FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Another Public Sex Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Another Public Sex Poll
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Players who are caught having sex in public areas should...
Be left alone to do what they want.
6%
 6%  [ 3 ]
Be subject to arrest, fines, etc through the justice system.
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Be subject to attack by other players, either physical or verbal.
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
Be subject to policies that punish them in an OOC manner.
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 48

Morgana

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Many of you know I hate PvP. The best way I can explain it is why I don't allow a gun in my home in RL. I'll be sorry (hopefully) when your dead and I have to clean up.

I voted for player justice. (but think fines and the justice system could be used somehow by an accusing verb, not sure how)
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject:

epol wrote:
I am not in favor of rating rooms and places. Rate the game and be consisitent, imo. Let the people police themselves through a player based justice system. I do not want GMs policing the streets, making determinations of what is right and wrong, or writing code that determines it.

Rating this room vs. that room is arbitrary, will be subject to error and is segration of society, again imo.

I'm not trying to hate, but can you try to think of it from an in-character perspective at least once?

How does it make any sense at all to see two people, from whatever race or gender, going at it like animals in the middle of a city... and that be perfectly legal? Yes, there will be places and cities where this activity will be okay. Titan City comes to mind first, where it's going to be a pretty huge everything-goes kind of city. But there are still going to be "conservative" cities within which having sex in open areas isn't going to sit well with the government/populace.

From a roleplaying perspective, it makes no sense for every single city all over the world to have the same views and attitudes toward everything. We can't even do that in the real world, so I highly doubt a society of five radically different racial backgrounds could come close to it.

As I've said in one of the other fifty billion threads on this, I realize these changes aren't purely in-character in nature. But I think if everyone that's against them would just stop and THINK about it from the perspective of their (or someone else's) character, they'd see the changes make perfect sense.

Also, "GMs policing the streets" is FAR from what anyone has come close to suggesting. I know you were probably going to for shock value... but these kinds of discussions need straight forward language, not hyperbole. The closest thing to Counselors policing the streets, as far as what I've seen proposed, is they'll be using their best judgement to determine of a room or area is safe for public sex or not. And that's a hardly goosestepping over your rights as a player.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject:

Just so this is on record, the rated areas would have been/will be attached to existing areas. I'm pretty positive Trevor said that already. The outcome wouldn't be anything even remotely like segregation, anymore than restricting PvP to the sparring grounds would be considered segregating (the latter of which is actually enforced, and by hard code). We have no concentration camps planned. Honest. No morality stormtroopers. You're pushing across a draconic outtake that Trevor has repeatedly stressed is both grossly misinformed and incorrect.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject:

I am sorry to say, I am not.

Please do not take my words out of context. The were in the same context as my other postings. Both Brokyn and Mickey, I was not suggesting what either of you translated my words to be...IF you have read the other postings I made.

My goodness, must it always be so attacking personally? The word segregation only meant seperation between rooms...not the 'w' island or anything like that. It is so hard to choose the right words around you guys and express an opinion, without it being looked at as a harsh attack on your views.

I HAVE MY REASONS, based on experience, for wanting players to be in charge of this. Labelling things as draconic is just not right....is it really so wrong to want what the game was intended for which is players policing themselves? Why then must you label what I say with some harsher words? When I say I don't want GM's policing why is it taken out of context to ,eam stormtroopers?

I AM NOT ADVOCATING PUBLIC FUCKING...GOD, I AM TRYING TO EVEN MAKE IT ILLEGAL EVERYWHERE, yet providing a way to police it that is a compromise. Must the only compromise be to what you want? Is it just to try to get a rise out of someone and piss them off so they spout off and you can say see? Believe me when I say, you won't see me fucking in public or private in HR anymore....so frankly, make what rules you want.
 Back to top »
Cadoc

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I have read alot about this topic and what everyone has posted about it. I figured I will throw in my two cents and see what people think. Obviously there are people all over the map on what to do with this.

As per the poll, options 2 & 3 seem to be the ideas that everyone likes. A combination of the two seems to be the best option, but there should be reprecussions for what someone does. I mean this for both sides of the coin too.

If people feel the need or desire to have sex in public they should be willing and know the consequences of what happens to them. ie being that a person becomes offended and either takes the law into their own hands and kills the people or works with the justice system and accuses them (ie punishment is then dealt out via jury, trial, etc)

Now on the other hand, if someone kills the people they are no less at fault. They should be punished according to their actions.

I have decided to stay out of the idea of what is according punishment for sex offense or murder, just that a punishment should be dealt for both. Well that is my view on this entire thing, if people feel it is wrong or not completely right please correct me, I will gladly hear you out.

Well there is always a fourth option too all of this, my personal favorite by the way, if you want quick and reliable service and feel justice wasn't done. Hire a Merc...Cadoc will gladly do the job for the right price... Twisted Evil or if you feel like being more discrete, I "guess" there is always an agent, if you really want to go that route..(ok to save argument, wasnt serious on this one..or was I)
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Cadoc wrote:
Well there is always a fourth option too all of this, my personal favorite by the way, if you want quick and reliable service and feel justice wasn't done. Hire a Merc...

Stay tuned.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Cadoc wrote:
I "guess" there is always an agent, if you really want to go that route..

Prepare to be assassinated in your sleep. 463|\|7 P0\/\/4|-|!
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject:

dont ask me why I am posting at all on the boards because I really have no right since I am not really a player anymore. But I was board and this one caught my attention. So I did not vote, so as not to skew what is none of my business. I agree with many people on the fact that some combination of 2/3. 2 being ideal but 3 being viable but said person of course would also face some form of "official" punishment for killing (if that happens) I nice warning shot usually works though. Question is what is allowable for option 2. I say go with what the norm would be in RL. Heavy petting is usually tolerated legally cause who really wants to turn in somone for making out, the line being showing of acceptable body parts. I dont think I need to clarify this any.

I say in town should be more severe, out of the way remote areas not so much. Or a way to TURN IN somone for lewd behaviour, course there would have to be a way to prove this and not abuse it. I really dont know the perfect solution but I think there could be one damn close.

Good luck to you all.

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
there would have to be a way to prove this and not abuse it.

The release of video cameras that record going-ons in rooms!
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Quote:
there would have to be a way to prove this and not abuse it.

The release of video cameras that record going-ons in rooms!

LMAO, not at your idea Haidee, I think it is great. Just at the thought of it made me chuckle to myself when I had visions of 'Breaking News' videos, Private dectectives hired by spouses, and of course Paris Hilton's infamous videos.
 Back to top »
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject:

I can just imagine strapping people to my couch and forcing them to watch boring wedding or vacation videos or something. Imagine the good times.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Polls » Another Public Sex Poll
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: