FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
exceptional hide change (news 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » exceptional hide change (news 4)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject:

considering i already pay grossly over the premium value, i don't see how i'm screwing anyone out of money.

by the by, Inaira did once ask me, "if you're making these into backpacks that go for $50,000, I want more per hide", and I gladly gave her more per hide, under the stipulation that if the backpacks stop selling, I'll go back my old prices (which don't net me a huge insane profit for what I use them for normally).
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject:

Yea but there's a slight difference between the premium value of hides to an NPC as opposed to the value of them to a PC that's using them to make money. So Yaru's old premium might not be good enough for trackers that can get the exceptional hides now, it all depends on what they wanna charge him, if at all.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject:

as i said, in the past i already made deals with people when they wanted more for hides and i knew they were going to be sold as backpacks.

from the looks of things, though, i doubt i'll really be making that many exceptionals anymore since the market has already been flooded. since that's the case, i'll be most likely using the majority of hides as scroll cases, which is my normal source of income.
Tugor
Orgasm Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject:

Heh one thing I noticed is that with HR's small community there's rarely a time when things can't be obtained freely. High level players would often give out things to younger players and their friends.

That aspect can make it hard for someone to start a sort of 'buisness'. Making professions more unique in manners such as this helps to alleviate this problem, as I would term it. However, the only major complaint I had about all this is giving the monopoly to one character. I stated before, I'm not sure which side would be more unfair and it's not up to me to decide.

It is a problem if anything and everything can be acquired freely through the goodwill of others. There should be more marketable items that professions can make and sell aside from these things.

Bah I started rambling in the end, sorry.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject:

the other thing i noticed is that once someone has a set amount of money they're happy with, they don't mind just completely blasting away anyone else's desire to make money.

the other funny thing is that everyone has money, but hates spending it. they're always saving it for something that's not around at all but they swear once it's there all the money will have to go to it, heh.
SoulTorn
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject:

wealth

You are carrying $1,514 in cash, and you have $8,443 in credits on deposit.

So, if you don't want to spend money....just send it all my way, please.

-Chris
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:18 am    Post subject:

SoulTorn wrote:
wealth

You are carrying $1,514 in cash, and you have $8,443 in credits on deposit.

So, if you don't want to spend money....just send it all my way, please.

-Chris

i should have changed that to, "Everyone who was complaining about the prices." and i don't mean the ones going, "I can't afford that", but the ones who were accusing yaru/me of being greedy, heh.

in other news, because i want to test the new caps i'll gladly pay $20,000 for five hides of exceptional quality.
Dzynna
Shadow Master

Post Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Well, it really would have been unfair for Trackers to essentially be the most likely to have exceptional skins and also be able to create exceptional quality items. That totally bypasses the need for Artisans altogether. So, I think it's fair that Artisans be the only ones able to create exceptional items. I mean, that's what they're for right? Item Creation.

I have to agree with this. It seems that I'm the minority in my profession, but I totally agree with the changes, both from an IC standpoint and from a player perspective regarding game balance.

Dzynna Zol
-------------------------------------
The Retreat
--------------------------------------
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Crafting & Trades » exceptional hide change (news 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: