Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
home questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » home questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josie
Everyone wants to be me!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject:

i <3 my portables... and i thank god it wasnt 5 mil to buy em!

Three things I'd never sell... my inviso robe, my crucible and my stove.
You forcefully swing your fluffy pillow at Trevor Rage and hit him on the rear sending feathers flying everywhere!
Your swing knocked Trevor Rage down!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject:

just so i know i'm on the same page here.

lab equipment != workstations, right? that means like, stuff that is actual furniture like stoves and so on, correct?

also, can it be possible to EJECT (hey, kiddos, memorize this word) people you don't want in your home even if you aren't in the same room as them? and, if possible can BAN autoeject someone as well.

last but not least, when we go to rewrite a room description, can we see what we're changing before we change it? normally if i tweak something i just want to do a word swap or something but unless i have a copy of what the room looks like on hand elsewhere, i can't always rewrite a whole thing based on memory.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

lab equipment != workstations, right? that means like, stuff that is actual furniture like stoves and so on, correct?[/quote]

I didn't understand the question, specifically what you meant by "workstations" vs. lab equipment. If you mean stationary devices for non-alchemy crafts, that will depend mostly on how those things are set up. Some rooms are set up for specific use instead of the equipment so it's the -room- that has the relative code which doesn't exist on home rooms. Those cases are far less likely to come to fruition. It so happens though that alchemy equipment is designed to work in any room it's placed in.

Quote:
also, can it be possible to EJECT (hey, kiddos, memorize this word) people you don't want in your home even if you aren't in the same room as them? and, if possible can BAN autoeject someone as well.

I'll note the BAN suggestion. You can already EJECT people, it's been in all along. But if you're having problems making it work, let me know.

Quote:
last but not least, when we go to rewrite a room description, can we see what we're changing before we change it? normally if i tweak something i just want to do a word swap or something but unless i have a copy of what the room looks like on hand elsewhere, i can't always rewrite a whole thing based on memory.

Yep, I'm adding this like... now. It was on my list already thanks to a SUGGEST.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I didn't understand the question, specifically what you meant by "workstations" vs. lab equipment. If you mean stationary devices for non-alchemy crafts, that will depend mostly on how those things are set up. Some rooms are set up for specific use instead of the equipment so it's the -room- that has the relative code which doesn't exist on home rooms. Those cases are far less likely to come to fruition. It so happens though that alchemy equipment is designed to work in any room it's placed in.

i mean that you saying we can't get lab equipment yet means that we can't get stoves and so on, not that we can't get the workstations that give +whatever to bonuses (alchemy lab, artist studio, etc), right? i just want to make sure because i was able to get my rooms installed with all those bonus giving things.

Quote:
I'll note the BAN suggestion. You can already EJECT people, it's been in all along. But if you're having problems making it work, let me know.

as a goof I tried to have Yisi eject Mellie while she was in the academy with Yaru, but it didn't work. i was assuming that was because Yisi was over at Cloud Court or somewhere else, but in the event someone is in your home, it can be a bit annoying that you have to go all the way to your home to remove him/her.

Quote:
Yep, I'm adding this like... now. It was on my list already thanks to a SUGGEST.

sweet Smile
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject:

can interiors get night descriptions, too? Smile

i like giving the impression of there being a lot of activity indoors during the day, but i can see that not being the case at night.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
i mean that you saying we can't get lab equipment yet means that we can't get stoves and so on, not that we can't get the workstations that give +whatever to bonuses (alchemy lab, artist studio, etc), right? i just want to make sure because i was able to get my rooms installed with all those bonus giving things.

Ah, let me give you the terminology I use. For the "workstations" as you call it, I refer to them as lab/workshop designations, since that's what you're doing, adding a designation to a room. Anyway, these designations are available and do work.

Quote:
as a goof I tried to have Yisi eject Mellie while she was in the academy with Yaru, but it didn't work. i was assuming that was because Yisi was over at Cloud Court or somewhere else, but in the event someone is in your home, it can be a bit annoying that you have to go all the way to your home to remove him/her.

Hmm. Point. I'll have to consider that.

Quote:
can interiors get night descriptions, too?

This will require changes to how rooms are actually displayed, so more is involved, but it's doable.

Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject:

At the terminal, can we have an option to exit if we say...chose the wrong number? It's a little annoying having to retype up things when I'd rather just hit '9' to go back to the main menu.

edit:
EXAMPLE:

Code:
Please choose which portal to modify:

1. a storeroom door
2. a gated glass archway leading out back
9. Return to Main Menu

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject:

If you give me specific examples of where this would be useful I can do so.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
If you give me specific examples of where this would be useful I can do so.

Anytime where you have to make a choice, there should always been an option to change your mind. Like my example above, choosing which exit to rename

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Kit. You misunderstand. It's far easier for me to fix these things if I have a list to go by rather than me trying out every single menu option to see which allow you to cancel and which don't.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Kit. You misunderstand. It's far easier for me to fix these things if I have a list to go by rather than me trying out every single menu option to see which allow you to cancel and which don't.

Well, without me going in there and playing around... I'll just give you the one that's been bugging the crap out of me. Mainly, it's the option that lets you rename an exit. After you select what room you want to rename the exit in, it might be nice to be able to decide not to rename any exit.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject:

yeah, the major issue i had was that lets say i pick that i want to make a portal then decide "hey i don't want arch" or "hey i don't want that adjective."

i couldn't backstep and fix things. instead i have to finish, then delete, then start again.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Going back one step in adding a portal isn't really something I can easily add. I -can- add the opportunity to call off adding the portal during any of the steps you need to enter something, or have a final confirmation before it actually adds the portal.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Going back one step in adding a portal isn't really something I can easily add. I -can- add the opportunity to call off adding the portal during any of the steps you need to enter something, or have a final confirmation before it actually adds the portal.

here's where my problem comes in (since i want to walk myself through doing something as i write the HELP file). i had to add a cardinal direction because there was no way of backing out of it. i wanted to remove it, but i entered portal for my option by accident...

Code:
Please choose an option:

1. Add a cardinal exit to a room (north, down, out, etc.)
2. Add a portal exit to a room (door, archway, stairs, etc.)
3. Remove a cardinal exit from a room.
4. Remove a portal exit from a room.
5. Rename a room's portal exit.
9. Return to main menu.

>4

Please choose which room to remove an exit from:

1. Llanfair Academy, The Mellie Knight Studio of Design
2. Llanfair Academy, The Caxz Dirman Library of the Arts
3. Llanfair Academy, Woodshop
4. Llanfair Academy, The Haidee Idia-Anari Hall of Music
5. Llanfair Academy, The Morgana Vli Laboratory of Medical and Alchemical Studies
6. Llanfair Academy, Campus Courtyard
7. Llanfair Academy, Artist's Square
8. Llanfair Academy, Institute of Medical and Technological Arts
9. Llanfair Academy, The Tygerwulf Fyrestick Department of Security

as you can see, there's no way NOT to remove an exit.

it would also rock if we had to confirm things, too.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » home questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: