FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Weapon verbs
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon verbs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Weapon verbs

I was hopeful that guns here will be able to do many more weapons from that other game, of which they can be pointed at and waved around, and not much more.

Preferably guns will be somewhat like instruments in DR, and will need maintenance/cleaning. It would be great if they could have lots of verbs, like cocking them, cleaning them (and taking them apart to thoroughly clean them), turning safety on/off, polishing them.. etc.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject:

It's a possibility. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:30 am    Post subject:

Have you ever noticed in some movies. Once they guys get the clips in and the slide goes forward. They will cock it an extra 2 times or so. Are directors obssessed with this sound or something? It seems really stupid to do that after you have a round in the chamber. Yeah first thing I think of is to eject to more rounds after I put my clip in. lol The only movie I haven't seen this overly used in was the matrix and matrix reloaded. They never made a big deal out of cocking of the gun. And they don't hold the gun sidways like a freakin idiot would do. How accurate is that? If you have ever shot a gun you would know its not very accurate. sorry I'm ranting. lol
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:24 am    Post subject:

I should note that ammunition for firearms is sold as x number of rounds, shells, etc, not as clips. In the real world, you don't just buy new clips left and right, but in many games (including Modus where I inherited a combat system already using clips for some weapons).

One does not have to manually load rounds into a magazine then load the magazine into the gun, etc. Instead, rounds are just held in hand and loaded into the gun with a roundtime, to simplify things.

Firearms will have safeties, pulse weapons will have on/off switches. I'd like to also make bows so that if one were to drop a bow or put it away, the ammunition would fall out, and that's something I may implement.

Most exotic fired weapons like flamethrowers will probably also have a safety/power switch.

Guns can jam (currently all firearm category weapons can jam). I may make this a manual process to clear, but right at the moment it simply gives the user a roundtime. If the weapon is your primary (right hand), the attack is prevented. If it is your secondary (left hand), the primary weapon still fires, the secondary does not, and a roundtime is added to the normal RT for firing the primary weapon. I was gracious enough to make it such that both weapons will never jam at the same time (the second weapon doesn't even try to fire if the first one jams)

Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Firearms will have safeties, pulse weapons will have on/off switches. I'd like to also make bows so that if one were to drop a bow or put it away, the ammunition would fall out, and that's something I may implement.
Most exotic fired weapons like flamethrowers will probably also have a safety/power switch.

Bows are unstringable too. Cool
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject:

hehehe Flamethrower, now that sounds like some fun.
So we don't get any like three round burst features on our guns? There all gonna be shoot and load, shot and load?

But but I wanna fully automatic m249 S.A.W. pretty pweese? Or maybe duel Mac 10's? lol J/k

Can't seem to figure out a name though. Hmm maybe I'll call my main character hmm not sure yet.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I would like to work in automatic weapons, balance is the main concern there.

Most handguns have a capacity of 16-25 rounds and have a shoot roundtime of one second, making them almost rapid fire. Load roundtime is usually roughly 1 second per round loaded.

Rifles and shotguns generally have a notably lower ammunition capacity.

There are also different types of rounds, each which has its own properties, effects and cost.

Pulse weapons need power cores which have a capacity of several thousand shots, however, a pulse weapon can hold a maximum of three charges at any given time. Each time a charge is expended on a shot, there is a noticable recharge time involved. So you can rapid fire three shots, but you'll have to wait for recharge. There is one pulse weapon that fires five somewhat weak ionic shots at once, the Alteri gridgun.

Pulse shots are naturally resisted by electrical resistances, and many modern armors are particularly effective against pulse weapons. Given this fact, there are essentially three types of pulse weapon. The standard pulse does raw electrical damage.

The ionic gun is able to shoot through most resistance, but generally does less damage. The multiphase type uses a mixture of pulse and ionic shots (similar to how tracers are used in conventional arms with x ionic shots per y pulse rounds) which results in more power than an ionic gun with less resistance than a pulse one.

Darju arms are notably effective but are heavier and more costly than their Human counterparts. Additionally, Darju pulse weapons are only available in pulse, no ionic or multi. Alteri arms are only available in ionic (currently) and Human pulse weapons are available in all three types.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I just want an AK5 Bofor. Crying or Very sad

--William

PS: And a 1970 Mustang Boss that can mount the Bofor. Very Happy

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I see what you mean with the balance thing. Everytime you fire a shot you get recoil. Well unless you get that New ak that has a Recipricating barrel. oohh thats a nice one. I forgot what is called.

I don't know if this factors into this duscussion, but will you be able to disarm someone who has a gun. If your good at Martial arts?

The Nameless one
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Some sort of disarm method seems likely at some point, yes

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Boss Type Guy wrote:
I should note that ammunition for firearms is sold as x number of rounds, shells, etc, not as clips. In the real world, you don't just buy new clips left and right, but in many games (including Modus where I inherited a combat system already using clips for some weapons).

One does not have to manually load rounds into a magazine then load the magazine into the gun, etc. Instead, rounds are just held in hand and loaded into the gun with a roundtime, to simplify things.

Load roundtime is usually roughly 1 second per round loaded.

I know things such as shotguns, revolvers, and even some rifles don't use magazines, but the majority of modern weapons do.

Is this just a temporary thing in which no magazines are currently used, or is it the direction you want the combat system to take? I would hate to see a game with such great weapons, but no clips.

Besides the fact that it would be really silly loading anything other then a low capacity pistol one bullet at a time anyway (30 capacity sub-machine gun anyone?), just where do you expect to the put the bullets in the first place? The magazines.

I know that you don't go out and buy clips when you get bullets (actually in a lot of games I've played you do, and though thats not what you actually do IRL, it works just fine), you just buy boxes of bullets, but you do then have to load them into a magazine, or for that matter multiple magazines.
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Besides the fact that it would be really silly loading anything other then a low capacity pistol one bullet at a time anyway (30 capacity sub-machine gun anyone?), just where do you expect to the put the bullets in the first place? The magazines.

You don't actually have to <load gun> multiple times, it fills the gun to capacity if you're holding enough ammo in you hand (it combines).
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject:

What I'm saying is that you do not have to do something like load <magazine> then load <gun>. You also don't have to load <gun> for every single round you wish to load either.

The only thing you are losing, as far as I can tell, is pointless repetition.

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:10 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
What I'm saying is that you do not have to do something like load <magazine> then load <gun>.

But can we if we want to? What was bad about clips in MO?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject:

Nothing was bad about clips in MO, but it was the same general concept except it was a called a clip. And, a weapon would always load full clips. You bought a clip with x rounds in it and loaded the clip. You didn't buy rounds, you bought clips. This is for semi-autos. For revolvers you still bought rounds of course, and shells for shotguns.

I'm not against adding the ability to unload a clip from your gun and load the clip manually with bullets if that's what your heart desires, but I don't tihnk adding it is a big deal either (read: low priority). Although, loading a bunch of magazines in safety would allow you to load the gun much more quickly in the field since you're using pre-loaded magazines.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Weapon verbs
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: