FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Lonely No More!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Lonely No More!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 9:07 pm    Post subject: Lonely No More!

Yes, another lonely forum. I must perk you guys up. And just how do I purpose I do this? By, what else.. offering an idea of another ability for you Guardian-folk. Very Happy

I know this is pretty much idea stealing from other games.. but I purpose a system akin to Auras. Yes, that's right. All you Diablo and Warcraft 3 people know what I'm talking about. Basically, it'd be used to give specific bonuses to those in your group (or in the room, whichever is depended upon). Now, in the other games, you either had the Aura or you didn't, which means the bonus was either there or not (Warcraft III), or, you could just switch back and forth between your many Auras depending upon your current situation and what you needed (Diablo). But, for Haelrahv, I'd suggest a timer or something.. you started the aura, so damnit, you're going to ride it out until it ends. So.. yeah. Onto the suggestions.

But first.. to rationalize why Guardians get it: channeling their faith and spiritual essence.. blah blah blah, you know the drill. Very Happy Names of the auras are indeed available for discussion, in case you don't want to look like you're stealing the idea too much. Heh.

* Aura of Brilliance: Increases the rate at which those effected will regenerate their Mana/Psy Points (they're both Focus, now, right?).

* Aura of Thorns: Damages melee attackers for a certain amount (in Warcraft, it's either 10% or all the way up to 30% of the damage they do to you).

* Aura of Defiance: Defensive Bonus (20 to 30% bonus, in my opinion, would be fair).

* Aura of Resistance: Elemental resistances boosted (or, perhaps, a random one would be boosted while the others remain uneffected.. would be neat).

* Aura of Vigor: Stamina boost and reduction of recovery time

* Aura of Sanctuary: Keeps critters from spawning/walking into your room; also deals damage to Undead currently in your room

Those're pretty much the good ones. There's should be one to help regan vitality and fatigue.. but, yanno what? I couldn't find the name of it. So, anyway.

--William, awaiting the bashing

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject:

I do think auras are cool. Especially for Guardians. I think if it was decided to use them, it should be strictly personal, so they couldn't be put on other people.

Smile
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sainji

Post Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject:

Your examples look close to spells that Druids used in EQ. The monks in EQ were masters at unarmed combat and were taught various fighting styles when they reached a certain level. They were also taught slight of hand tricks to keep their weight down and yet survive off the land or people. They could lift food or drink off of unsuspecting travelers. Pretty neat for a monk. If they're weight got too great, they were unable to connect with their foe in any combat situation.

Which brings up another question I will ask else where on the boards regarding survival.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 12:34 am    Post subject:

I suggest +300% Magic-Find.
"Look, a mage! See? I told you MF worked here!"

I'm a big fan of Redemption. And the stamina one you're thinking of is Vigor.

HORK!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 3:57 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, another lonely forum. I must perk you guys up. And just how do I purpose I do this? By, what else.. offering an idea of another ability for you Guardian-folk.

Some of those sound like abilities already planned as meditations and sigils... mostly the benificial ones are self effecting only, but I'll concider making some of them group effects.

Quote:
Which brings up another question I will ask else where on the boards regarding survival.

We have at least two staff members here who were very hardcore into rangers in some other game someplace. There's plenty of interesting survival ideas floating around though if you have a good one we're all ears. Smile
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I'm a big fan of Redemption.

I didn't really think Redemption would've worked in a game like Haelrahv, heh. I mean, honestly.. how could you explain a Guardian suddenly destroying the corpse (though it'd quite literally just poof away) of a fallen critter just to regain vitality and Focus? Think of the stares he'd get from his partners.

Quote:
Your examples look close to spells that Druids used in EQ.

I've never even bothered with EQ. My friend said it was crap, so.. yeah.

Quote:
Some of those sound like abilities already planned as meditations and sigils... mostly the benificial ones are self effecting only, but I'll concider making some of them group effects.

Yeah, after I submitted the post, I was like.. "You know, they probably already thought those up, jackass." Guess I was right. Please make the Focus-recharge-rate one effect the Guardian's group. If my Alteri Tech starts getting some happy Psionic mojo going (which will become obsolete once he can make his own implants, I guess), he's going to want a few Guardian friends to hang around. Twisted Evil

Oh, and if you -do- make some of the abilities effect the Guardian's group.. what do you think you'll do in case there's more than one Guardian in a group? Would the bonuses stack, or would there be some message similar to "You try to channel your faith and essence, but you can't help but wonder if your Deity would smite you." Very Happy

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Arden

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject:

I vote for no stacking. If the benefits from meditaton/sigils increase with experience, maybe it should check and see if the bonus being put on a person is more powerful than the one they've already got, and just raise it to match the more powerful one.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject:

We should also keep Performers in mind. Wink I imagine some of their abilities will be group-oriented, though I don't want their magic to fall into that "well that's crap" category they seem to fall into so often.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » Lonely No More!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: