FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Badges
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Badges
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xavier

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Badges

This is just a random suggestion that popped into my head while I was looking through things in the trooper store. I know this is going to sound really silly, but at the same time, I think it could be kind of cool.

I was looking through the dress uniforms and berets when I suddenly thought of something. We have name badges, but we don't have police-like badges. I know not every trooper is always dressed in the uniforms or the BDUs, so what if we had badges to distinguish us as law enforcement officers? These wouldn't be anything more than fluff and something kind of fun for us to have. You can have different kinds of badges depending on how you wear it. A badge you can clip to your belt, a badge you can wear around your neck, or a badge you can pin on your shirt. Maybe even a cool verb like FLASH to flash the badge at people. It would mostly be for fun and RP since technically people aren't supposed to react to the "a Human Trooper" when they look at Holden. They're actually not supposed to know his name by doing that, but that's a different debate entirely.

That's really all I have right now. If I think of something else, I'll throw it up here.
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject:

This isn't quite all the flair you're looking for, but just as an FYI you can have a woodworker carve you a badge, which can then be detailed (through a considerable time investment) to have a particular "look" to it.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject:

senseandviolets wrote:
This isn't quite all the flair you're looking for, but just as an FYI you can have a woodworker carve you a badge, which can then be detailed (through a considerable time investment) to have a particular "look" to it.

hah, woodcarving a look is the most obnoxoius thing in the world.

but find me tonight and i'll carve one up for you. Smile
DeleteMe

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Of course, if they get badges, others should be able to perform (read: impersonate) a law enforcement official with same said badges someday (not at first, and this would not be a performer profession ability....)

*whistles and wanders off*
Tao

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Badges?! We don't need no stinking badges!!

Just kidding. Heh.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Radalt wrote:
Of course, if they get badges, others should be able to perform (read: impersonate) a law enforcement official with same said badges someday (not at first, and this would not be a performer profession ability....)

*whistles and wanders off*

sweet, yaru's badge making services PLUS fake-id emporium.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject:

I've always been curious about if Performers and Agents will be able to do impersonations (in Live, if at all). I know there was a Disguise skill that got assimilated into Stealth -- we need this to be fleshed out RIGHT NOW.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I've always been curious about if Performers and Agents will be able to do impersonations (in Live, if at all). I know there was a Disguise skill that got assimilated into Stealth -- we need this to be fleshed out RIGHT NOW.

--William

(paddles William with a punch-hole oak board)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Badges
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: