FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Some general questions
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Some general questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chevonne

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Some general questions

I just have a few general questions about combat. (I only use unarmed so every question is while using unarmed)

When you hit something and it gets knocked down. acrobatics determines if they "roll back to their feet" right? My question about this is: If I were 10 level and knocked them down, are they MORE likely to recover than if I were 20? What I mean is... does the level of the attacker have any bearing on whether they roll back to standing or is it simply that they will always recover with enough acro as long as they aren't stunned?

Also, my coordination doesn't seem to play much of a role at ALL when I target a specific body part. I may hit the part I am aiming for every now and then, but it seems more random than anything. It's been like this for a long time for me, even tho, I train coordination. I have also tried potions to see if there is any difference and there isn't. Do bonuses have any affect on "to hit specific parts" or is it just the base stat? Stances don't SEEM to matter either. (not done testing this one). I'm just interested to hear if anyone has any success targetting specific body parts to hit, and if so, what weapon are they using because with unarmed it just doesn't seem to matter if I aim for a part or not. It's just more typing.

Does perception play a role in hitting a certain body part or just hitting in general? That could be my problem. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

Okay, one more thing.... I have been "gagueing" (someone help with the spelling please?) my hits lately. from weak to critical. And it just seems like it doesn't matter whether my hits are weak, faint, serious, devastating or whatever... it seems like it's still taking me the same number of hits to kill whatever I'm hunting.

Okay, done.

thanks

-chevonne
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Some general questions

i'll tackle this point by point:

Chevonne wrote:
When you hit something and it gets knocked down. acrobatics determines if they "roll back to their feet" right?

yes

Quote:
My question about this is: If I were 10 level and knocked them down, are they MORE likely to recover than if I were 20?

AFAIK, it's based on their skill, not yours.

Quote:
Also, my coordination doesn't seem to play much of a role at ALL when I target a specific body part.

hitting body parts isn't working for non missile attacks.

Quote:
Does perception play a role in hitting a certain body part or just hitting in general? That could be my problem. I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

perception helps hit body parts (but non missile targetted attacks are broken) and also increases missile weapon damage.

Quote:
it seems like it's still taking me the same number of hits to kill whatever I'm hunting.

from my experiences i only get kills by destroying a vital bodypart (head/neck/chest/back/abdomen/body). i can blow up every part of a kucho but if i don't go for a vital it'll last forever.

Quote:
thanks

anytime!
Hokius

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject:

I have noticed some creatures die before I destroy a vital body part...ocasionally they seem to bleed to death if I do enough damage.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject:

Hokius wrote:
I have noticed some creatures die before I destroy a vital body part...ocasionally they seem to bleed to death if I do enough damage.

it happened less (for me at least) once critters get up there in levels.
Chevonne

Post Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
hitting body parts isn't working for non missile attacks.

Yeah, if this is true, which I'm sure it is, can it be fixed at all?

Quote:
from my experiences i only get kills by destroying a vital bodypart (head/neck/chest/back/abdomen/body). i can blow up every part of a kucho but if i don't go for a vital it'll last forever.

Right, and since I have no choice but to use unarmed, I'm having to just kill everything with headbutts (always hits the head). But, it doesn't seem to matter if I get good hits or devestating hits or massive hits. They just seem to do the same damage.
 Back to top »
Chevonne

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject:

I've gotten no response from this (from GMs). And see no changes to this in game. I can not AIM a shot at a specific area of a creature. If this is a problem with "non-missile" attacks, why aren't more people complaining? My ONLY attack is non-missile (other than magic which i will lose soon anyway).

My question: Is there any hope of fixing this? If I want to punch, backhand, or jumpkick a HEAD... I want to be able to. And, frankly, I am tired of uppercutting right or left FEET.

It's true that I can headbutt everything I meet. Thank you for that. BUT, for people who ENJOY combat could we please just have the targetting work? If this applies to ALL non-missile... I would think others would like this to happen also. Not using any weapons, I don't know if this applies to swords.... whips.. what? I know it doesn't work for me (unarmed). I LIKE to hunt and would like to aim my shots and for it to work...

thank you,
-chevonne
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject:

less that noone else cares and more that we realize it's a bug and wait for a combat coding GM to fix it.
Hokius

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Exactly what he said.

You can't take a girl to the Library! What? It's free? Well that's not so bad then...--David Scully as Sergeant Johnson, Halo 2 Outtake
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject:

As far as I can determine, the combat issues that I'm aware of are lag related and not bugs. i.e. aiming, insanely long advancement times, e.t.c should all be fixed when we upgrade to a new server.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
As far as I can determine, the combat issues that I'm aware of are lag related and not bugs. i.e. aiming, insanely long advancement times, e.t.c should all be fixed when we upgrade to a new server.

I think she's referring to not being able to aim a melee attack (punch, slash, etc.) and not the aiming issues us ranged users are having.

And I agree with Yaru and Hok. From my understanding, there are only a few GMs who can work on combat. So it's less that no one cares and more of those few GMs finding the time to do so.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Personally, I've just had so little time, I've gotten very little done, and anyone else who has worked with combat to any real extent is in the same boat.

I'd love to totally revamp combat, but that's not going to happen. More time needs to be spent on 'Live' and less on the current incarnation of the game.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Chevonne

Post Posted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:32 am    Post subject:

Thank you very much for the replies. That helps alot.

I appreciate everyone elses comments also but, please keep in mind that I did wait 3 weeks before posting again. I'm not riding anyone's butt here. I asked a question, didn't get an answer so, I posted again. I got an answer after the second posting and now, I am satisfied that my concerns were heard. That's all.

As far as I know, that is what these boards are for.

I didn't feel like I was being hostile, and absolutely understand the time issue. I just wanted to make sure these issues were known. I never meant to make anyone feel like these things should be fixed yesterday. Just asking if they could be fixed. I don't see many Guardians posting and since we are the ones who rely solely on unarmed, I didn't know if anyone else even knew about this or cared.

Thank you again, for the replies.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Some general questions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: