FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat Update Outline.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Update Outline.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Still working fine for me too at level will be hunting overhead soon as i ditch this encumberence, will get back with you with the results Smile
Quote:

And this, my children, is what happens when you train religiously from an old news article on combat stats, to the exclusion of all other stats.

always wanted to be a child of cthulu <3
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject:

honestly, i have 110 mental so it isn't like i'm suffering from all this.

i'm just wondering what perception does outside of crafting things/fnding people in hiding now. Wink
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject:

--> Foraging.

+1 for the list.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
With all these changes in the working, would you guys be generous enough to give us a list of what all the stats are going to help with once the changes are complete?

I know you like us to figure out some things on our own, but when it comes to training ... I'd rather not be walking with a blindfold.

When it comes to core combat, we've always been forthright about training. Here's the plan, and it doesn't include every use for the stats, but the most prominent ones:

Stats:

Agility: Evasion (primary), balance, stealth Remember, some attacks can only be evaded and others only evaded or shield blocked.

Charisma: Essence pool, focus pool, regen. Effectiveness modifier for future fear-type attacks (for attackers, not defenders).

Coordination: Parry & Shield (primary), To-Hit with melee (primary), To-Hit with secondary (ranged), THBP.

Intellect: Sometimes tied in with tactics related systems/rolls, magic resist. Focus pool, regen.

Mentality: Evasion & Parry (secondary), To-Hit with ranged (primary), To-Hit with melee (secondary), mental resist, stealth. Focus pool, regen.

Perception: Finding hiders, damage modifier for fired weapons, enhances loot found post-kill.

Strength: Shield (secondary), damage modifier for thrown/melee, encumbrance, might be tied into health/stamina (secondary) - undecided.

Vitality: Overall health and stamina points (primary) and regen, encumbrance (secondary), natural wound healing, poison resistance.

Skills: (I'll skip the obvious attack/defense/armor skills)

Acrobatics: Affects chance to "roll to your feet" after a knockdown, which if successful not only negates a knockdown, but can help you -gain- balance.

Athletics: Tied into some aspects of the engagement system.

Intimidation: Will be tied into effectiveness of fear style attacks in the future for attackers.

Persuasion: Will be tied into some influence type abilities/spells/powers in the future.

Streetwise: Finding hiders in urban areas.

Tactics: Tied heavily into the engagement system (ES). Primarily, it affects how seriously being engaged to multiple opponents at one time hinders your combat ability. Also modifies chance to score critical strikes.

Tracking: Finding hiders in rural areas.

Quote:
-I use fast kills of lesser critters to help protect newbies. I never seach the kills cause I figure if I do it it wont have anything.

Unfortunately, we really have no choice but to tag the item as your kill and lower loot accordingly even if a younger player searches it, to avoid abuse of the mechanics.

Quote:
-I have bugged it a couple times but with my typin skills they aint no tellin what I actualy said in my bug (coughs) My defensive shields, magma static, corr armor, glacial.... I cast them and you can see them on me, but the critters knock me snotless over and over and take no damage, Jade and I tested it in arackus last night to be sure I wasnt mistaken. An arack beat me until the shields fell and it didnt have a mark on it. I never moved, just to make sure. I think the shields stopped working when they became visible. And it doesnt seem to matter if its an asapi or a beetle or a chith. If thats any help.

I will be looking into a solution here, but what's going on is that you have to be close enough to them, which is fine and well, except many creatures don't support/use the engagement system yet. I will fix this one way or another.

Quote:
Is perception going to play much of a roll (any of a roll?) with the fighting part of combat any more? I know it helps with drops and stuff, but will it impact anything else?

If you use fired weapons you're definitely going to want to give perception training some consideration, as it augments your damage rolls in future updates as well as the existing setup.

What I hope everyone does most here is trains a variety of stats. Stockpiling points in a small range of stats instead of spreading out can work out well in some cases, but it's a dangerous choice and can easily turn on you. Every stat will be increasingly important, there's really nothing you can safely neglect completely, so you're going to have to decide in what shades to favor/neglect each.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I have only read through quickly (PC problems with virus last 2 days), but I have to applaud you Trevor.

You have listened and given feedback. Reguardless of how the changes turn out for myself, I want to thank you for giving a shit so much.

Great job!
 Back to top »
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Well i capped out at guards so far, seems the stuff off the es system are harder to hit then the ones on it.Will have to try something harder then the guards sometime when i can get out to echak.

Nowbi beware!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You have listened and given feedback. Reguardless of how the changes turn out for myself, I want to thank you for giving a shit so much.

Great job!

Thanks. I realize I make controversial decisions and statements sometimes (often, even), but I do hope that most of the playerbase feels I do so in the best interests of the game and its players. Very little of what I do is tied to my own agenda, and that applies to the actions of my fantastic staff as well.

Back to top »
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Thanks. I realize I make controversial decisions and statements sometimes (often, even), but I do hope that most of the playerbase feels I do so in the best interests of the game and its players. Very little of what I do is tied to my own agenda, and that applies to the actions of my fantastic staff as well.

Well one thing's for sure, you didn't carry over anything from simultronics that was negative! (read:you care about the playerbase's opinion)
Sometimes your changes are drastic yes (going through one right now)
BUT, we know ya got the best of interrests in mind.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject:

[quote="Warner"]
Quote:

Changes SEEM drastic at first, only because we're use to something else. I'm getting use to the changes in place all ready and can definately understand. I do appreciate that you state your motivation behind changes. It makes me feel better seeing how well though-out changes in the game are. In a few weeks, no one will even remember that things had been any different, even if they complain now. Like how I do. ^.^

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject:

>fire second work head
Taking advantage of an opening, you fire a Rtuzma heavy pulse gun at an eobais worker. With finesse, you land a serious hit to her head as an eobais worker fails to dodge the attack.
Taking a chance, you fire a Rtuzma heavy pulse gun at an eobais worker. Despite your best efforts, she dodges the attack with relative ease.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.

Minimal encumberence, and no armor hinderence.
Workers are level 6,Vyrath is level 27.
Just wondering if that was a fumble or if somethin's up.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject:

Warner wrote:
>fire second work head
Taking advantage of an opening, you fire a Rtuzma heavy pulse gun at an eobais worker. With finesse, you land a serious hit to her head as an eobais worker fails to dodge the attack.
Taking a chance, you fire a Rtuzma heavy pulse gun at an eobais worker. Despite your best efforts, she dodges the attack with relative ease.
[You are fairly well balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Roundtime: 2 sec.

that would happen even before the changes. remember that update with the "anyone can now be hit by anything to a slight degree, and anyone can technically miss anyone, as well" thing?
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
that would happen even before the changes. remember that update with the "anyone can now be hit by anything to a slight degree, and anyone can technically miss anyone, as well" thing?

Heh, no actually i didn't remember it.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject:

Warner wrote:
Quote:

Heh, no actually i didn't remember it.

well, uh, surprise! Wink

bad misses just happen time to time. you'll appreciate it more when it saves your butt, heh.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Fumble. Theoretically anything can hit you if you fumble. Theoretically you can hit anything if it fumbles (yes creatures fumble too).

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Update Outline.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: