FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Surgery Sucks...
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Surgery Sucks...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Surgery Sucks...

So...Yesterday, the 7th, I went in for surgery.

Today I was discharged. So now I'm kinda curious, what surgeries my fellow HR players (And GM's) have had.

Me:
Gall Bladder Removal: Laparoscopic Method - They put 4 holes in your stomach, some are for cameras, some are for tools, and they remove your gall bladder and put it in a baggy and pull it out through one of your holes.

The pain isn't too bad, i'm just very inconvenienced via walking, movement, and flexibility. The hole in my belly button hurts the worse though.

Tonsilectomy: This was my first ever surgery, at 18 years of age. It was miserable...I hated it. I would have rather lived with my permanently swollen tonsils.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject:

did they let you keep it?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I had a hole in my pelvic bone when I was born, and my intestines were poking through it a bit. You know how they really do not ever want to give surgery to a baby unless they're several weeks old? Yeah, they bypassed that rule of thumb really fast.

I think I win the prize for earliest surgery.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
did they let you keep it?

I wish...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
HR-Katrice

Post Posted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject:

My sister just went through that about a week after our vacation around the 14th of September. She was unable to return to work for 2 weeks. She even spewed on the ride home... I was glad at the time that my parents kept her to watch over her. I can only imagine it.. i've never had anything cut outta me... yet

Katrice
 Back to top »
HR-Hannah

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject:

Had my tonsils and adnoids removed at the same time. It wasn't that horrible for me but I was pretty young so that could be part.

I had double eardrum surgery at 14. I was extremely athletic growing up and bursted both eardrums swimming.

I had a c-section to deliver my son, and let me tell you... after 24 hours of labor and being sliced open it was BY FAR the worst.

Any surgery sucks. Hope you feel better soon Seth.
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject:

Day 3 after surgery: I'm feeling alot better today. I can sit upright without feeling like everything is going to burst from my bellybutton. The pain isn't too bad (It never was), I can eat ok and drink just fine. actually today is the day I can take the bandages off of my bellybutton and take a look.

Thanks for well wishes.
---
---
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:05 am    Post subject:

On Sunday my young 16 year old brother got hit by a van. He's been in a deep coma, but making small steps of recovery since. We have no idea when he'll emerge from it or what condition he'll be in when he does, but if you asked me if he'd be alive within a day when I was at the scene Sunday, I'd have founded doubts, so it's major progress.

So I guess that puts surgery in perspective to me. There's always someone in a worse position. You can track his progress on www.alexgetwell.com if you wish.

As for myself, most of my surgeries were as a kid and I don't remember them. I had tubes in my ears twice, adenoids removed, that's about it. I've been pretty fortunate, medically, so far.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy

Last edited by HR-Trevor on Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:13 am    Post subject:

I hope your brother gets well Trevor. This is the wrong season for those kind of things to happen, but it's unavoidable. I truely hope he has a full recovery.
---
---
 Back to top »
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

My thoughts and prayers are with your brother, your family, friends and you at this difficult time.
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Best wishes to you and your entire family, Rich. The website is a wonderful thing, you are a great brother for doing that. Try and take care of yourself, too.
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:51 am    Post subject:

Praying non-denomenational prayers for you and your family, Trevor!

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

My cardiologist glossed briefly over a couple different surgical procedures to explore where my heart issues are concerned, but I'm happy to say that thus far I've avoided ever having to go under the knife. (Stitches, however, are a completely different story.)

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Xaiseiri
Technician Guru

Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

i had laparoscopic surgery too but for me it was to remove the extremely painful ovarian cysts i had and to help with my endometriosis. i only had 3 holes poked in me but one was in my belly button and that one hurt the worst for me too!
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Surgery Sucks...
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: