FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
solo hunter box/cash rate?
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » solo hunter box/cash rate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: solo hunter box/cash rate?

i'm getting less cash/boxes (and the box contents are worse, too) today. did something come up as a result of the group treasure thing?

with 100+ perception, i was normally getting cash or cash and a box on a daily basis. now i sometimes just get a box, or get nothing at all.
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Re: solo hunter box/cash rate?

soundless wrote:
i'm getting less cash/boxes (and the box contents are worse, too) today. did something come up as a result of the group treasure thing?

with 100+ perception, i was normally getting cash or cash and a box on a daily basis. now i sometimes just get a box, or get nothing at all.

I've noticed less treasure as well. But I've also noticed that I don't get tired so much...

Maybe I just imagine stuff though.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:

I made some adjustments, yes. Primarily, bonuses were stacking unfairly. Let's say you had a 30% chance to find a box, a 20% bonus added on due to items, another 20% due to Lucky, and another 20% due to being a blue skinned Alteri (kidding on that of course).

What should have been the case was:
30% x 1.6 (20%+20%+20% = 60% added to 30%) = 48%.

Instead what happened was:
30% x 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.2 = 51%. Obviously the larger the amount or number of bonuses, the more exaggerated the effect.

I also capped the chance to find cash at a max of 80% chance and boxes at 50% because I didn't feel one should have a 100% chance to find cash or even remotely close to 100% for boxes.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
I also capped the chance to find cash at a max of 80% chance and boxes at 50% because I didn't feel one should have a 100% chance to find cash or even remotely close to 100% for boxes.

well as someone who was training perception so he could find boxes and more money, i feel like i was thrown a huge step back.

there really was a huge notable drop in boxes and cash.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:26 am    Post subject:

Your perception makes a huge difference in finding boxes. In fact, the role of perception was not diminished. The role of bonus items, traits, etc were diminished but only to the point we had originally intended them to be at. This was a bug, and it did not lower the contribution of perception.

Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Your perception makes a huge difference in finding boxes. In fact, the role of perception was not diminished. The role of bonus items, traits, etc were diminished but only to the point we had originally intended them to be at. This was a bug, and it did not lower the contribution of perception.

it's more the global cap placed on the % chance to find boxes/cash. other than the lucky trait, i have no bonus to finding things (and lucky only helps with the contents, not finding the box in the first place right?). with the cap alone i'm finding that i have been getting a lot less in terms of boxes and cash. at the start of the week i was getting a box every two to four beetles, and $40-50ish on every beetle. now i'm getting $30i-40ish (but not all have cash) and the boxes are a lot rarer.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject:

You might wanna check out Kuchos, they are dropping boxes like every single time.

Also what kinda balance changes did you make? I've noticed Tshar can make it to incredibly balanced now when using pulse.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Tugor wrote:
You might wanna check out Kuchos, they are dropping boxes like every single time.

for some reason i doubt 19 vit and 20 agi will cut it in kuchos.

not to mention i can't climb the mountain at all.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I didn't modify anything related to balance at all.

Back to top »
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I was talking to Trevor heh. I meant HE should check Kuchos cause they might be dropping boxes too often.

Ahh I know what it is with the balance. I set aside some stat points for more cyberware when I reallocated and got more agility with the joints.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » solo hunter box/cash rate?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: