FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Image of Haelrahv
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Image of Haelrahv
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Image of Haelrahv

This probably belongs in Out of Character, but this is also an image of Haelrahv so it kind of belongs here too. So whatever. I'm not going to stress out about it.

Anyway, I got bored and there was absolutely no way I was going to actually study. And so I went on creating a planet, and it might as well be of Haelrahv (it's the only fantasy planet I'm involved with, afterall). Now I just need an idea for what to put in the background. Should it just be a regular background of stars like in my signature image, or should I throw in a nebula, or something else? You guys decide!

(note: this is a greatly reduced version; the original's 2976x1616, I had to crop the width down to not break the forum's frames)

I'm probably going to crop the height, too, so it's more linear.

Help me, Haelrahv forums!

--William

[edit:] Haidee just reminded me that Haelrahv has moons. So I guess those are going to get added too.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

Moons!
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject:

Haha, I edited before you replied. You got served.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
indigone
Mild mannered thinker

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Haha, I edited before you replied. You got served.

--William

Wormhole! (Why that picture made me think of Deep Space Nine, I can't explain, but the wormhole is missing)
"Woke up late one Thursday, and I'm seeing stars as I'm rubbing my eyes. And I felt like there were two days missing, as I focused on the time. And I made my way to the kitchen, but I had to stop from the shock of what I found, a room full of all of my friends dancing round and round and round. And I thought hello new shoes, Bye-Bye blues!"

- Paolo Nutini
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject:

We're going to make this a work in progress thread with updates at every major step!

Moons:

I downsized it again to fit everything within the image. Ilav looks a little blah because of it. Does the placement of the two moons look alright to you guys?

I'm actually not too happy with Ilav's texture, so it'll probably change in a little bit unless someone can convince me that it's alright as it is. I mean, it's supposed to look kind of stormy and tumultuous... red moons typically have tons of volcanos and storms and whatnot (also, blueish moons tend to be more icy, so I'm happy with Jadda's texture having tons of ridges). But I don't know if it's looking like that right now.

Also, I think it's very blatantly obvious that I didn't spend nearly as much time making the moons look good as I did with Haelrahv. Do you think I made the moons look a little too cartoon-y, as in they don't look realistic enough? Do you think "red moon!" could be like how we call Mars the red planet, but it's not really all that red? The same for the blue moon not really being super blue.

Counselors can pipe up, too! For all I know, this could be used as official Haelrahv art when it's all said and done. It has to be the best.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Aroai (almost called it Jadda the old name) should be about twice as big as you have it there.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Hahaha. I totally named the blue moon's layer group "Jadda". Highfive for oldschool. Thanks for the heads up on the size! Is Ilav half the size of Aroai, or is its size alright as it is now?

Here's what it's looking like. I chopped off the right side (which was just empty space anyway) so I could give a more detailed view. This is 25%.

I'm not digging the dark gash on the topleft of Aroai, but I'm thinking these moons are just acting as placeholders until I muster up the desire to make prettier ones.

Are their shades about what they should be? Should I make them darker or lighter, maybe?

--William

[edit:] the more I look at it, the less and less I'm liking Aroai. Gahhrrrr.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject:

The sizes look fine now. Aroai is a light blue color, sort of a light turqoise almost. Ilafai is a deep red, not dark, but strong vibrant red with a lot of luster.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:

How are these colourations?

I'm thinking I might stick with these textures afterall. The final image is going to be pretty small (relative to what I have now) if it does turn into official HR art, so the imperfections are more than likely not going to show up.

Unless you chaps want something else, heh.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:

I think they look pretty good.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. Very Happy

The moons are giving me problems, now. I can't cast shadows on them (to simulate a light source) without them getting really dull and blah. I'm going to work with them for awhile.

However, I've produced a better cloud layer I believe. It's a little thicker, which makes viewing the landmasses a little more difficult. But they do show through enough, I think.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/planetcheck44d.png

That's a full view of the planet, at half size. I know the shadow is a bit harsh, but most of that isn't going to show up when I crop it down to add in the moons (like the previous few images).

--William

[edit:] Here's where the moons are so far. I'm kind of ok with Ilafai's shadow... might need a little brightening on the right side. Aroai's shadow is missing because I'm hating the hell out of it right now.

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/mooncheck609.png

I think I need to move Aroai more to the right. Right now it looks like the two moons might collide, or Ilafai might even get sucked into Aroai's gravity. Oh man, that's an interesting concept; too bad they're both independent already in-game.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I think I need to move Aroai more to the right. Right now it looks like the two moons might collide, or Ilafai might even get sucked into Aroai's gravity. Oh man, that's an interesting concept; too bad they're both independent already in-game.

Let em duke it out. Aroai vs. Illafai, taking bets now. I wanna see the fatality, anyway.

BTW, the pics look good.

Back to top »
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject:

Pretty damn good. Better than anything I could do *chuckle*

What graphics program you use? My mom does alot of graphics, she sticks with Paint Shop Pro 7, and I've seen her do some kick arse graphics, like 3d images of divination tools back when I was a very active MM in the game who's name we do not name...speak...say...verbalize...
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject:

Photoshop CS2. I can't stand Paint Shop Pro, so, yeah.

By the way, I'm not going to be able to update this little project for another week or so. I've got exams in all of my classes this week (since the withdrawal deadline is coming up, all the professors around the school are getting off over the prospect of giving students aneurysms).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Geography, Maps & Travel » Image of Haelrahv
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: