FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Combat Updates, Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Updates, Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject:

has accuracy with thbp been downtweaked? i seem to be still making a decent amount of shots, just not where im firing at.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject:

Warner wrote:
has accuracy with thbp been downtweaked? i seem to be still making a decent amount of shots, just not where im firing at.

I DEFINATELY noticed a drop in accuracy. I very rarely hit the head anymore. Or the legs. I rely on being able to take out legs on things that advance on me.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject:

Well i thought i wasnt going crazy...i seem to be hitting every single non-vital spot on kamohakun's anatomy.
Going back to creatures that stun.
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject:

I'm going to be monitoring THBP for the next week or so.

Right now I'd say it's definitely lower than intended.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
epol
Self-Proclaimed Crown Jewel

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I've also noticed a drop in THBP with unarmed. I would think control of unarmed moves would be easier to land on a specific body part than when wielding a weapon. Unarmed is the lightest and most fluid method of combat.

I never used THBP before the changes. Since the changes, I've concentrated on finding what are the most efficient (speed and fatigue) methods of killing for unarmed combat. Obviously, targetting body parts is important now.

Fatigue has been my biggest problem now. Forced to move out of the Fen because treasure and experience have declined, Grags just wear me down fast. Just not enough stat points to train all the things you need to be effective in all the different hunting areas you now have to move to. I realize that these are the tradeoffs a player must make, but it feels hard to find an optimal combination of stats, especially when you must move hunting areas fairly often now and the creature skills are much different. This will probably improve as the expanded creatures are introduced, I imagine.

A little relief on some things, such as fatigue, hit rate, etc. might help until a richer creature set is created. Then there might be choices of 2-3 creatures at a give level that one could hunt and we can figure out which is the best based on our stats and skills.
 Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Yea Tshar was having trouble hitting specific areas even when the mob was on the ground and stunned at melee.
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Although I know nothing about the combat system code wise, I'd like to thank all of you who are providing feedback in a positive manner. Over the last page or two, I haven't seen any complaining or whining about the changes. I'd like to say that I think it's great that you're all being patient while we make adjustments and bring things into alignment. You all deserve a pat on the back and keep the information coming!

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject:

The adjustments to THBP are a work in progress, as Marduk noted. I personally have taken a hiatus from combat work until more questionnaire responses come in, so I have a better idea of what direction I should take things in.

There's been good response on the questionnaire so far, but I'd like to see more so that I feel we have a truly representative poll. Please encourage your friends to do the questionnaire.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Nelle
Ooh Nuuurse..

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject:

For me right now, the odds of hitting the specific body part is 50/50, which to me is perfectly acceptable odds.
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm going to be monitoring THBP for the next week or so.

Right now I'd say it's definitely lower than intended.

tweakage?
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:40 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been able to hunt since the THBP rates have been changed, due to tremendous local lag, but I was curious if the rates are modified for stats/skills/levels of the character vs. the creature's. Certainly someone able to land a purposeful hit to a kucho's head would be more than qualified to do the same to an asapi.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Warner
Sneaky Locksmithiness

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject:

You begin peer at an eosheai through a shiny chrome sniper scope on a brilliant white advanced Rtuzma heavy pulse rifle.
Roundtime: 4 sec.
You feel fully rested.
>
An asapi flaps in, squawking loudly.
>
You feel your shot is ready.
fire eosh head
You emerge from your hiding place!
Taking a chance on a tricky shot, you fire a brilliant white advanced Rtuzma heavy pulse rifle at an eosheai. Mercilessly, you land a strong hit to his right fore foot as an eosheai fails to dodge the attack.
[You are balanced, healthy, and well rested.]
Roundtime: 1 sec.
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
I haven't been able to hunt since the THBP rates have been changed, due to tremendous local lag, but I was curious if the rates are modified for stats/skills/levels of the character vs. the creature's. Certainly someone able to land a purposeful hit to a kucho's head would be more than qualified to do the same to an asapi.

--William

Yes.

Quote:

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: more player-side stuff

Plan:

i ran around about an hour and a half ago to get an experience of combat since the thbp changes. here is some of what i found, using jades characteristics and available items. since stilldawn has checked stealth attacks, and epolon unarmed, i went for fired weapon (pulse) and melee weapon (bladed), to add to the available feedback. this test was by no means controlled for certain factours, but i tried a variety of ranges and 'amounts-of-aim'.

Info:

Person testing: jade

Coord 95 (113) "Superb"
Perc 100 (101) "Outstanding"
Str 62 (72) "Good"
Ment 8 (9) "Horrible"
Pulse 192 (198) "Professional"
Bladed 192 "Professional"

Creature tested against: eosheai, asapi

Body part targetted: abdomen

Results:

By fired weapon (pulse lance, remarkable quality, based on splattergun):

at missile range, without aiming, the results were highly inaccurate. in fact, at missile range, i hit just about every area BUT what i was aiming at (abdomen).

** look eo

An eosheai has a slightly scuffed head, a slightly scuffed left eye, a slightly scuffed right eye, a slightly scuffed neck, a slightly scuffed chest, a slightly scuffed left fore leg, a slightly scuffed right fore leg, a slightly scuffed left fore foot, a slightly scuffed right fore foot, a slightly scuffed left hind leg, a slightly scuffed right hind leg, a slightly scuffed left hind foot, and a slightly scuffed right hind foot. **

without aiming, melee range: i did not predictably hit the area i targetted, even close-in to the creature.

at partial aim, melee range: slightly more accurate than not aiming at missile. two out of five times, hit the targetted area.

at full aim, melee range: slightly more accurate than partial aim. three out of five times, hit the targetted area.

By heavy (slow, more powerful) melee weapon (bloodletter, remarkable quality or better):

i found that my targetted attacks to the abdomen with heavy, difficult-to-wield swords were on the whole more likely to hit what i was targetting. i assume this is the beneficial tradeoff for using something which takes longer to attack by (thus putting me at a defencive disadvantage). i tried a variety of moves, incl doubleslash, thrust and impale.

By light (fast, less-powerful) melee weapons (paired dnuhze [remarkable quality] and gutting knife [average quality]):

i tried using a variety of moves. doubleslash was rather accurate, three out of four hits landed on the targetted body part. thrust, one out of two. impale, both hits landed on the targetted body part. until i tried this, i had assumed accuracy was more likely to be the case with heavier weapons. but it appears lighter melee weapons are also very accurate.

Assessment:

the thbp results are just about in accordance with what i had imagined from the start: full aim, melee range, coupled with high perception and coordination, result in fairly consistent and predictable accuracy in hitting the body part targetted, regardless of weapon used (i.e., it held for fired and melee weapons). furthermore, even within the field of melee weapons, there was not a noticeable difference in thbp between heavy and light weapons. my strength is medium-range, but because my coordination and perception are very high, i could still hit accurately. with fired weapons -- the penalty for not aiming was very noticeable, even at melee range. because my perception and coordination are very high (though not max), and mentality low, this lends support to the results.

Feeling:

personally, i am well with combat accuracy as it stands. my goal is to bring up other pertinent stats, such as mentality and strength, as well as increase my weapons skills.
i intend to try this same sort of method out with higher-level creatures later.
You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject:

I've just readjusted some of the modifiers for ranged weapons, which should work out a bit more nicely for single-shot weapons.

Quote:

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Combat Updates, Feedback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 19 of 31

Jump to: