Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:38 am    Post subject:

Oy vey, you gun control freaks...

Next thing you know, you'll be blaming the babysitter for not keeping an eye on our charges. PFFT.

Twisted Evil

Bell
 Back to top »
Rilas

Post Posted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject:

hmmm.... Never thought about that, i say we tie the babysitter's up and shoot them with licky sticky darts! Idea

least the cute ones anyway Twisted Evil
BlueEyes

Post Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject:

aaah noo not gun control freaks! That only keeps the good law abiding citizens from getting them. Won't stop the people who wanna get them. Anyyyways, yeah I know I play a Guardian. But I can still use lightning, and all sorts of other magics. That could kill something almost worse than a gun can. Fryin someone from the inside, can a bullet do that? hehe

And a gun sitting in the middle of the street without anyone pulling the trigger. Never hurt anyone. And remember rule one, gun is ALWAYS loaded. And keep your finger out of the trigger guard, unless you plan on tripping and shooting cause your finger was on the trigger. Or some loud noise makes you flinch.
Stay safe all!
Sinka
Renian
Darkness Incarnate

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject:

Yeah, so, back on topic...

While racism in Eolai should be shown more in our characters, the fact that the Eolai are the dominant character race does not help the situation. There's not as many people to hate on!

Quote:

find eolai

Currently in the world of Haelrahv:

Faith Evermound Nelle Doran Inaira S'real
Dixie Pierce Renian MagnanImus Ailin Ishea
Echoa Asho Sinka Dumon Fallon Derry
Orodreth Velldune Eka Oni Kit Murphy
Aesic Aesheo Niaobi Aneba Korell Aiwai
Drusilla Monroe Lexia Oasis Aerumna Narrare
>find human

Mellie Amresh Teloak Airsenston Tanis Loray
Valen Boreco Jera Wolfe Isolde Tantris
Elayne Stillwater Sarah Halloway Clara Complicity
Thorne Darkheart Liddia Fiachra Earthheart Dominato
>find darju

Vhen Dmar Tao Shadowstalker Kishan Lustrusmane
Morgana Vli Jade Venra Streider Gobbish-Oowen
Nron Diho Samanthia Winters
>find jaddan
No players matching your request are online.
>find alteri

Which reminds me...how come almost no one is a Jaddan? The Mighty trait and the one that gives vitality would seem really good in a combat-orientated character. "Yes, I would like to gain TEN strength/vitality a level, is that possible please?"
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject:

Renian wrote:

While racism in Eolai should be shown more in our characters, the fact that the Eolai are the dominant character race does not help the situation. There's not as many people to hate on!

Which reminds me...how come almost no one is a Jaddan? The Mighty trait and the one that gives vitality would seem really good in a combat-orientated character. "Yes, I would like to gain TEN strength/vitality a level, is that possible please?"

To be perfectly honest, in Live, Kit will be a human, not an eolai anymore. I like the balanced playing field more then the pretty stuck up boy...because I can play a pretty stuck up Human.

Why don't people play Alteri....not much sex appeal.

I think more people would play Jaddan if they weren't male dominanted, but rather female dominated.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Renian wrote:

Quote:

find eolai

Faith Evermound Nelle Doran Inaira S'real
Dixie Pierce Renian MagnanImus Ailin Ishea
Echoa Asho Sinka Dumon Fallon Derry
Orodreth Velldune Eka Oni Kit Murphy
Aesic Aesheo Niaobi Aneba Korell Aiwai
Drusilla Monroe Lexia Oasis Aerumna Narrare
>find human

Mellie Amresh Teloak Airsenston Tanis Loray
Valen Boreco Jera Wolfe Isolde Tantris
Elayne Stillwater Sarah Halloway Clara Complicity
Thorne Darkheart Liddia Fiachra Earthheart Dominato
>find darju

Vhen Dmar Tao Shadowstalker Kishan Lustrusmane
Morgana Vli Jade Venra Streider Gobbish-Oowen
Nron Diho Samanthia Winters
>find jaddan
>find alteri

Heh kinda funny how Zamde doesn't show up on any of the race lists. She was on the Eolai one last week. Who knows what she is now. I always knew there was something wrong with her.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I think something's just funky.

find lynettia

Lynettia Al'Traisha

find jaddan

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Kit wrote:

I think more people would play Jaddan if they weren't male dominanted, but rather female dominated.

worst logic ever.

then again, i say that as a player who wouldn't consider playing a race or not basd on how sexy they are.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:41 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
Kit wrote:

worst logic ever.

then again, i say that as a player who wouldn't consider playing a race or not basd on how sexy they are.

I'm thinking of player created drama in the game. And where most conflicts come from...and that's sex. Alteri just are not appealing to look at. It's a realistic estimation of why there are not a lot of Alteri.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Response in the "Roleplaying and Socialization" folder.
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject:

On topic...

Regarding Haidee's first post...I think it's just reasonable for humans to be racist...I mean look at our varied history!?

We've done so little and we're all racist against OURSELVES...So really looking at it from my perspective, wouldn't take but a wrong stare from an Eolai to start a war *chuckle*.

Not to mention, racism is (And this is debatable...Some will agree, some will think I'm a bigot...But whatever. You come pay all my bills and think every thought for me, than you can tell me how to form my opinons) bred into humans. Not so much through genetics, but just growing up. Think about it...Hispanics are associated with knives and landscaping, and Blacks are associated with gangs and drugs, and whites are associated with fishing and redneckery...All those are racist thoughts. I suppose it primarily just depends where you grow up and how sheltered your life is.

Though I believe humans are more capable of showing the brash ignorant obnoxious side of racism as opposed to the Upper Crest "Hold your nose up high around humans" racism of the Eolai.

But I would definitely like to see more racism in the game. Cause Haelrahv is a real game...By that I mean, it's not some sheltered little fantasy experience with twinkling fairies and kitty people *snicker*...There's booze, and drunken morons, and morons...A system for getting drunk...There's player versus player (disabled...Thank god for Seth)...And in some cases even sexual attacks, and indefinitely sexual acts...And racism is only one more nitty gritty REAL factor of life. So I definitely think that it enhances the depth of roleplaying, and the world.
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
Korell Ventril exclaims, "Choo ain no guard! Choo a crackhead!"
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

SethVentril500 wrote:
Stuff

Shut up, Human! Very Happy
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Only if you follow suit, you dart-slingin' tree huggin' nature pansy.

*Because most people don't understand my humor...^^^ That's it.*
Assassin: That's a good point...The creed is..."Stick them with the pointy end." - Ctrl+Alt+Del parody of Assassin's Creed.
---
TELEPATHY [close]:  Yaru Dex - "Great now you made Mickey cry. Thanks a lot, Seth."
---
 Back to top »
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject:

all races are capable of racism and all have good and bad amongst themselves .....
the question lies with how extreme the racism should be depending on the race itself not accounting for the personal views of the character behind the race?

many humans are racist yes but many more are free thinking racial equality people who although do not hate racism do not condone it or participate in it

so why should more humans show racism in fact why should any of the varied races show racism?

my personal views and thats mine not dreg . racism should be put in the same quiet corner as where we store political and religious views yes occasionally it should escape its confinement and state a few of its views but as a whole i like it to remain where it is .

oh and racism is very different from stereotyping racism runs much deeper than that ...said from experience
Seth Ventril
Disenfranchised Shadow

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

Oh don't get me wrong...I'm not calling humans to arms in a war against Eolai and Alteri (*Seths two least favored faces*)...I'm just merely stating that racism in the game adds more depth...

Though if everyone was racist, it would defeat the point...The people in the game have to be just as varied in real life...Some are racism, some aren't...Some are just prejudice, some are prejudice and racist *grin*.

Merely stating from a roleplay point of view, the racism adds more depth to the land...And with Humans being brash and arrogent, and Eolai being stuck up and arrogent, they're bound to clash.
---
---
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Eolai » Racism is Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: