping than others? It would make sense if say, the Loshei sniper rifle had a hidden bonus to SNIPE, while the TG-23 field rifle was "neutral".
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject:

Sniping before the cooldown is finished increases your chance of being caught.

I believe I had to ASK Hyas about attack to get this ability. Don't actually remember though.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject:

I didn't have to ask, and he didn't give it to me. I just had it. According to a thread Yaru showed me though, it does state clearly it's a 35th ability. But it still would be nice if there was a messaging for this.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject:

Odd. Unfortunately I've gone through a couple computers since I recieved it, so I can't check for sure. But yeah, if there isn't a message that tells you when you get it there needs to be. I think Hyas should disappear and shoot you in the face to demonstrate the ability when you learn it. That would be awesome.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject:

I totally agree with this...The same way he jumps you in the alley to teach you ambush. "Watch me beat the shit out of you from the shadows so you learn to do the same..." 5 seconds later..."What have you learned?" "That my spleen is ruptured..."
---
---
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject:

Meanwhile, Hyas was the first person i was ever able to steal from. Razz
Kitae

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject:

I don't remember that (SNIPE) and I'm working on my 37th. Was that because I'm a female? Hmmm...

~Kitae~
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Initial Snipe Feedback *A La Yaru*
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: