FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Human's Past
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Human's Past
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cadoc

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Human's Past

Ok this is something I have been wondering about. Humans crash landed here on Haelrahv in a cruise line ship. Which I would assume was a faily large vessel. So when it crashed it would of left a large crater or large trench, I would assume.

Ok, so on with my question, would the crash site still exist to this day, even though I believe it is now 600 years later? And if so, did humans stick around the crash site and set up a settlement? If the settlement/village was created is the town still around today?

One reason I ask, is because I am very curious about the past of the humans on Haelrahv. Also just trying to make some assumptions, from what present humans have done in "similiar" situations and I use similiar loosely. Just to use a "similiar" situation, you hear or see movies about people in a plane crash in the desert or mountains, they usually don't leave the plane behind or until things become desperate. But the one different thing is humans crash landed here in what I would assume was a some what habitable area of the world and liveable.

Another reason, I ask is because I think it would be fun to be able to visit the crash site, (if it is not a city presently and just say ruins). I would assume that it would hold some kind of significance to humans who are curious as to how they arrived on Haelrahv or for people looking for lost treasure/technology. With the ship being the only thing from the "Earth" that they have only heard stories of. What I picture is a large hull of a ship or the frame of the ship still partly sticking out of the ground inside a crater or gash in the land.

Well this was just a curious thought I was thinking about.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject:

This is an excellent question/comment. I'll let our resident lore and history experts, Morrigan and Xaiseiri, answer it for you.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Code:
[Crash City, Edgewalk South]
Towards the middle of the city looms the skeletal remains of a space-faring ship. The buildings along the Edgewalk are of more recent times, yet still quite old. The Edgewalk continues east and west, shops and homes lining it while Hale Road continues north further into the city. A cramped alley leads northeast between two dirt-grunged buildings, a cocky Human teen guarding its entrance.
You notice exits leading north, east and west.

HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject:

The Blue Ray landed near Bosque which is a fairly wooded environment and would have left a sizable mark on the landscape. Bosque, if you aren't familiar is an Eolai community inhabiting those who enjoy the simple life amidst nature. They tend to shun technological advancements, which I could see being partly due to their proximity to the crash site in addition to their desire to preserve Ateon's original creation.

Anyways, once the Humans landed they were dragged fairly quickly into the battles with the Darju. They didn't really have time to create much of a settlement there before they were being asked to help participate in the war. I can imagine that they would have been welcomed into the camps of those around them after the initial culture shock was alleviated and the fact that they weren't Darjuan allies was established.

As for ruins, I would say that there is still artifacts waiting to be unearthed in the crash site. It has been a constant battle between the Humans and Eolai of the area to keep the site uncovered and not left to be "reclaimed by Ateon." Actually, at the recent Landfall Festival (which celebrates the arrival of Humans on Haelrahv) remnants of the Blue Ray itself and other artifacts from the crash were exhibited. The exhibit is in the process of being moved to a more permanent location some where in Llanfair, so look for it to pop back up soon.

edit: Changed Ilafaelsh to Darju, since the Necropolis battle was already over with by the time the Humans had landed and the Ilafaelsh fled to Ashaer. I should try and remember not to post from work and without at least 3 cups of coffee in me Laughing

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for the reply. Makes for a lot of interesting history tid bits. If I have any more questions I'll denfinately make sure to ask. Very Happy
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject:

just out of curiousity who where the original race/s of haelrahv ....its probly in a book somewhere but dreg cant read and im passing the reply onto her Twisted Evil
SoulTorn

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject:

Alteri, Eolai, Jaddan.

Darju and Human come from off world.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject:

On that tangent, I'm curious which of the three native humanoid species (and I'm sure there are several more we won't have access to playing as) developed "civilization" first. I put that in quotes since there are obviously various levels of civilization, but having a system of writing seems to be decent standard.

Morrigan, you need to start publishing your novellas of Haelrahvian history. Out-of-game, preferably!

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure that could be broken down into several categories, such as:

First with a large population -
First with great military power -
First to possess far-reaching culture -
First to build grand religious monuments -
First to exhibit a complex political system -
First to initiate treaties with other races -
First to create trade routes -
First to create a written language -
First to possess a code of laws -
First to develop far-reaching technologies -

I could probably go on and on. <g>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Intrigued minds want to know! Now now now!

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
SoulTorn

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject:

I hereby demand Civilization: Haelrahv.
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

umm well if dregs anything to go by i would say jaddan where definately last to develop all of the afore mentioned but may have been here the longest but stayed in caveman state Razz
Cadoc

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Honestly its hard to say which of the 3 "non-alien" races would have developed the most by the time the humans arrived. I mean there, as Trevor pointed out, several facets in which a civilization can be categorized.

Religously I would say from what I read about all the races advances on the same pace.

But other than that I am very curious to hear an answer.

Ok forgot to ask a question to that just came to me as I as submitted this. The land around the crash site, want kind of affects did the impact have on the land? Would it still be pretty much a big hole with not much vegitation? or would the local surrounding vegitation of recovered by now?....don't mean to be nit picky just very curious
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

alteri discovered fire
jaddan discovered third degree burns.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Ok forgot to ask a question to that just came to me as I as submitted this. The land around the crash site, want kind of affects did the impact have on the land? Would it still be pretty much a big hole with not much vegitation? or would the local surrounding vegitation of recovered by now?....don't mean to be nit picky just very curious

Going by meteorite and asteroid impacts on the earth, vegetation typically does return. Well, that's not a very accurate statement, since a lot of drastic impact areas are in deserts, so: an area's ecology will most likely return to normal after x-amount of time has passed.

If the impact from the ship that brought humans to Haelrahv left a huge hole, the humans most likely would not have survived. What probably happened as a lucky crash landing where the ship came in at just the right angle to not be deflected or instantly combusted. Going by that, there'd jut be a bit of a trench in the wake of the ship's path as it made contact with the land and eventually skidded to a stop.

LOOK AT ME DRAW MY OWN CONCLUSIONS.

--William

PS: I'd be really really really interested in eventually seeing a somewhat detailed timeline of major events in HR's history. I'll even make it if someone gives me the raw stories! See, you guys can't skip over an offer like this.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Human's Past
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: