FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Fishing news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Fishing news
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
and, uh, i got my bait stolen like five times in a row now. should it happen that often?

There's nothing in this (and almost every other) system that says, "Okay this guy got four bad rolls in a row, let's give him a break.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Keep me informed on this if you would. What I'd like to know:

- Length of time you spent fishing.
- Amount of boxes acquired.
- Amount of fish acquired.
- Amount of snapped lines.

Rough figures anyway. Don't need to know how many times you lost bait.

Time: From 9 ET until 5ET, minus an hour for lunch and random 10-15 minute long breaks.
Boxes: None
Fish: 4 87 pound coolers filled
Snapped lines: That I noticed: around 5. I wasn't watching most of the time, honestly. I'll try again tommorrow.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I fished all day till around 5 pm and didnt find a single box

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject:

so 2 1/4 more hours of fishing with red worms:

4 snaps
27 fish of some kind or another
0 boxes

starting to use purple goshu bugs now (45 minutes):

0 snaps
5 fish
0 boxes

edit: and yeah, i keep updating this post every 15 minutes. i don't want a add a whole other data sheet on this computer, heh.

imma go light jaddan skeletons on fire, heh. i might get a box or two to play with that way!
TheTrackerChick
Babe of Doom

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:33 pm    Post subject:

6 hours fishing this morning.

One character -

43 fishies
10 snapped lines
2 chests

0 pages from treasure

second character -

37 fishies
10 snapped lines
2 chests

1 dark page (psionic) from treasure

*sings* and a partridge in a pear treeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject:

FYI, I changed the rules for the number of items in boxes. Previously boxes contained 2-4 items. Because there are some pretty nice items in this system, I've toned that down to normally 1-2. However, I added in chances to get more items as follows:

1-2 items: normal
2-4 items: fairly common
3-6 items: uncommon
4-8 items: rare

Due to the complex math, that's the best approximation I can give of how this mechanic is set up without going into detailed numbers.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject:

It seems to me people are finding nice items in sea chests way too often. I'll be lucky if Tshar finds a rare item hunting Kucho's in a week and that will be a +1 Nautical ring. Are sea chests just like critter boxes in the fact that there can still be junk in them? Like limbs and rusted items etc. . .
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
It seems to me people are finding nice items in sea chests way too often. I'll be lucky if Tshar finds a rare item hunting Kucho's in a week and that will be a +1 Nautical ring. Are sea chests just like critter boxes in the fact that there can still be junk in them? Like limbs and rusted items etc. . .

heh, part of me's jealous of what can be found in boxes, but yeah, there's also a lot of trash in them as well.

question: are there any ultra-rares in the boxes? or can everything found in them be found again?
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:38 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
heh, part of me's jealous of what can be found in boxes, but yeah, there's also a lot of trash in them as well.

Heh yea I feel the same way. Tshar busts his ass in Kuchos, risking death and even dying occasionally and it seems to be more rewarding to fish for boxes, without the risk.

I know I know, I suggested for other ways to find items aside from hunting. . .'be careful what you wish for eh?' hehe.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:49 am    Post subject:

i'd love to be able to go on dig sites for these things! heck, i'm all for more dig site stuff just based on the fact that i've pumped a nice chunk of skill points into it.

here's hoping that when i hit 120 repair, i can restore things! three more levels to go, whooo! Smile
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject:

here's my data sheet for the day. erm, morning. whatever.

Code:
timeframe: 4:15am - 7:15am EST
3 snaps
18 fish
1 chest

HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It seems to me people are finding nice items in sea chests way too often. I'll be lucky if Tshar finds a rare item hunting Kucho's in a week and that will be a +1 Nautical ring.

I've been carefully monitoring this and making adjustments. I currently see every box roll (pass or fail) and what was received if pass.

Quote:
Are sea chests just like critter boxes in the fact that there can still be junk in them? Like limbs and rusted items etc. . .

Yes, there are junk items with no value, in addition to very low value but kinda useful items, to supplement the very nice or very valuable items. I've seen some boxes go out with nothing but a single worthless item in them.

Quote:
question: are there any ultra-rares in the boxes? or can everything found in them be found again?

No ultra-rares, nor plans to add them. Unlike combat which uses multiple hoppers (junk, gems, semi rares, rares and ultra rares) fishing uses only two hoppers, one for fresh water and one for salt water. Each time you get a box you pull 1 to 6 (progressively harder to get more items so it's not a flat random 1-6) items from the appopriate hopper.

Quote:
Heh yea I feel the same way. Tshar busts his ass in Kuchos, risking death and even dying occasionally and it seems to be more rewarding to fish for boxes, without the risk.

Sure, but you're also sitting around for long periods of time hoping for a box and then if you get a box, hoping it's a good one. It's a real time burner, and as I mentioned above, there are no ultra rares. There's also just plain ol rares in combat treasure that you can't get elsewhere, including spell pages no one has found yet.

What you really have is different avenues to find cool items. Combat differs from excavation which differs from fishing. They're all unique and offer different challenges and aspects in addition to having their own treasure collection. It's meant to offer you new things to do, and if you can't or don't choose to do them, new things to buy from each other or trade for.

Back to top »
Enverdi
Strange and Exciting

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:

I dont know how relevant this is, but this seems to be the time when Trevor's 10% box snag kicks in.

Code:
You snap back your pole and cast your line into the water.
Roundtime: 9 sec.

The end of your fishing pole bends down sharply as something swallows the bait!
>

Your line keeps running out as the fish on your line continues to swim away with your bait!

Your line keeps running out as the fish on your line continues to swim away with your bait!

With a quick snap, your line goes slack as the fish on it manages to snag it on something below the water.

So it seems like the opportune time to catch a chest. However, this is what happened next...

Code:
You carefully and quickly set the hook with a firm upward pull on your fishing pole then begin to try to reel in your line!
Roundtime: 5 sec.
You see the head of a smallgill spirefish break the surface of the water as it comes close to you.  You finish reeling your line in and heft it out of the water.
Roundtime: 23 sec.

So I didn't get that 10%, but there it is!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » Fishing news
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: