FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
yeah i screwed up, but there's a suggestion in it!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » yeah i screwed up, but there's a suggestion in it!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: yeah i screwed up, but there's a suggestion in it!

since i'm now part of the "no really I swear I must have just forgot to pause my script" club, i can say it definitely sucks more to be high level and get your -15k exp penalty than if you're a newbie.

right now, it'll take me 125 hours to recover exp. a newbie would take a little under 17 hours. heck, even ignoring newbies, the average amount of setback for the average player (ie: the 10 exp drain ones) is only 50 hours. i dread what happens if someone gets a penalty at 100, because that's 250 hours of setback.

since it gets harder and harder to gain exp as you gain levels, the penalty gets more and more severe, and i don't think that was really intended.

it would be nice if the penalty is reassessed in terms of how far it sets you back. maybe make it a sliding scale that goes by absorbtion after the penalty is applied so everyone is set back 50 hours in terms of how much they would drain.

so a level 1 guy would lose 45k exp, the 10 exp draining stretch people lose 15k, and the level 100 people would lose 3k.

that way, everyone is punished for 50 hours (or whatever hours you decide) worth of drain time, as opposed to the way it is right now where the punishment for even the first afk penalty is amazingly severe for someone who has been around longer.

being pushed back a full week of exp drain just encourages me to fill my pool and forget about it even moreso, and while i don't think you should cater to people who screw up (ie: me), i don't think people who made their first mistake should be so severely discouraged from actually being active in the game at all.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject:

and, uh, while i hate to possibly screw myself over even moreso, i do find it slightly unfair that the exp penalty is also sliding on how really severe it can be.

today i was already at -5, so it isn't a big deal. that, and the xp penalty ticker is going to reset in a little over a day.

if i screwed up tomorrow after the ticker reset, i'd be at -5 for the whole month, which is a lot more notable since i wasn't even at -5 to begin in the first place.

that gives a 37.5k exp difference in punishment between the first case and second case, as well.

i also just want to point out that i'm not against afk scripting punishments and i did screw up here so it makes sense for me to get one, but i also don't think that makes me amazingly biased in how the punishment system is set up because it isn't like i intend to get one anytime soon again. Razz
zamde
Maestro

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject:

<repeated suggestion for experience grant for 100+ level players in new skill/experience system>

Dixie Pierce says, "I heard Zamde can't have kids cause she lactates poison."

[Telepathy] Yaru Dex projects: I thought Zamde doesn't have kids because her womb is full of aisobs.

You can't spell "slaughter" without 'laughter'.

Llanfair Anti-Cyber Brigade Member #0000
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject:

The penalty doesn't get more severe. Well... assuming that the lower level player eventually turns into a higher level player instead of getting bored/frustrated and quitting.

Still, my proposed "solution":

Code:
1. Wait until Yaru is 1 exp from 100.
2. Insert new exp system so that (percentagewise) there is a smaller difference between drain rates per level.
3. Everyone is happy.

** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
The penalty doesn't get more severe. Well... assuming that the lower level player eventually turns into a higher level player instead of getting bored/frustrated and quitting.

it gets more severe as the player gains levels because the exp drain rate is much slower at higher levels.
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Not that I don't believe this was an accident and likely a one time thing for your Yaru. However, that being said, older players should know better. Nuff said. I also don't think the tracker is advanced due to a warning, but I could be wrong on that.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I just tested it on my test guy and it definitely does NOT advance the tracker.

You have gained experience for 0 hours since the last tracker reset. You have no experience penalty. The next reset will occur in 11 hours, 58 minutes, and 39 seconds.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject:

HR-Faith wrote:
I just tested it on my test guy and it definitely does NOT advance the tracker.

well my tracker was set at 605 or so, so i didn't know if that was natural or advanced.

could NEWS 17 be fixed, then?

Code:
First Warning: Deduction of 15,000 experience points.
Experience Penalty Tracker increased by 50 hours.

Second Warning: Deduction of 60,000 experience points.
Experience Penalty Tracker increased by 100 hours.

Third Warning: Deduction of 120,000 experience points.
Experience Penalty Tracker increased by 250 hours.

Fourth Warning: Deduction of 180,000 experience points.
Experience Penalty Tracker increased by 250 hours.

Fifth+ Warning: Deduction of 300,000 experience points. Experience drain rate
permanently reduced to 50% for all future/existing characters on the account.

Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:41 am    Post subject:

No, in the long run it really doesn't matter whether you get caught scripting at a low or high level.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » yeah i screwed up, but there's a suggestion in it!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: