FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Drink suggestion
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Drink suggestion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Drink suggestion

Make alcohol actually make you get drunk in a way. And make it do something 'unique' or different to Alteris.  ;D
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

It will.  Hasn't been coded yet, but alcohol will have various effects, both cosmetic and otherwise.  Might affect certain races differently too, yep.

We also have some special messaging for Darju when they guzzle stuff down.  Plugging in racial stuff where we think of it.  I know Alteri have some humorous messaging if they try to bite their nails ... because they have none. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

On a side note, I think DR is extremely lacking when it comes to racial discrepancies in day to day life and.. everything.

Every race does 99.5% of everything the same.

I'd love to see many more different effects/messaging/stuff depending on race, even purely cosmetic ones. Its the little things that make a game.

(Tiny slight bonus here.. tiny slight penalties there... few different messages with this.. funny things that happen with this race doing this... hell, the different races probably don't even cough the same. And so on and so forth.)
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

I think the biggest problem is in the time it takes to do all that, but heck, you'd think DR would have done it by now with all the time they have.  They did make those racial verbs, but those and a lot more could've been done a lot sooner.  I think it just wasn't a priority.  I can't say it's a priority for us either, but I'd like to think we'll do a lot better on it a lot sooner.

I'd really like to see profession, race and stats defining your character a lot on a day to day basis outside of just the affects on systems and stuff.  Just a matter of coming up with ideas and having the time to work them in.

Course I could have done some little racial stuff in the time I've spent posting today <cough> <g>

Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

<I'd really like to see profession, race and stats defining your character a lot on a day to day basis outside of just the affects on systems and stuff.  Just a matter of coming up with ideas and having the time to work them in.>

Yes exactly! I think with DR, there just isn't a want to change what already is. They don't wish to change how it was all made in the first place, making it like this as the game itself is built however... trick is to actively think about things like this while making everything.

<Course I could have done some little racial stuff in the time I've spent posting today <cough> <g>>

Er uh <cough> yes. But now you have more ideas and more motivation.  ;D
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

Quote:
Er uh <cough> yes. But now you have more ideas and more motivation.

True. Wink

Back to top »
HR-Eleanora

Post Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Drink suggestion

One neat thing (already mentioned elsewhere) is the language command.  Since my character is a human it isn't quite as neat, since "human" aka English is the "common" language...everyone can speak it.  But it's neat to be in a room of people and switch into your native language and only those who are from the same race (or have high research skill) can understand you.  That's a great start for making something a little different for each race.  More suggestions for "little things" like that would be welcome as well.

Eleanora
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » Drink suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: