FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Roleplaying someone aging?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Roleplaying someone aging?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

RP aging?
yes
66%
 66%  [ 10 ]
no
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Roleplaying someone aging?

So Yaru's been 8 for like... 4 or 5 HR years.

Part of me is wondering if the next time any of the feature alters are around, I should have him go in for a "checkup" which in reality will be getting his age age advanced a bit.

Roleplay wise, Yaru's always been 'growing up' in terms of acting more mature. I think everyone is (thankfully) glad that he's not still running around being as loud as he used to be. i've been aiming for the polite-enough-but-still-a-little-annoying pre-teen/just-teen thing for awhile, so I'm hoping that is working.

So what's everyone's stand on a character getting older? Do your characters grow up? I notice a lot of people in HR tend to make their characters get a certain look (which is great, i love people with a plan for a roleplayed description), but once completed and having everything set perfectly, they sorta just keep adding onto it instead of evolving it to the next step. Even in DR (where characters do manually age), noone really had themselves act older. They were pretty much eternally the age they started out as. If you came out the character manager at 20 and played for 5 years, people would still treat their characters like they were 20 and not 40 or whatever.

I notice a lot of people do wonderful jobs of character development (storyline advancement and so on) but tend to ignore getting older, but I could be wrong. Does anyone else keep in mind that their characters, in a sense, should be getting older? Do you make adjustments as time moves on, or are they physically in a frozen point in time while they do develop/progress mentally/storyline-wise?
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject:

i would love to see characters age . i have been thinking about how to rp dreg getting smarter but i've played her as an iritating half-wit for so long now , that it has kind of stuck with her .

maybe other players could try and educate her Laughing and a slow progression from half-wit to maybe being able to read might occur Laughing
 Back to top »
Thagreatjade
Harbringer of the Moker

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I appreciate your take on this, Dex. I've always second-guessed myself on how to RP Lysenthir towards Yaru. Now I know! Woo!

L.Z.

-John Constantine
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'm all for aging. I wish the system did it automatically...instead, I'll be paying for that next time Aelae comes around...provided I get a chance to see her. She's always packed!

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
She's always packed!

Yeah and most of the time it's less for RP reasons and more for making people looking like something out of a trashy romance novel. ><
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Quote:
She's always packed!

Yeah and most of the time it's less for RP reasons and more for making people looking like something out of a trashy romance novel. ><

or making them look less likely to ever properly fit into that tube top they'll be wearing when yelling at the royal guards about how thier trailer falls within building code standards. Rolling Eyes

Wink
Haidee
Bow chicka bow wow

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to speak candidly and I'm not lashing out or anything. It's just something I want to state for the record. (And I know that the previous comment is made in jest and I'd like to also state for the record : Haidee would NEVER wear a tube top!! *scoff*)

Haidee being trailer trash is just as much RPing as Yaru a kid. I think I was probably the 2nd or 3rd character to get their boobs altered and I did it because I thought it would help out the persona of my character as TT. I CERTAINLY didn't do it to make her "prettier" so all the boys would love me and want me blah blah blah. I even tried to put a little humor into her look to make it completely obvious that they were faker then fake.

But yeah, that was just something I'd like to get out there.
Inside an intricately beaded twilight black suede corset with hot pink lacings you see a buttery nipple, a buttery nipple, a steaming pile of gamojab poop, a speckled red crab, a chocolate chip brownie, a map of Haelrahv, a huge blonde hair ball, a severed Haidee head, and your boobs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject:

phttt. i knew that. honestly considering you're so over the top with how Haidee looks, there's no way i can think "oh, great, another look at me i'm an ultra sexy super person."

sorry if i sounded like i really thought you were just trying to make haidee trailer trash for reasons beyond "because it's a fun unique RP" Razz
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
sorry if i sounded like i really thought you were just trying to make haidee trailer trash for reasons beyond "because it's a fun unique RP" Razz

Which makes all the other Eolai go....SHOOT IT.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject:

Haidee wrote:
Quote:
She's always packed!

I've noticed most people can't stand to play 'normal'. I've also noticed most either have to be 'trashy romance novel sexy' (mostly females) or 'blood, fire and brimstone scary' (mostly males).

Seeing people who do things differently makes me respect them more as an RPer, regardless of how I think about them on a personal level.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fatboy

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject:

Pubo anyone?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » Roleplaying someone aging?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: