FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
General Wearable verb- Hide/unhide
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » General Wearable verb- Hide/unhide
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: General Wearable verb- Hide/unhide

I've noticed now and in the past that certain clothing items don't hide things they should, like bikini's and clit rings, robes not hiding underwear and such and had an idea.

Would it be possible to make all wearable clothing/items/containers/(maybe even armor) to be hidable so that they aren't noticed when a person is looked at. I see both advantages to this and disadvantages. I have a comm like it that was done long ago, but unlike the comm, have the items still show up under the Inventory command like panties and bras, but not under the LOOK (soandso). Could even add a PIERCING command to show worn piercings.

>pull comm
You pull your earcuff communicator into sight.
>hide comm
You tuck your earcuff communicator out of sight.

Realism-
(disadvantage) No it's not realistic that someone wearing this bulky suit of armor being able to hide it.
(advantage) Items that should be hidden could be hidden without having to always having to get a GM to fix it, Such as said person wearing this bulky all covering armor wants to hide their pants and shirt since they shouldn't be visible anymore anyhow. Smooth rings could be either hidden by worn gloves or worn over the gloves as well. Also this would allow a person still to show another their sexy underwear, without having to admit they aren't wearing it cause it would show up!

Style-
(advantage) this would allow people to look and dress how they imagine their character to look, without always having to take off those items they use for bonus and such just to RP in their relaxing clothes or having to resort to a holo mask that looks like what they would in their perfect outfit.
(disavantage) I personally can't see one in this catagory.

P.S. To Faith- One thing with this verb, and even without it.... Could you please add something that when mistsilk is covered or hidden, the misty rainbow random doesn't come up? Kinda odd to be wearing a pair of mistsilk panties and a pair of leather pants, then see a shimmer coming of the underwear! Though I do love the added verb.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject:

This exact topic came up recently in another thread. More or less according to the post feelings were split but there seems to be more in the "against it" camp than the "for it" camp.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:27 am    Post subject:

*scurries off to go find and read the other post and ponders for a bit*

Seems to me that there were more in favor of the idea then not in favor of it, except in the disadvantage I had listed of realism, or not liking the fact they had spent a lot of money on such a verb previously.

On the other hand though there are garments and pieces of clothing that depending how it was made should or should not be visible, a prime example would be a corset. Originally a corset was made to enhance ones figure to be worn under clothing, and as time evolved they started becoming more visible, a frill here to enhance the neckline of a gown etc etc, to what most of them are today which is an accent to clothing meant to be worn over them to add contrast, or just show certain preferences of lifestyle, though the original kind can still be found as well.

On the realism factor- yes to keep it real this would be impractical for large objects such as the backpacks that Haidee mentioned, on the other hand- this is a game, based in fantasy, if we can't look how we dream we wished we looked here, where could we go?

All in all I do still think this is a great idea- maybe make it so that the larger items and containers would still have to go through a merchant to gain some sort of flashy hide - (You push a small button on your backpack and it suddenly shimmers out of sight!) Or even a standing merchanting that would do it for an outrageous fee.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:

I didn't get into the why and how of the apparent results, just the results themselves. I don't think one can fairly say, "Ok the results seem to agree with me, except for all those people who had that other opinion I don't agree with."

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Actually more what I meant was I counted 2 against (one person posting multiple times) and one of those two against going for the command for the small realistic items, and 6 people for it.

Sorry about seeming to nit-pick just wanted to clear up what I had meant previously.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: General Wearable verb- Hide/unhide

Kelasa wrote:
I've noticed now and in the past that certain clothing items don't hide things they should, like bikini's and clit rings, robes not hiding underwear and such and had an idea.

If you have something that should be leg worn and isn't, the apparatus north of CC will fix it for you.

If you have something else that should be worn in a certain spot so as to cover other things (like I -think- bikinis should be torso worn in order to cover clit rings and nipple rings) but isn't, you should probably assist to have the garment fixed.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject:

I can't remember the thread, but a Counselor did confirm that clothing was going to have a direct effect on what piercings are visible. So, for instance, pants will prevent people from seeing your clit ring, but not the hundred eyebrow rings you have.

Which is mega A+ in my book.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:09 am    Post subject:

I'm still totally all for this. i want to be able to hide the items that don't do much to explain my character's design.

maybe have it set up like this?

1) LOOK BOB will show what they want you to see.
2) LOOK BOB CLOSE will show everything worn BUT those items altered to be hidden
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I'd go for that, Yaru. It makes sense to me.

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

That would kinda suck for anyone who paid $$$$ to the make-my-item-hideable merchant.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind having some of my stuff hidden. I'd hate to be nominated for the fluffmaster of the year award.
Wei Wao
Woah

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I'd still settle for being able to sort my wearable inventory. Hiding things would be way cool, but I'd be happy with just being able to be "in order".

"That's not breakfast, that's a vendetta!"-Jimmy Shubert
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:37 am    Post subject:

Well as I was one of those who paid the money for such a verb, I'm still in favor for the idea.. I mean... it's not like it's very hard to make money.
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject:

If you want to hide something large, have it altered into something that fits in with your character. Otherwise, if its something small you can do likewise, or ask a merchant who specializes in the pull/hide verbs to add them. But only to small objects.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » General Wearable verb- Hide/unhide
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: