Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Bunch of questions
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Bunch of questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Bunch of questions

Ok so we don't really have a Medic GM to watch over us, but I'm going to throw out these questions anyway.

1. Why is research one of our core skills? Is there some hidden plan for medical related research? Given what we can see as players, I think Electronics would make more sense, or maybe even alchemy.

2. Why is REVIVE accessible at such a low level? Arguably it is our most important ability as Medics. Does it really make sense that someone who is only a "Medical Student" should be able to bring people back from the dead?

3. I'm curious what (if anything) is planned for future medic abilities. I'd imagine we could have cosmetic/plastic surgery (similar to DR Empaths' shifting), and implantation of cyber organs.

4. I know this one isn't a Medic question, but I'm putting it here anyway.... Currently I have Psychic Sight, which I find useful in locating corpses. But psionic abilities really don't fit my character well. Will there eventually be other ways to locate people? Perhaps accessing a spy satellite using electronics skill.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure research affects what devices you can use, like you have to have 9 research at 3 or you still can't use your regenerator and research has to be fully maxed for any of the other level minimums. I kind of thought the stimulator was a bit low...1/10 of our max level to use...but then again, that was back when it still took you 500 hours to get to 10, maybe the req should be raised now that leveling to 10 is faster.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1. Why is research one of our core skills? Is there some hidden plan for medical related research? Given what we can see as players, I think Electronics would make more sense, or maybe even alchemy.

Research is factored into some healing stuff, and we kicked around the idea of Medics being able to make various medicines at one point too, which I imagine is still an eventual "go".

Quote:
2. Why is REVIVE accessible at such a low level? Arguably it is our most important ability as Medics. Does it really make sense that someone who is only a "Medical Student" should be able to bring people back from the dead?

Because a lot of people were dying and medics were far less common than now. I'm sure that ability will be less common in "live".

Quote:
3. I'm curious what (if anything) is planned for future medic abilities. I'd imagine we could have cosmetic/plastic surgery (similar to DR Empaths' shifting), and implantation of cyber organs.

Cosmetic surgery, the aforementioned medicines, and hacking up people to install sockets are all possibilities.

Quote:
4. I know this one isn't a Medic question, but I'm putting it here anyway.... Currently I have Psychic Sight, which I find useful in locating corpses. But psionic abilities really don't fit my character well. Will there eventually be other ways to locate people? Perhaps accessing a spy satellite using electronics skill.

"Maybe".

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the quick replies.
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject:

Since this is a year old, I thought I'd ask: is research (still?) factored into things like proficiency in using the regenerator?
 Back to top »
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:27 am    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:
Since this is a year old, I thought I'd ask: is research (still?) factored into things like proficiency in using the regenerator?

Research is triple trained for techs. Why? The only thing I knew research to be good for was memorizing things.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we'll need to do research for..something. Like..building..stuff. Or transportation. Anyway, right now it's factored into your ability to repair medical equipment.
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject:

There are many skills that are triple trainable more because it makes sense for someone to be profient in it class-wise than there being systems available for that class through the skill

ie: research seems to be triple trainable for many of the non combat classes, classes that use their hands are good at security.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:

Yes, but it isn't the only thing.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Is there a specific stat which is particularly useful for operating medical equipment?
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:
Is there a specific stat which is particularly useful for operating medical equipment?

IIRC, mentallity is used to determine how well you can handle pressure/stressful situations, and that in turn influences how well you can handle healing people.
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Sorkaa wrote:

Taken from HELP PROFESSIONS 7:

Quote:
The most important stats for a Medic are:
Coordination, Intellect, Mentality, and Perception.

They are listed in order of importance. And while that list may change concerning new skills, coordination will always be the most important stat for handling the equipment.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
Sorkaa

Post Posted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Ah, thanks.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Bunch of questions
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: