FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
we need an open day !!!!!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Order Of The Crimson Rose » we need an open day !!!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: we need an open day !!!!!

dreg recently had a very long discussion with persons unamed about the reason behind the crimson rose.

this person knew the crimson rose from day 1 of cr becoming an order and many points where made.

dreg was asked what thr group was about not for the purpose of joining but just to see what cr offers to the community.

this person although not stating it outright thinks that we are a closed group who keeps people out if not part of the group

also some people see cr as a money making venture.

dreg explained her views of why the group was formed and how it has changed over the years an that the group was there for the whole community and not a money making venture.

i strongly believe that cr needs and open day where everyone with questions about cr and their purpose in hr can be asked and answered. this open day does not need to be a recruitment drive but a day to settle a few old fears Twisted Evil

what does everyone else think Question
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

I think an open discussion is a great idea.

I'm a bit surprised that your friend thinks of CR as a money making venture, though maybe because we were going to do an auction? I'm not sure where the money from the auction will be going towards but if anything it will go towards more prizes at our next fishing tournament, or scavenger hunt etc.

CR has always been very generous in giving prizes for any type of contest they've been involved in. Alterations, huge backpacks, armor, cash, etc. Plus we have hugely creative minds that help with making our little contests a success, and it can be a lot of work putting them on at times.

As far as only wanting someone in our 'group'. We welcome everyone, but not everyone agrees with our creed. If you don't feel it's for you, no problem. If you do feel it is, we take initiates, all anyone has to do is ask and we'll accomodate helping getting you a mentor and explaining what is required to be a member.

I joined CR to help the game, to help new players feel welcome. Any new game can be a bit overwhelming, HR is no exception to that. Helping to guide new players is why I joined CR. I don't mean baby them, but to nudge them in a helpful direction. Last but not least, CR strives to promote RP IG and to have FUN!!

and to reiterate.........I wouldn't be opposed to an open discussion day.Smile
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure alot know what CR is about, especially the creed. Personally, I know it is a group to help newbies. Not sure if that is accurate or not. I know it makes money for doing things back for the community (prizes, parties, etc.).

As a newbie coming in a couple years ago, I can honestly say I didn't know what CR was, nor ever thought of asking if there was a group to help me out.

Perhaps some flyers about it, who to contact, what the creed is, what is expected from members, and what a newbie can and cannot be expected to get from turning to CR would help. Right now, there is a bit of mystery about it and it's purpose, not because anyone has tried to make it that way, just because it isn't widely known.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » The Order Of The Crimson Rose » we need an open day !!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: