FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Alchemy issues
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Alchemy issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Alchemy issues

Just a couple of things regarding mixing that I've noticed. I understand if everyone is too busy to look at them right now, just thought you should be aware.

Minor discrepancy: ortus extract leaves no vial and has no messaging about the vial not being reusable afterward.

Problems regarding refinement of components.

1. I've noticed that the time to smelt, cool, and shave a 50 unit ingot is the same as a 1 unit ingot. It seems like it would take longer based on size.

2. The time to crush 50 units worth of gems takes longer the more gems you have, regardless of unit size of each gem. So 5 10 unit stones would be crushed far faster than 10 5 unit stones, and so on.

3. The time to crush 50 units worth of gems is far far longer than the time to refine 50 units of metal.

Because of this, any potion that requires 2 metal and 1 plant component, takes far less time to make than other potions - especially those using gems as a component. Not sure this was intentional.

In addition...

4. The weight of 50 units of gems can vary drastically depending on how many units is in each gem. I can easily (every time) fit over 500 units into a 50 lb. backpack, but for someone who (I asked) was mining 2-4 units each time, 500 units would not fit in a 50 lb. backpack. There were about 15 gems left over.

Just some observations.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:58 am    Post subject:

Ortus has been misbehaving for a long time now.

http://www.haelrahv.com/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=2029
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Alchemy issues
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: