FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Brokering and Stuff...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Brokering and Stuff...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Whats a Broker anyway

Orodreth wrote:
- What if the ticker only updated itself HOURLY or DAILY... but the broker computer organizer tickers updated round the clock (every 5 minutes or whenever the regular system cycle currently occurs)

I like that idea, or perhaps something similar to Earthly free stock market quotes where they're on a time delay.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]

Last edited by Tylen on Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top »
HR-Rikiar
Bureaucrat Guru

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Been reading some of the more recent posts in this thread and I like the ideas that are coming across the pipeline.

Orodreth, you're always a great source for ideas and I like most of yours. However most of the ideas also require a bit of recoding to do, so you likely wont see them anytime soon.

William, I'm considering your suggestion as well, although I have to say that would be even further down the line due to the fact that we have such a small player base right now and it would probably be detrimental with such a small population. As for enhancing the business side of things....

Be advised... while I am still hammering out justice related things, I am almost done with the "Tables" portion of player-run shops and will probably be releasing that in the near future. The actual shops may not be far behind but are still likely to come out after justice. Here's a little graphical representation of where we are sitting with system releases...

You are here.
Tables
Justice
Player-run shops
Other goodies.
Other goodies.
Other goodies.

Here's where justice stands, for those of you... who like me are aching to get it released (finally!).

-Court cases, done.
-Arrest and Booking verbs, 99% complete.
-Actual crime coding (this is potentially a fluid state, but (90% of the key code is in place for release)
-Jail and escape (turned out to be A LOT more involved than I originally thought 35-50% done)

On the jail note... I started out making it just a simple breakout process... (pick door, sneak down a hallway, grab stuff, sneak out). This turned out to be ok... but with player input and other suggestions I'm scaling it up to a full blown prison system. For long term offenders, you'll be released into the exercise yard for a period of time, there will be chow call, etc. With escape opportunities presented in various forms (although escape will always be on the side of near impossible for non-agents and extremely difficult for even agents.

Hang in there guys, I'm just as anxious to get this system rolled out as you are. Just remember, we're all working hard to get this out as soon as we can. And thank you all for your patience.

You purchase the Rarnguk Damn Case for $50.

You have successfully researched the Damn case. Good luck!
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
William, I'm considering your suggestion as well, although I have to say that would be even further down the line due to the fact that we have such a small player base right now and it would probably be detrimental with such a small population.

Understandable. <thumbs up>

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
Quote:
William, I'm considering your suggestion as well, although I have to say that would be even further down the line due to the fact that we have such a small player base right now and it would probably be detrimental with such a small population.

Understandable. <thumbs up>

--William

To be perfectly honest...if people had to seek out the highest brokers to sell all their things....the young brokers would get no buisness at all.

AIM: KitMurphyHR
Email: yojibalinese@hotmail.com
Technician Database: http://tech.haelrahv.net/
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject:

That might happen. But it's not like 40th level is the highest level. Really, there's only a handful of people that will need a broker over 25th (with my model) and there are several Bureaucrats up to that level.

Besides, like I said, it would give the lower leveled Bureaucrats that want to focus on brokering more reason to level instead of slowing down in the mid-10s range (and thus become pets).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Brokering and Stuff...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: