FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Fun with things that bubble.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Fun with things that bubble.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Fun with things that bubble.

Hmm. That title is sort of scary. Anyway...

If one were to closely examine the alchemy list, one may notice that the 33rd 34th potions are identical in function now, because of the changes that turned mana/psi into focus.

As I ponder this dilemma and what to do about it, I had an insight of brilliance. Let's let our future players screw up the decision instead of me, so I can't be blamed muahaha. Er, um, I mean let's let them choose something! Yeah, that's it.

So, post your ideas for the 34th potion! This is a very high level potion, requiring 190 skill, so it should be a big deal, however let me outline what I'm looking for when I decide what to use:

- Must be fitting for a super high level potion.

- Must not be overly powerful, however, so as to make alchemy uber-l33t.

- Must not duplicate something already on the alchemy list.

- Preferably will not duplicate an existing spell/psionic/spellsong/etc.

- Must not include any reference to rabbits.

So, let those ideas fly!

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Oh Oh I know! If drunk the potion will turn the person into a giant fluffy rabb...erm...wait....

nevermind...
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject:

I'm assuming that you are talking about Archmage's and Mentalists Draughts are the duplicates now?

Just curious, does this mean that Iron Will and Dispelling Infusions would be considered the same?

Only ones I can think up for replacements is more fun oriented or perhaps dye oriented.

Fun ones: are the love potions that make you fall in love with someone (ala DR), I thought those were hysterical!

More serious types: Perhaps a locating potion might fit in there. You have the person you want to locate rub the vial the potion is in, sort of a genie in a bottle sort of thing. Later on you would want to locate that person, so you break it, drink it, or throw it to the ground and it gives you a vision so you can locate that person.
Making poison from dissecting snakes or other venomous plants/animals of Haelrahv and mixing with catalyst etc. These poisons can be thrown or applied to a weapon. Perhaps some poisons are sleep oriented and some might have different levels of toxicity. Some creatures/perps (whatever you call them) have natural resistances to these poisons, so wouldn't be suitable for all.

Dye oriented: you have dye color {woad (blue), charcoal (black), or henna(red)} combined with a catalyst then mixed with oil. You can mix different base dye colors to make other colors. For example you have one part blue and one part black combine them together and it makes a midnight blue. Not sure if this is true, just using it as an example.

Just some ideas.

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject:

Iron Will and Dispelling are still both valid because magic and psionics are separate things with their own resistances. However, both draw off the same power source now, focus, so Archmage's Draught and Mentalist's Draught do the same thing. Archmage's Draught will be renamed and Mentalist's Draught removed.

And, thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming. Smile

Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject:

Since a had a really odd dream last night that involved Harry Potter stuff, I thought I'd suggest something here since it was on my mind.

For those that haven't read the books, there's a potion that enables someone to assume someone else's appearance for one hour called the Polyjuice Potion. If things allow perhaps that might work.

Although, I think that might be a higher level than even the Elixir of Rifts in theory. Instead of having it require odd steps like having someone rub the potion or to put a piece of someone else in it, make the appearance changes randomly pick someone else that is online (with the exception of staff) when it's taken and the person assumes their features. It might possibly even be a banned mixture. I thought I'd throw it out there anyhow.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject:

Quote:
(with the exception of staff)

Us Trevor groupies want to look like him, though. Sad

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Dragoonseal

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Tincture of Life
Description: Increases natural health regeneration.

I noticed this was the only healing potion. Does this refer to wounds also, or only one's vitality?

If its vitality only, then I noticed we're without any wound healing potions/tinctures, and I would very much so request a Regeneration potion, for all types of wounds.

I don't think that is fitting for a super high level potion though <g>, But I'll request it regardless. I'll think more on the super high level potion and see if I can think of anything..
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:48 am    Post subject:

All races have a small regeneration ability (wounds and vitaility) I would assume that since the potion increases regeneration, it would speed up this rate.

P.S. Chances of seeing additional healing potions/spells is probably slim...
Sainji

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Will the tincture of magic potion change too, since it's almost the same thing as mentalist's draught?

I like Dante's idea of disguise, but it doesn't have to be one of the races, it can mimic what it sees nearby. It could be animal, mineral or vegetable, animate or inanimate. Of course if they move around too much as an inanimate they become visible. Not sure if the inanimate part is viable.

Or how about Elixir of Shadows that can attack for you if you throw it at an attacker. If you throw it at yourself it hides you.

Regards,
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject:

The name of Tincture of Magic will probably change. It will increase focus regen rate, helping both psi and magic users. It's different than Alchemist's Draught in that the latter provides direct focus recovery after a pause, while the former just increases one's natural regen rate.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Alchemy & Poisons » Fun with things that bubble.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: