FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Cultural Change Part 2: Concerning Humans and Holidays
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Cultural Change Part 2: Concerning Humans and Holidays
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Cultural Change Part 2: Concerning Humans and Holidays

In the long history of human borrowings, I think it is fair to say that Earth Human holidays have transversed the blackness of space in some part and form. As Morrigan informed us last night, many humans follow a conglomerate religion of modern Judeo-Christian traditions with other influences as well. Therefore, it would not be a stretch to say that humans have a 'God-death' holiday, a 'God-birth' holiday, a 'God-conception' holiday and a 'God-rebirth' holiday just as Judeo-Christians and 'Pagans' do. Of course, with the heavy influence of three other religious world views, it is fair to say that human religious/commercial holidays have been influenced a great deal.

From city to city there would be differing versions of holidays, though to keep it simple for game play point of view, only frivolous culture difference would be noted. On top of standard semi-religious turned commercial holidays, humans have a thing for making war memorial holidays. The battle with the Darju touched upon in Gabrielle's lecture is the perfect basis for a holiday.

These five standard holidays could also be spattered with religional holidays observed in certain city states with large human populations.

The five standard holidays (the war and the four seasons) should also tie in with the human timeline. For instance, and I'm making this up without research, the landing of humans on Haelrahv has been melded into the Christian 'Easter' holiday. The fertility rituals mesh with the landing and populating of Haelrahv with humans. And the bunny has been replaced with a gamogab. Aww. And...because the humans supposedly landed in a patch of clover, the symbol for this new spring holiday is clover wreaths. This in turn fuels the human courting practice of giving a person you want to date a clover wreath.

See? Look how fun constructing Human Haelrahvian holidays that are built up from the holidays we're familiar with are!

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Human Discussions » Cultural Change Part 2: Concerning Humans and Holidays
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: