FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Critters!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Critters!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Critters!

Er, yeah.. I needed to start another thread (got to keep that post-per-day average up somehow).

What kind of critters do you guys think you'll be adding? I know there're going to be the furry, cute 'n cuddly kinds somewhere so that someone, somewhere, can say the following: "You killed Bambi!"

I would suspect there's going to obviously be Undead, as the Psionics (Or Mages?) get an ability (spell) to summon a critter of that type, not to mention there's going to be a "Necropolis" or something which'll be the Psionic hometown (of course, I'm more or less wrong I think). Will Undead be insane here, too, and split into Corporeal and Non-Coporeal categories? Or will you be gentler on our sanity and memories by just calling them.. Undead?

Will critters be able to use Magic/Psionics? I know it's a stupid question, but the post has to have substance past a simple undead question.

Er. And I was thinkin the other day about Invasions in Haelrahv and stuff.. and was just wondering if you guys thought you'd be Invasion-Trigger-Happy like the DragonRealms folks used to be (and still are, though to a lesser degree).

--William, ending now before getting popped in the eye

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject:

You name it, it'll be there. Well, we don't have traditional medieval fare (orcs, goblins.. I'm sure you'll all be lost with no goblins to start out with Wink .. but there may be similar creatures with different names and some variation. But at any rate, virtually any kind of critter you can think of, some form of spirits/undead/whatever as well, yes.

However, Necropolis isn't a city as in your normal city. It's more like.. a massive tomb and such. Psionics will call Wargale home, but I'm sure Necropolis will have a strange yet natural place in their hearts.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject:

The Necropolis will undoubtedly have some undead or spirit folk residing in its subterranean walls.. and psionics may or may not want to deal with some of the critters that will be there Wink

For instance..

A skeleton or something of the like would probably get blown away by a mental blast, seeing as it's not the brightest thing on 2 legs.. but a purely spiritual or energy-like being won't be so easily overcome. Wink
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject:

As long as Necropolis has low-level hunting, a few shops, and a place to train a skill/stat or two, I'd be happy. Oh, and somewhere to forage, too, I guess. I want to forage up treasure left behind in someone's grave. Heeh.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject:

Hunt yeah. I could be wrong, if so I'm sure Drake will correct me... but I don't believe it has shops, and likely not training. Foraging you can do almost anywhere, but what you can forage depends on the location.

It's not really a hangout. It's more like a place of historic value and a hunting area, basically, as far as I understand.

Back to top »
HR-Drake
Machine King

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:38 am    Post subject:

Hunt, of course..

Shops and training in a place that's essentially a mass grave? Not so much Wink Trevor's got it pegged.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject:

Nobody's going to desecrate the supposed honorable graves? If it's so historic, there'd at least be some kind of gift shop. Well. If the Humans got there, anyway.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject:

A Human gift shop (or Human anything) would fit about as well as a Southern Baptist gift shop in the Vatican. Wink

Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, I can promise you that there WILL be an area with hunting, both the undead and the soon to be dead, that also has some area to forage in and a gift shop or three. But that's all I'm going to say. Really, I'm not a part of the Project. Whatever that is.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
...that there WILL be an area with hunting, both the undead and the soon to be dead...

Er. That brings up another question. Are there going to be any spells/abilities that are going to discriminate between "corporeal undead" and "non-corporeal undead"? Like.. between a Zombie and a Ghost? That annoys me that, in DR, there are spells (one, actually, I think, but you get the point) like that, because half of the critter actions either don't correctly correspond to what they are (corporeal or none) or it's fairly impossible to tell if they without wasting mana on them first.

--William, recooperating after the first day back to school

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Right now, there are no plans to differentiate, no.

Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Combat & Hunting » Critters!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: