FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Questions About Cases
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Questions About Cases
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLH

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Questions About Cases

I love working on cases and being a Bureaucrat and I am hoping someone can answer a few questions for me

1: I am lvl 12 and I just don't seem to win very many misdemeanor cases. Any suggestions on how to win more?

2. How long can a "Crat" do misdemeanor cases? Is it up until lvl 20?

3. How come if I win a case beyond a reasonable doubt (I got my first one on Sunday yay! Razz ) I get paid less then if I only proved part of my case. For the case I won BARD (heh) I only earned 154, but on one of the case I only proved part of I got 244.

4. Are Bureaucrats going to be in live? If not what type of profession will take its place, if any. If there will be no merchant/attorney/politician type profession please let me know so I can start playing a new character and get use to it (yes, its sad but I'm slow and need a head start)

5. How come the exchange doesn't require a Crat to post the items? I was hoping that the player owned shops would be supplied by player artisans or others who have things they want to get rid of...the exchange seems to squash this.

6. Is there anyway that "Crats" can sell full boxes/containers of stuff at the pawnshop? If not, can there be?

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Xavain Gramorham says, "Yet you wanted to marry Mellie."
You hear the voice of Yaru Dex say, "For her MONEY geez! Not her VA****!."
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Questions About Cases

I'll leave the gameplay questions to others, but here's some of your answers.

RLH wrote:
4. Are Bureaucrats going to be in live? If not what type of profession will take its place, if any. If there will be no merchant/attorney/politician type profession please let me know so I can start playing a new character and get use to it (yes, its sad but I'm slow and need a head start)

Bureaucrats won't be in Live as a profession. I'd like to keep the profession taking their place under wraps for now, but they're not anything like any profession we have in the current game.

Politics and such are going to be a layer any player of any profession can get involved in in Live. If you're looking to get used to a different profession since Bureaucrats won't be around in Live, I'd suggest just picking the one that appeals most to you and trying it out.

RLH wrote:
5. How come the exchange doesn't require a Crat to post the items? I was hoping that the player owned shops would be supplied by player artisans or others who have things they want to get rid of...the exchange seems to squash this.

Primarily because the system is too useful to depend on a specific profession. I can only imagine if we didn't allow commodities to be sold without Bureaucrats at all, for instance. Sometimes that wouldn't matter - players do try to use Bureaucrat services usually - but there's not always willing or able Bureaucrats. Additionally, the trend to have "pet" crats as secondary or tertiary characters for their benefits - be it brokering, to roll in interest on funds from another character, etc. - has become an alarming trend.

I like the Bureaucrat profession. I don't think it translated out well for the game though, because a) the benefits are too easily used on mule characters and b) the small population of the game makes it difficult to rely on them as a necessary cog in some more crucial systems.

Finally, I wanted to offer this as a Standard account perk and that would be hampered notably if it came with a Bureaucrat requirement.

RLH wrote:
6. Is there anyway that "Crats" can sell full boxes/containers of stuff at the pawnshop? If not, can there be?

There isn't a way currently. It is technically doable but I'm wary of it for two primary reasons:

1. The system would rob people of a lot of credits for convenience. You make quite a bit less money selling things to pawn shops instead of specialty shops.

2. The system would make it easy for people to accidentally pawn things they love. Accidentally put something you definitely don't want to sell in the wrong container and sell it and it's toast because the pawn system is indiscriminate. You tell it you want to sell your mega cool sword of doom with 10 hiepahred in it, it'll do it - and offer far less than you would consider the sword worth I'm sure.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
RLH

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject:

This is not good news.

Can we have a hint as to what the profession will be like?

"The real issue isnt whether or not there is a morally acceptable amount of sex or violence, the real issue is; how can we put more sex in our violence?"
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject:

I can't say without blatantly giving away the surprise, but I'm sure if the guessing war begins, someone will guess (more or less) pretty quickly. Not that we'll confirm any guesses. Wink

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject:

RLH wrote:
This is not good news.

it depends on what you look at as good news.

the way it is right now, 'crats are seen as the government officials. this gets things awkward at times, because it puts GMs in an odd position. do they give people RP-based government titles based on merit, or based on a class?

it also makes it so GMs have to always consider a specific profession when creating any economic model, as well as limit what 'crats can do in particular, because while they have some cool economic stuff, it isn't exactly something that can be made too robust without severely limiting other classes. money is too important to block people out from based on class.

so it's bad news in the sense that 'crats are going bye bye, but good news in the sense that it's more of a sub-class anyone can get into, and one that can be also gained by RP as opposed to just leveling.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I bet you dollars to donuts Bureaucrats will still be around, but more or less as a weekend hobby sort of thing than a real profession. If you play your cards right and offer up ideas and reasoning behind them, I think Trevor might be willing to give in on this.

Politics will be opened to the masses, yes, and probably law cases as well (with the appropriate amount of skills and "reputation"). I'd like to think interest on monies will be opened up as well, but on a lower scale.

--William

[Edit:] aw, you removed your complaining post before I got mine in, RLH. That's not fair.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
RLH

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I pulled my post because I didnt want to get into the debate of one professions value over another.

As far as arguing for Crats to stay around there really is no point.

And for the record MY CRAT IS NOT A MULE!!

Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject:

And for the record I know we have had and do have some Bureaucrats who are primaries. Smile

Back to top »
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

Wow. So much has changed. Yaru made me come back (not that I'll have much time in any case since I'm now a working stiff with very little free time *sob*)

I'm a little sad that 'crats won't be in Live, but I do understand. There wasn't much motivation for me to continue to play a bureaucrat, and I got bored soon after.

Still sad though. Belethe had been a lot of fun.

Hmm. I wonder if I should reroll Belethe now...?

~ Pam ~
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Questions About Cases
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: