FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
RP Awards Info
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » RP Awards Info
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokius

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: RP Awards Info

It would be tremendously wonderful if there was some way that I could see when/why/who gave me RP Awards....I've gotten several in the past couple months and everytime I see one I get a little bit frustrated to go with my happiness, I often have no idea I received the award until well after I get it and I never have any idea as to what I did to earn such an honor. I guess I'm kinda weird in that it's not good enough to earn an award, I like to know why. Anyways, an idea.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: RP Awards Info

Hokius wrote:
It would be tremendously wonderful if there was some way that I could see when/why/who gave me RP Awards....I've gotten several in the past couple months and everytime I see one I get a little bit frustrated to go with my happiness, I often have no idea I received the award until well after I get it and I never have any idea as to what I did to earn such an honor. I guess I'm kinda weird in that it's not good enough to earn an award, I like to know why. Anyways, an idea.

i'd be against people knowing where/why they got an RP award just because it could encourage them to do just that and not continue development. o wouldn't want RP to be done as a formula.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Two polar opposite opinions, here's a third.

I don't care one way or another who gave it to me - as long as the RPA is delivered during or within a reasonable amount of time after the RP.

I've gotten some in that other game literally hours after I had stopped RPing with anyone...and had no idea what was going on...what, was I getting an RPA for hunting by myself? However, I've never experienced that here - to my knowledge.

I also don't care to know specifics of why I'm getting one. As long as someone thinks my role-play is good, I'm pleased.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Something we often did in MO was to set up players to get a RPA later, usually automatically on their next login (a system I created, go me). This was because often staff would play their player characters, notice good RP in the mix they were with, and wanted to award RPA's without outing themselves as staff in disguise.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: RP Awards Info

soundless wrote:
i'd be against people knowing where/why they got an RP award just because it could encourage them to do just that and not continue development. o wouldn't want RP to be done as a formula.

I suppose I can't speak for everyone, but just because I got an award for doing something doesn't mean that's all I'm going to do. For one thing I'd assume that one way I earned an RP award is not going to be the same way I earn it next time. It would seem to me like a lot of other games where you once achieve an award for something, you have to move on to the next more difficult/impressive task to win an award. So my RP would have to even better next time, and disregarding that I certainly don't play the game simply to earn RPAs. They're nice, but they're not astoundingly able to improve my character so I see I get one and I say, "Oh, cool points for me." But I don't say, "Oh, an RPA! I need to earn millions of those so that I will reach level 32445 in 2 days!" Anyways, just because it was available doesn't mean you'd have to see it. It could certainly be set up so that you had to go out of your way to find out why. I'm just a really super-curious person and I love to know why things work the way they work, and so I just wish I could know what I've RPed lately that made me eligible for the award.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tao

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:

I wouldnt mind if you were able to know if another player gave you a RPA, but to know which GM awarded you one might be pushing it. People will talk and then they'll go and try and impress that cetain GM for an RPA. It might lead to potential arse kissing just to get an RPA.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Tao wrote:
I wouldnt mind if you were able to know if another player gave you a RPA, but to know which GM awarded you one might be pushing it. People will talk and then they'll go and try and impress that cetain GM for an RPA. It might lead to potential arse kissing just to get an RPA.

this is also why i don't want to have people know what player gave an RPA.
Hokius

Post Posted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

OK. Who is apparently a no, I can live with that, not even bothered by it really. I didn't even remember asking for a who, I know I did now, but I didn't remember it till I looked it up. But the why would still really be nice, and maybe just whether it was a player or GM but not which player or GM.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » RP Awards Info
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: