FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
loshei island
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » loshei island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
so are there going to be any nice alteri-themed island homes on this island? preferably of the medium variety because that's what i'd want to buy? Very Happy

i want my island winery villa!

I support this motion.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I vote against it. The place is supposed to be some alterian holy ground. I think that adding homes there would desecrate that place. Maybe have like a nearby island where both scephysts and alteri are sharing the island maybe even constantly fighting each other for control. I'm all for that.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject:

except the alteri on the island are a close (and generally closed) community, so they have to live somewhere on the island. as someone whose character is rather into the island, and into alteri culture, and into working with the alteri disciples (as per this recent event), it isn't like he isn't planning to stay there forever, anyway.

but, maybe you're right. make it alteri-only housing, then! keep the island pure.

edit: housing doesn't have to mean massive sprawling grounds. it's possible to keep the island ICly peaceful and sacred while still keeping it capable of being populated by those who wish to be part of the community.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
I vote against it. The place is supposed to be some alterian holy ground. I think that adding homes there would desecrate that place. Maybe have like a nearby island where both scephysts and alteri are sharing the island maybe even constantly fighting each other for control. I'm all for that.

I think Jerusalem and Damascus are both full of housing. And, you know, those places are nothing but holy pissing matches around every corner.

So, in that regard, I think your point is rather moot.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Tao wrote:

I think Jerusalem and Damascus are both full of housing. And, you know, those places are nothing but holy pissing matches around every corner.

--William

Hmm...for one thing this ain't Earth so I dont see how that reply matters.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject:

...anyway.

homes don't always have to be giant estates. this is also why i'd love to see small (and medium i hope!) homes more than large/luxury ones. not all homes have to be glaring eyesores that spit in the face of keeping the island respectful and peaceful.

after all, where do all the alteri on the island itself live? gotta be somewhere! Smile
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
Brokyn wrote:
Tao wrote:

--William

Hmm...for one thing this ain't Earth so I dont see how that reply matters.

Well, for one thing, Earth is really the only thing anyone can use for comparison with games, especially when it comes to things like racial religious views.

Regardless, along with Yaru, I doubt housing on an island that is (for all intents and purposes) holy ground has to be in-your-face. They could always open up some waterfront property where housing communities are carved into some cliffs.

The idea to make them Alteri-only would serve to reinforce the religious exclusivity of the island.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Or sense it is holy ground...You could always do a Darjuan Quarter tent city type of deal. A small encampment filled with one room tents...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject:

Sorry guys, no plans for housing out on Loshei at this time.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject:

SethVentril500 wrote:
Or sense it is holy ground...You could always do a Darjuan Quarter tent city type of deal. A small encampment filled with one room tents...

while the Xeraloshei may feel otherwise, no Alteri NPC/GMNPC i've spoken with has given me the impression that the entire island is sacred ground in the sense that "noone can ever live here."

what with a bar, a general store (that sells only food for now- damn misplaced cargo), and a general population that lives around the area during the festival off-season, i don't think the entire island is seen as "something no one normally lives on." and that doesn't take into account where all the disciples on the island reside.

and i also am sure that with a winery there, it isn't like the land is the "you may not build here" type of land. i mean, they're making wine and playing games, so it's at least a happy sacred island.

HR-Morrigan wrote:
Sorry guys, no plans for housing out on Loshei at this time.

Sad

rats. there goes the one place i'd want to have yaru live being possible [for now! ahhh hahahahaha]. ah well. gimmie more to do than make wine! Very Happy

(edit: by the by, is this a case of "no we don't want to do it" or "oh geez with all this other stuff we have to do, i don't think this is something we want to take on right now"? hoping the latter!)
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
(edit: by the by, is this a case of "no we don't want to do it" or "oh geez with all this other stuff we have to do, i don't think this is something we want to take on right now"? hoping the latter!)

Loshei is just a festival place and normally no more than a few priests would reside there on a regular basis. Alteri travel there each age to spend a season there, at most, and return to their homes. Like a summer camp but more religious. Laughing The wine making is part of the tradition of the festival, but with all the hard work involved in the system, we didn't want to just cut it off after the fest was over. That being said, don't think we won't add things to the island. There are some things I'd like to put out there in addition to what's already in place, but it wasn't meant to be an expansion of Llanfair.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:

well obviously yaru just has to find himself some fabric to build a yurt out of, so he can live the dream of summer camp 24/7/728. it's all your fault(s) for giving him a sense of alteri pride and all.

(that and he has to properly court yeiyei, so clearly he needs large tracts of land.)

seriously, thanks for the island + the other alteri goodness that came with it. now if there were only rituals to perform on the island so Yaru could properly show respect to everything there and be a good little disciple-groupie, i'd be thrilled. Very Happy i'm really loving the attention the alteri pantheon got as a result of this island coming into existence, and while i miss hunting for super loots, being able to have Yaru in a setting like Loshei Island more than makes up for it.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » loshei island
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: