FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
First Annual Beach Ball
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » First Annual Beach Ball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: First Annual Beach Ball

Well, we've decided!

The First Annual Chodaku Beach Ball will occur on Friday May 20th at 9 ET. It will be held at the Aroai Resort in the Beachside Suite. There will be transportation provided, so don't worry!

Contests will consist of these things. We'll narrow it down later. This is the sort of thing you should prepare for though.

1. Swimsuit contest. There was confusion with the PJ contest last time. YOU NEED TO STRUT YOUR STUFF. We don't give out prizes to people that just show up in altered or storebought stuff. Do a little runway show (ACT is your friend!) It can be short. Very short. Two lines is good.

2. Cookout. You bring the ingredients and put them together in an interesting meal! Yes, this can be an ACT. If you don't kill the judges, you could win a prize!

3. Drowning Contest. This is a lot like chicken. We see how long you can stay in the pool underwater before you chicken out...or die.

4. Treasure Hunt! Stuff will be hidden. You find it, you keep it. Nice deal.

5. Charades. Just like with Hannah. Fun fun!

6. And Beach Trivia. Brush up on your knowledge of Chodaku, fish, sealife, and Mickey-isms!

You MUST come in a bathing-suit or beach attire. No nudity. We don't wanna see your pale pastey behind! Swimsuit contests will be sexiest male and female and funniest male and female!

Prizes include rares, fest items, hundreds of thousands of dollars and VOUCHERS!

More information to follow.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Update!

These flyers are hanging around:

~*~ The First Annual Chodaku Beach Ball ~*~

Come one and all to the Blue Aroai Resort!
Dress in beachwear and swimsuits and be ready to party!

There will be contests, prizes (which include cash and vouchers), great food, and gifts for everyone that attends!

((The Party Starts on May 20th at 9ET!))

*** Contests ***
Swimsuit Competition:
There are four catagories. Sexiest Male and Female and Funniest Male and Female. Competetors will be required to show off for half a minute. If you don't want to show off, be prepared to talk about why you're wearing your outfit!
At the PJ Party, there was some confusion. I'd rather give prizes to people that work for it! You don't need to be wearing anything other then something store bought to win! It's all in presentation!

Cookout:
Bring along ingredients and set yourself up infront of our roaring bonfire to prepare a kick ass meal for our judges! ((You don't need to bring the ingredients, but you will need to tell the judges what's in your 'dish,' how it's prepared, and how it will taste)). This is a beach party, so try to think of fun twists on beach cuisine!))

Treasure Hunt:
With your official Beach Ball Bag, set out across Chodaku to collect as many items as you can! This will be a team ompetition! The team that gets back the quickest wins! Just remember, the more people in your group means that you'll have to split the prize into smaller amounts!
There will be a set list of twenty or so items.

Beach Charades:
We'll break up into several teams for some crazy ACTing fun! This will be similiar to Hannah's Pictionary game that was just so much fun! If you plan to participate, take a look around Chodaku at the people and the creatures.

Trivia:
Who doesn't love Trivia? If you get a question right, you get a cool prize! One right guess per person per round.

Song Contest:
Know a sea shanty? A song about the beach? A little ocean ditty? We want to hear it! Come *prepared* to sing. We judge on content, not on voice quality.

*** Other Information ***
There will be transportation provided if you can't get to the resort. Come dressed for the beach! The floor of the suite is covered in sand, so barefeet or sandals are recommended. NO NUDITY! See Kit or Aerumna for details.

I HIGHLY suggest you spend some time wandering around Chodaku if you expect to do well in the trivia or the treasure hunt. Some of the items are impossible to find. I know that when I was collected them I stumbled on areas I've never been in! So explore!

Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Just to be perfectly clear, the song contest is open to any songs relating to the beach, ocean, sailor/pirate-life? And maybe even port taverns (aka brothels)? I don't want to spend time composing a song only to find out that it's completely off-base.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Just to be perfectly clear, the song contest is open to any songs relating to the beach, ocean, sailor/pirate-life? And maybe even port taverns (aka brothels)? I don't want to spend time composing a song only to find out that it's completely off-base.

--William

Yes, it has to have a beach-ish, sea-ish theme. Pirates and sailors are fine. Just so long as it's IC...and has to do with Haelrahv and sand and water. So long as you don't sing a song about pink elephants on steriods that had a penchant for singing in Chinese, you should be okay.

Example topics (aside from the ones you gave): camping on the beach, sea creatures, fishing, cookouts, sand in sensitive areas, sandcastles, etc)

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:

How's about some beach death? Emo to teh max.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
How's about some beach death? Emo to teh max.

--William

Sure. But to give a hint, since I'll be a judge...I like amusing more than sad. Sad but amusingly so would would work too.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:04 am    Post subject: Participation

I'd like to know who plans to do what contest so I can plan out a time frame for things. And so, in case there's no interest in a contest, I can slip another contest in instead. Also, if there's a bigger turn out for a contest, I want to have more prizes available.

So, I'd like to know who plans on doing these contests:

1. Song Contest. I know Aco will be doing it.
2. Charades (Teams will be by drawing. Number of teams to be determined by how many people want to do this).
3. Cookout. (remember, this is a strictly RP event...pretend you have the items. It's all just text anyhow).

Also, you can enter AS MANY CONTESTS AS YOU WANT! I know people were confused about this. However, you can only win one first place prize to make it fair for everyone. I'll be posting guidelines very very soon.

Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject:

I am going to enter every single contest, even if I suck at it!
I've already written my song!

Oh and thanks for making some of the contests more about creativity than skill/available funds!
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 6:06 pm    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
I am going to enter every single contest, even if I suck at it!
I've already written my song!

Oh and thanks for making some of the contests more about creativity than skill/available funds!

I don't like skill contests actually. ^.^ I'd rather deal with creativity any day.

Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Update!

Remember that we're only about a week away! As promised, here's my guidelines for the contests to explain them more.

1. Swimsuit competition:
From the looks of it, there's way more women then men that are going to enter this contest. If that's the case, then there will two catagories. Funniest and sexiest, non-gender specific. You ALL get to vote on who wins which, really, is the fairest way. I'll be taking whispers because I've spent enough money and don't want to buy pens and paper for everyone to use!
For the contest itself, you must PERFORM a little show. Either you have to talk about why you're wearing your costume and why you should win, OR you have to do a little catwalk strut. You know the drill. The ACT verb is your friend!!!!!
Please please please prepare ahead of time!!!!
The winner of each catagory will get a voucher from Rosie. You'll be able to create/alter any item you want with a custom TAP and LOOK only. If there are a lot of people, there will be some second and possibly third place prizes.

2. Cookout:
This has been the contest that has gotten me the most questions. The cookout will go like this.
Again, ACT is your friend. You will pretend to prepare a dish for the judges. You must explain, either in words or in gestures, what items you are using and how you prepare the dish. You can get up to 5 points in orginality of ingredients and in preperation. Secondly, you must present the food to the judges. How it looks on the plate is another 5 points. Finally, the taste is important enough to be worth 5 points too. Be CREATIVE.
And example is this:

Kit Murphy pulls a soggy hotdog bun out of his pocket. Gross!
Kit Murphy chucks what looks to be an argabu hotdog into the fire. Looks like it could be a finger though!
Kit Murphy waits a bit a pulls a charred piece of what could be meat from the fire, plops it in the hotdog bun, and then adds seaweed to it.
Kit Murphy hands out a sample to all the judges. The 'hotdog' tastes like charcoal, but it was a good effort!

Variations are recommended. Again, since I'll be one of the judges and I like creativity, your best bet is to be as creative as possible!
First place will be a Rosie voucher. You'll be able to create/alter any item you want with a custom TAP and LOOK only. If there are a lot of people, there will be some second and possibly third place prizes.

3. Treasure Hunt:
Thanks to some women who will remain nameless -- like Haidee and Inaira -- I've changed the rules a bit to the treasure hunt! Beau will kindly be locking the vaults and all participants will be on the honor system not to use any items they already possess in the hunt. I'll be counting on all of you to be good about this! If I suspect someone used something they had on them before I give out the lists, you'll be inelligable to win and I'll be sad.
This will be a team event. I WILL PICK THE TEAMS! This is to keep things fair so that the older people and younger people will all have a fairly equal chance at winning first place. I will try to be as fair as I possibly can on teaming people up!
There will not be a voucher for first place in this contest because you'll be working in teams and that could get ugly. Expect some pretty sweet prizes and cash though!

4. Beach Charades:
Again, I'll be picking teams for this battle! Based on the number of people involved, there will either be two or three groups of people. After we break up into teams, I'll whisper to one member of a team to ACT out a person or object. Your team has two minutes to guess. If your team fails to guess, the other teams have ONE GUESS. Point goes to the team that guesses correctly.
This is another trust based game. You can NOT whisper or use AIM to alert team members as to what the person/thing/object is that you are acting out! I will be very angry and smack you if I find out that you did. And your team will automatically lose.
No vouchers for this event either, but everyone will get some pretty wicked prizes!

5. Trivia:
Rummie's in charge of the Trivia this time around and she's been doing her research! Get on your thinking caps for this one! You can only win one prize in this game to make it fair for EVERYONE! Older people...if it's a really easy question, please let the younger people answer! I want this to be fun for everyone that plays! Again, no vouchers. But there will be some pretty sizeable cash envelopes and rare, hard to find, prizes!

6. Song Contest:
This contest seems to have the most people interested, so there will be a few places (probably up to third). You MUST HAVE PREPARED YOUR SONG AHEAD OF TIME! And practice singing it to get the timing right. Inserting a semi-colon ; at the end of your line makes you start a new line!
This contest is about content. Funny, sad, amusing, it must follow these guidelines:
a. It must be ORIGINAL AND ABOUT HAELRAHV! If I hear Beach Boys, I'm feeding you to Mickey.
b. It must be about the ocean, sea, beach, fish, cookouts, sandcastles, etc.

7. Mystery Contest
Depending on how we're doing on time, there will be at LEAST one mystery contest whose prize will be a voucher! You'll have to come to the party to find out!

Back to top »
maddie

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject:

For the song contest, pirates are an acceptable subject, right? I mean, just look at all the pirate-y stuff on Chodaku.
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject:

maddie wrote:
For the song contest, pirates are an acceptable subject, right? I mean, just look at all the pirate-y stuff on Chodaku.

I already answered yes to that when Aco asked.

Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

Haha... yeah... I'm totally named Aco now.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Haha... yeah... I'm totally named Aco now.

--William

I can't remember how to spell the full name of your performer.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Aco and Eco.

bwah ha ha
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » First Annual Beach Ball
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: