FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Any new skills/abilities coming up for Troopers?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Any new skills/abilities coming up for Troopers?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Any new skills/abilities coming up for Troopers?

I know justice is a big deal but I've longed for some abilities or skills that Troopers can call their own. It kinda sucks that every other combat oriented profession has special skills/abilities yet Troopers have nothing save Defend.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:

I don't think any profession can think or expect to not have stuff coming unless/until there's nothing coming for anyone due to "Live" dev.

But, it's worth noting that every time some abilities come out for a few professions, several other professions ask, "Is there anything for us?". I don't really like this phenomenon.

It's as if every ability or system X profession enjoys is considered of equal value and usefulness (and as if it took equal staff time to create). Expectations set up this way create unfair responsibility on staff members.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I don't think any profession can think or expect to not have stuff coming unless/until there's nothing coming for anyone due to "Live" dev.

But, it's worth noting that every time some abilities come out for a few professions, several other professions ask, "Is there anything for us?". I don't really like this phenomenon.

It's as if every ability or system X profession enjoys is considered of equal value and usefulness (and as if it took equal staff time to create). Expectations set up this way create unfair responsibility on staff members.

Well, troopers got the stun bonus...and they just very recently got missions too. And before that, a new shop and their own heaquarters much more developed then any other profession's. I don't think troopers are doing too bad at all when it comes to developments.

And Trevor's been working hard on all this new combat stuff....even if it means holding off even longer on homes. ;.;

But yeah, I don't think professions are being slighted. If anything, troopers have been getting more treatment then some other professions, esspecially in the combat field.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
And Trevor's been working hard on all this new combat stuff....even if it means holding off even longer on homes. ;.;

I'm actually working on home code now, and I generally mix it in with everything else. Believe me, if I focus on only one thing I'll go nuts. Distractions in other projects help a lot. Hell, distractions playing X game for a while help a lot, too.

Quote:
But yeah, I don't think professions are being slighted. If anything, troopers have been getting more treatment then some other professions, esspecially in the combat field.

I'd say Guardians still need some love, and I have not forgotten sigils, which are partially complete. They're more complex than some other recent releases (SURVIVAL, wards, etc.) but slowly getting there. The next attack command to be released by yours truly will be a Guardian move.

Then there's professions that have so much untapped potential and they feel incomplete just because of that. Say artisans or techs. No matter how many crafting systems we add, there's always room for more.

Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Quote:

I'm actually working on home code now, and I generally mix it in with everything else. Believe me, if I focus on only one thing I'll go nuts. Distractions in other projects help a lot. Hell, distractions playing X game for a while help a lot, too.

Then there's professions that have so much untapped potential and they feel incomplete just because of that. Say artisans or techs. No matter how many crafting systems we add, there's always room for more.

Yes, I agree with the poor Guardians...and mercs have almost nothing either. Mercs are a bit worse off than Guardians...I don't even know if anyhing is planned for mercs.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:

Stuff is planned. In fact, the next attack I add after that for Guardians is probably going to be one for Mercs. Mercs actually have a lot, it's just mostly in the form of bonuses.

Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject:

I think the real question on everyone's mind is, when do medics get deathrays?
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Well, at least one of them has evolved into a cockatiel, so that's progress.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject:

kit wrote:
Well, troopers got the stun bonus...and they just very recently got missions too. And before that, a new shop and their own heaquarters much more developed then any other profession's. I don't think troopers are doing too bad at all when it comes to developments.

Other professions got the stun bonus, so there's nothing unique there.

And I didn't say the profession was being slighted.

I didn't ask about SYSTEMS I.e. missions or justice, I asked specifically about skills and abilities. Like techniques, sigils, meditations, stances etc. etc.

Troopers are supposed to be one of the top combat oriented professions yet they have no skills to enhance their abilities. Other professions do, and have had them for quite some time.

Last edited by Tugor on Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

Also, I've never really jumped on that bandwagon. However, I do think I have a valid point in noting that Troopers do indeed have no abilties/skills at all like other combat oriented professions.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Brenton wrote:
I think the real question on everyone's mind is, when do medics get deathrays?

I'm working on it. Cool

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Troopers » Any new skills/abilities coming up for Troopers?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: