FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Election Thread - 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Election Thread - 2004
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject:

Just heard on CNN. Kerry plans to give a concession speach in a few hours.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Since it's unlikely Kerry will run again in 2008, who do you guys want to be on the Democratic ticket the next go around?

A couple friends and I were fooling around with the idea of a bipartisan ticket. Our top choices all involved McCain. He's moderate enough to appeal to both sides, not to mention he'd rack in the veteran vote like nobody's business. He's all about the social reform, too, which is a great bonus. I can't decide if I'd like him for President or Vice-President.

Yum.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Since it's unlikely Kerry will run again in 2008, who do you guys want to be on the Democratic ticket the next go around?

Did Kerry say this? His message to his supporters that I received didn't state one way of another but it did imply the possibility of him running again, as I read it.

I think if McCain runs, he'll run Republican. I can't think of who else could stand a chance against Kerry in '08 if he runs again.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Hilary Clinton. I'm sick of middle-aged white males running the country. None of them seem to have the hang of it. So let's change it up a bit, shall we? Besides, if anyone can become the first woman president, it's her.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:

Did Kerry say this? His message to his supporters that I received didn't state one way of another but it did imply the possibility of him running again, as I read it.

I think if McCain runs, he'll run Republican. I can't think of who else could stand a chance against Kerry in '08 if he runs again.

No, Kerry hasn't stated that he wasn't going to run next time. It's probably far too early to be making such judgements, but I just have a feeling that he's not.

Now, a McCain + Kerry ticket would be awesome, I think. It would be hard to figure out who would go for which position, but McCain looks like he'd make for a better Vice-President (he never seems to be happy with being in the spotlight). They'd get a good chunk of the veteran and military votes, too, probably.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Hillary Clinton is going to consider a run for President.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject:

Well I'm happy with the results. Not thrilled, but I see this as better than any of the other likely possible outcomes.

No, I'm not a Republican, though I tend to lean right. But I just never liked Kerry. That goes back 10 years from when I went to school in Cambridge, MA. I never would have voted for him even if he convinced me he had some brilliant plan to do all sorts of wonderful things. But of course he didn't do a good job of conveying much other than that he wasn't Bush.

I was tempted to vote for Badnarik, but as a sign of support for third parties in general, not Libertarians. But in the end I decided to go with Bush. Yes, and the state marriage amendment (probably another one of William's votes I canceled).
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yes, and the state marriage amendment (probably another one of William's votes I canceled).

If you mean that you canceled my vote of massive NAEness for the amendment, yes. But, hey, at least you didn't vote for Badnarik. Anyway, I wish I lived up in Clarke or Fulton county (sites for UGA and GA Tech, respectively). Those were the only major Kerry counties in Georgia. There was a ring of democratic counties in the southwest, but I have no freaking clue what that was about.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
But in the end I decided to go with Bush. Yes, and the state marriage amendment (probably another one of William's votes I canceled).

Way to keep them thar queers in check.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject:

soundless wrote:

Right... and I'm hoping to vote for slavery in 2008, too.

It's a shame we can't pass a law against stupid people.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Tylen wrote:
soundless wrote:

Right... and I'm hoping to vote for slavery in 2008, too.

It's a shame we can't pass a law against stupid people.

I ironically agree.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Brokyn wrote:
If you mean that you canceled my vote of massive NAEness for the amendment, yes. But, hey, at least you didn't vote for Badnarik. Anyway, I wish I lived up in Clarke or Fulton county (sites for UGA and GA Tech, respectively). Those were the only major Kerry counties in Georgia. There was a ring of democratic counties in the southwest, but I have no freaking clue what that was about.

I live in Fulton. I guess you're right, we went 39.2% Bush vs. 60.1% Kerry vs. 0.7% Badnarik. I'd like to know how we voted on the amendment, but the state's website doesn't break it up by county.
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject:

CNN.com has some awesome breakups by state/county for each candidate and each amendment proposal.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
CNN.com has some awesome breakups by state/county for each candidate and each amendment proposal.

Cool, thanks.
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Out of Character Discussions » Election Thread - 2004
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: