FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
2 questions; skill caps and unlock power
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » 2 questions; skill caps and unlock power
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: 2 questions; skill caps and unlock power

So Xil just hit the level when she maxed all her triples and can't train those for a <long> while.

At the same time she was also able to hunt Zlitch somewhat. (She uses pure psionics for hunting). There are some (most) that just dodged everything she had and some that croaked real easy. Usually when she gets to that stage in a hunting ground, a level makes a huge difference in her psionic strength against them.

However this time when she leveled there was almost no difference that I could see. I am wondering if this is because her Psionic Abilities are capped and didn't change this time. Does this mean that she'll be unable to hunt Zlitch well until after level 100 and she can train in Psionic Abilities again? Or does actual level play into it at all and I just need to be a bit more patient?

A second completely unrelated question is about unlock. Does security play into the ability to unlock an item with this power? I know it helps me see traps, but I didn't know if it actually helped unlock boxes.

Thanks in advance.

-Xil
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Deblaeju

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject:

as for unlock i never did really like it, seems don't really work unless the box is about 2 to 5 levels below ye level. tho no real testing done just my feelings on it.

as for zlitch well i'm way over point of training my triples, they still hit me with that acid stuff. as for me hitting them haven't really paid attention but sometimes i think they still dodge mine now and than. Mainly for my hunting in cemetery has nothing to do with my skills at this time but my stats, being able to dodge or resist there magic/psionics.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 questions; skill caps and unlock power

i know level plays into your hit/dodge stuff for physical combat, so i assume it's the same for psionic/magical combat.

but, since we don't know what level the zlitch are (right now. does anyone with tactics/appraisal mind stomping about getting everything in the cemetery/darju mansion? please?), it's not like we know if you're heading to being at-level with them, or if you already passed them.

i'm pretty sure unlock is not influenced by security skill.

tangent: i'm (personally) curious if there is a difference between someone who just hit level 100 with X skill and someone who hit 100 1mil exp ago with X skill. ie: if a critter is level 105, are you always going to remain 5 levels under it forever?
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Deblaeju wrote:
as for unlock i never did really like it, seems don't really work unless the box is about 2 to 5 levels below ye level. tho no real testing done just my feelings on it.

I haven't had a single problem with unlock until Zlitches. Xil was able to kill Kucho's I think at 65/66 and could unlock their boxes. Her stats and skills are completely focused on Psionics though. I'm guessing she's just way way below zlitches.

The Zlitch boxes she can't open but has only come across a couple and didn't really try. Someone needs to come up off of a Greater Servant page for her soon! Hop to!

- Xil
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Not sure if this is what was being requested:

Code:
You try to size up the cemetery caretaker ...
The cemetery caretaker does not appear to be aggressive toward you.
The cemetery caretaker agility seems inferior to yours.
The cemetery caretaker coordination seems inferior to yours.
The cemetery caretaker perception seems inferior to yours.
The cemetery caretaker strength seems superior to yours.
The cemetery caretaker seems to be susceptible to erosion attacks.
The cemetery caretaker seems to be resistant to piercing attacks.
[This is a level 85 creature.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Code:
You try to size up a slimy zlitch ...
A slimy zlitch does not appear to be aggressive toward you.
A slimy zlitch agility seems inferior to yours.
A slimy zlitch coordination seems inferior to yours.
A slimy zlitch perception seems inferior to yours.
A slimy zlitch strength seems inferior to yours.
A slimy zlitch seems to be susceptible to piercing attacks.
A slimy zlitch seems to be resistant to cold attacks.
[This is a level 85 creature.]

Code:
You try to size up a grey whisp ...
A grey whisp appears to be aggressive toward you.
A grey whisp agility seems inferior to yours.
A grey whisp coordination seems inferior to yours.
A grey whisp perception seems inferior to yours.
A grey whisp strength seems equal to yours.
A grey whisp seems to be susceptible to cold attacks.
A grey whisp seems to be resistant to erosion attacks.
[This is a level 90 creature.]

Code:
You try to size up a tukru dred ...
A tukru dred appears to be aggressive toward you.
A tukru dred agility seems inferior to yours.
A tukru dred coordination seems inferior to yours.
A tukru dred perception seems inferior to yours.
A tukru dred strength seems superior to yours.
A tukru dred seems to be susceptible to blunt attacks.
A tukru dred seems to be resistant to heat attacks.
[This is a level 100 creature.]

Code:
You try to size up a voya khaz ...
A voya khaz appears to be aggressive toward you.
A voya khaz agility seems inferior to yours.
A voya khaz coordination seems inferior to yours.
A voya khaz perception seems inferior to yours.
A voya khaz strength seems inferior to yours.
A voya khaz seems to be susceptible to heat attacks.
A voya khaz seems to be resistant to cold attacks.
[This is a level 105 creature.]

** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject:

that's totally what i was asking. thanks!

mind doing those darju in the darju quarter's mansion? thugs/goons/gentlemen?
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, it took a few levels, but I finally noticed a huge difference in Xil's ability to kill zlitches. Razz So levels DO make a difference.

I'd still like a definitive answer, if possible, on whether security skill (or level) affects a psionic's ability to unlock a box. I guess Xil can be the guinea pig to see if level makes a difference. I'll be sad if Kucho's are the last boxes she can use unlock for.

And as an auxilliary question... I'm pretty sure that the only Greater Servant pages found so far have been on Elite Guards. Is that just a coincidence?

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject:

indigone wrote:
Well, it took a few levels, but I finally noticed a huge difference in Xil's ability to kill zlitches. Razz So levels DO make a difference.

while reading this...

Code:
** Xil Wiolir-Walei isn't dead, she's just resting.  Six feet under.

Razz

glad to see that the level stuff is working for you, though. Smile
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
indigone wrote:

while reading this...

Code:
** Xil Wiolir-Walei isn't dead, she's just resting.  Six feet under.

Razz

glad to see that the level stuff is working for you, though. Smile

touche :chuckle: spoke too soon.

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in an obscure news article that your level does give a (I presume unseen) bonus in your combat abilities/stats/skills (aka not sure which). I theorize this was done so that those who make 67th level (The level when all your triple-trainables make 200) couldn't go around challenging people/critters that are at skill max training and getting away with it. In short, it means a 67th promotion Merc couldn't take a 99th promotion merc, even though they would have maxed out combats (sans bonuses, and stat differences, etc.). I could be wrong though.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject:

it isn't really that obscure but yeah. i don't think that was the specific reason, though, but i know that's in effect.
Apatheticloser
outcast

Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject:

I wonder whats different. I don't think Eldin is able to unlock Kucho boxes.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Psionics » 2 questions; skill caps and unlock power
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: