FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
100+ critter problem?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » 100+ critter problem?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: 100+ critter problem?

so after a day of hard work, i like to do nerdy things like try to figure out why yaru has trouble dodging/hitting certain things in HR.

in terms of the level-based advantage/disadvantage a player has when fighting a critter of level X, is a player with the exp of someone just hitting 100 getting the same advantage/disadvantage as someone who would, technically, be 150+ if more levels were actually gained?

i'm asking this because of those good-old voya khaz who always hit me no matter how much i keep pumping defensive skills, but more because of how Tkiro couldn't figure out why certain people couldn't take on corrupt paladins when they definitely should be able to fight them (but still be a challenge).

like, if the paladin is something like level 110, or 120, or whatever (no clue!), is the fact that PCs can't go beyond level 100 giving us a penalty as if we were overhunting by 20 levels, even if we possibly have the skills of someone notably over 100?
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject:

It would be interesting to know if critters count as being triple-trained from levels 67-99. That would certainly advantage them.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
It would be interesting to know if critters count as being triple-trained from levels 67-99. That would certainly advantage them.

i thought critter skills were scaled as 2.6*level to help partially make up for that.
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

like, if the paladin is something like level 110, or 120, or whatever (no clue!), is the fact that PCs can't go beyond level 100 giving us a penalty as if we were overhunting by 20 levels, even if we possibly have the skills of someone notably over 100?

There's no penalty for hunting something that's over level 100, when you're stuck at level 100, from what I can tell.

The issue with corrupted paladins(well, one of) was that they had stats higher than I had intended. Woops.

In the case of voya khaz and their glacial winds, they're just REALLY good with it.(Being icy beings of death and all.)
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject:

HR-Tkiro wrote:
Quote:

There's no penalty for hunting something that's over level 100, when you're stuck at level 100, from what I can tell.

The issue with corrupted paladins(well, one of) was that they had stats higher than I had intended. Woops.

In the case of voya khaz and their glacial winds, they're just REALLY good with it.(Being icy beings of death and all.)

alrighty, got ya. Smile

i guess those emissaries are just even sicker than paladins, too, huh. Wink
HR-Tkiro

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i guess those emissaries are just even sicker than paladins, too, huh. Wink

They're more or less where the paladins were before I bashed them over the head with my forging hammer.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject:

Your experience is considered if you're level 100, and you are given an "effective level" designation. This designation cannot exceed level 120 (currently). This effective level system is currently only used in the combat system and does include magic and psionic attacks. It applies to both attack and defense.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Your experience is considered if you're level 100, and you are given an "effective level" designation. This designation cannot exceed level 120 (currently). This effective level system is currently only used in the combat system and does include magic and psionic attacks. It applies to both attack and defense.

thanks, that's cool to hear. Smile

(now the question is if the cap is 120 because that's the highest critter for the time being, or if it was just set that was because.. oooooh things to ponder while coding)

but seriously, thanks for being upfront with some of the behind the scenes mechanics. there's 0 real need to do so other than answer nutters like me, but i also like being able to tell if something is off or if something is intended (and clearly some things are just intended to kick my ass, heh).
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject:

Sure, we have all kinds of players. Wink

The 120 is basically set there to match existing huntables.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » 100+ critter problem?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: