FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Unique Item Suggestions
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Unique Item Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject: Unique Item Suggestions

Enverdi suggested it in another thread that we open up a thread for raffle item suggestions. So that Trevor didn't have to stress over awesome items all by himself. I thought I'd expand on that so we can give out unique item ideas in general... ultra-rare, raffle, quest, whatever. Suggest it here.

I don't have any ideas myself at the moment. Maybe later. But you guys go ahead and post away.

--William

PS: You know you want this to be a stickied topic.

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject:

Way to have initiative *and* plug my name at the same time!

Based off Final Fantasy X-2 and with Performers in mind, I think it'd be neat to have a Microphone Wand. Something that can stun critters *and* be used as a blunt weapon!

turn wand on
You flip a switch on your microphone wand. It hums in anticipation.

yell wand
You scream into your microphone wand, sending out waves of amplified sound.
A borkin settler is stunned!
A borkin settler falls over!

Of course if the wand is ON when you bash with it, the resulting microphone screech (you know the sound) would cause personal stun time.
tanisloray
PSYCHOTIC LIGHT!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject:

I think a backpack of refining would be really neat and extremely unique. You can put all sorts of stuff in there, and it will refine your items for you.

But the bad thing, is simply that it would weigh a ton, i mean, it refining everything in your backpack. It would have a large capacity so it wouldn't be useless, but no matter how strong you were, it would severely encumber you.

Also, another thing so it it's not so über exciting, is that it would take quite a while to actually refine items, forcing the person to actually fill it up. Not too long, to defeat the purpose of it, but long enough to make it wantable, but the player needing to refine their items. I don't know if they'd do that with roundtime, or what, but it could just be like 50 sec intervals of roundtime for awhile. I'm not sure.

You wouldn't gain any exp from it of course.

But it would be a nifty item I think.

*grins*

Hannah Channing suddenly appears from thin air!
>
Hannah Channing swings her boobs at you and hits you on the crotch sending feathers flying everywhere!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject:

I'll just go ahead and semi-gank this idea from BG, but how about ...

A bag of holding - Holds fifty pounds, but makes everything that weighs more than a pound, weigh a pound ... Thus making it hold around 50+ items depending on what all you put in it.

And ...

A bag of destroying - Portable trashcan. Only makes everything go poof once you close it, though. I think this would help cut back on all the random crap left on the ground. Because I don't like discarding boxes, so I usually leave them laying around.

?

Just random thoughts.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:50 am    Post subject:

a bag of holding would be cool, but i'm not sure what the other bag really offers other than an amusing trick. isn't it just a glorified discard verb?
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject:

Hunter has been wearing a bag that destroys items for almost as long as he has been staff. He'd probably say he enjoys it quite a bit, even despite having the power to destroy things immediately. Wink

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject:

I think it'd be useful for a mass discard. Like if you had the strength to carry around the junk boxes you find, you can just stuff them into your "bag of destroying" and close it after your hunting trip. Saves a lot of typing time.

I say we mass produce Hunter's version. Hoorah.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Daedalus
Local Pimp

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject:

How about items that don't help with skills and stats? Just stuff to toy with.

Example,

Lets say Yaru is hunting and finds a box. Inside the box he finds a toy bag and inside that is a remote, and a remote control space ship. It could fly, fling flaming marshmallows, darts, or whatever. Sure, this item wouldn't help him shoot better, but it would give him a good item to help with roleplaying ... and annoying people.

Get where I'm going with this?

I love finding items, but I hate finding items with useless bonuses. General items of interest for us to play with would be nice.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject:

i'd love more goofy items in the system. maybe add an infinite bag of pop tarts or something.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
i'd love more goofy items in the system. maybe add an infinite bag of pop tarts or something.

blue fuzzy scarf Cool

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Suggestions and Ideas » Unique Item Suggestions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: