FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Organizers...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Organizers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately, real life duties called Myst away and he's no longer with the staff. Right now, to be very frank, Bureaucrats aren't getting much love, nor is the justice system. It is a priority for us, but ... well, so are 20392039 other things. <grin>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, I can't really see the sense in getting jail time in an online environment. A lot of people would get mighty pissed off if they were convicted (justly/unjustly - doesn't matter) and had to spend time doing nothing sitting in a locked room. Depending on the length of time I know I'd be looking for other venues.

Go for where it hurts the most -- right in the hip pocket. Obviously if you decide on becoming a career criminal your fines will (should??) increase exponentially with every time you appear before Da Judge.

With the above in mind, will you be fined for each crime you commit or just for the worst offence?

::wanders off to check his bank account::

a.k.a Senutyenool

Last edited by senutyenool on Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Initial impressions are:

- Short jail time, more just temporary holding before seeing the judge, rather than as a sentence.

- Fines that do grow exponentially as further crimes are committed.

- Fines based on all crimes on which you are found guilty, not just the most severe.

Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Eeeyowww!!! That'll really hurt the bank balance....

But then again if you keep getting caught and convicted all the time maybe it's time to take up a more honest profession like....... Bureaucrats..... yeah Bureaucrats...... coz we all know there's no such thing as a corrupt Bureaucrat Rolling Eyes

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:16 pm    Post subject:

BTW, it seems likely there will be ways to reduce fines such as training certain skills, stats, spells, having a good lawyer, and other methods.

Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
BTW, it seems likely there will be ways to reduce fines such as training certain skills, stats, spells, having a good lawyer, and other methods.

I like the idea of using skills, stats and a ::cough:: good lawyer, but I don't see how magic should affect your reduction of fines.

I see the courtroom as an impervious room from any type of magical/psionic attack (for want of a better word) because we all know that psionics can and do change peoples will's to do their bidding. (At least I understand this is how things are going to be -- correct me here please) About the only 'attack' useable in a courtroom is the verbal diarrhoea that the bureaucrats are reknowned for sprouting Laughing

BTW BTG what are you doing in here????? You should be coding, coding, coding, coding. There's only so much time left and the grass is not getting any greener and the hordes are starting to champ at the bit.

::35 days to March, but who's counting?::

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Magics of various type affect your charisma. Now, if courtrooms have some sort of anti-magic/psi property, then sure, it'd be excluded. But you do have a good point there, something we'll have to consider quite a bit when we get to this issue.

Back to top »
HR-Jocelyn

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject:

[quote="SenutyenoolThere's only so much time left and the grass is not getting any greener and the hordes are starting to champ at the bit.[/quote]

Unless you count the grasslands...
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject:

BTW, I -am- coding <grin>. I've finished a handful of spellsongs today, among other things. And, on 35 days... so as to not mislead here, we have tons to do before I feel comfortable opening our doors, but we're still shooting for March. That could be March 1, or March 31, however. Sorry.Wink

Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:36 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
BTW, I -am- coding <grin>. I've finished a handful of spellsongs today, among other things. And, on 35 days... so as to not mislead here, we have tons to do before I feel comfortable opening our doors, but we're still shooting for March. That could be March 1, or March 31, however. Sorry.Wink

Hah! Gotcha!

Okay, everybody make a copy of the above quote so that we can refer back to it later on. As you will notice there was no year put on it therefore it is a reasonable assumption that the BTG meant 2003 and can't sometime within the next 31 to 62 days say that he meant 2004/05 Wink

::takes off his Bureaucrat hat and goes into hiding::

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Organizers...
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: