Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
PvP
Goto page Previous  1, 2
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PvP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you like to see a few days set aside each month for free PvP (until we get a justice system)?
Yes
60%
 60%  [ 21 ]
No
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Praxis Keuplan
The Nerve Cell

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject:

[quote="Dante"]I'm in the "NO" camp, because while people in general seem to think that the only way to solve a conflict is to kill. This is not the real world, but imagine if that were the case. Uh...our loverly commander in chief's foreign policy aside. Laughing

I know this isn't the place to make comments on this but whenever someone makes an uneducated comment about the U.S. President, I cannot sit back and say nothing. I have almost completed my second tour in the war, both of which I volunteered for simply because of my knowledge and experience that there are people in the world that will stop at nothing to harm, or kill another simply because they like to do so. Just remember that there are some of us that have put our lives on the line to support the President for one, because it’s our job and two, because it is the right thing of any people to sacrifice for another. I heard someplace that no man has a greater love then he that would lay down his life for a friend.

Anyway, as for the current subject in HR though, I think we have a similar problem. As we learn in the real world if you take away a persons ability to enforce stability and a peace abiding society, then there will always be people who will find ways to create or support that instability. It is no different in HR. Now, I do not play a power-hungry or violent character but unfortunately, there comes a time when the only way to solver problems is through physical force. PVP, although abused at times, is a necessary part of life in HR and those who fear it the most are those who stand to reap the consequences for the results of their attitudes towards others, and the verbal abuse they tend to use to get their way. It has been said that “They have not wanted peace at all; they have wanted war—as though the absence of war was the same as peace.” The point is simple; nothing will ever change people from abusing others but if they know that by doing so, they will have to suffer for those actions at some point, they will be more likely to think much harder about those choices before then act upon them. For every action, this is a consequence to that action and when we choose to act in a given way, we also have chosen to accept the consequences of those actions.

--Praxis steps off his soap box…..

Additional sermons will be given at a later date.
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject:

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:11 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I heard someplace that no man has a greater love then he that would lay down his life for a friend.

That's specifically why I support the U.S. troops.

The president, on the other hand, will get my support just as soon as he suits up and goes out on the front line to do the same thing. For the first time.

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Praxis Keuplan
The Nerve Cell

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Quote:
I heard someplace that no man has a greater love then he that would lay down his life for a friend.

That's specifically why I support the U.S. troops.

The president, on the other hand, will get my support just as soon as he suits up and goes out on the front line to do the same thing. For the first time.

Well, against the advice of his people, he did come out here to visit with us though I didn't get to go see him. The guy's got alot of guts to come to a place where every terrorist alive wants to take him out. Its sad too because he can out run most of the people in my unit.
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject:

Praxis Keuplan wrote:
Well, against the advice of his people...

As opposed to the advice he normally takes from anyone.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey & Soundless wrote:
stuff

I whole heartedly agree. That's probably a safer answer than trying to defend myself on 3 hours of sleep...heh. So I'll leave it at that.
HR-Mickey
Cloverfield Monster

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Anyway, back to the thread!

To make a long story short, don't tell it.

I may be going nowhere, but I'm going nowhere fast.
---
Kelvin Watt says, "I stopped drinking coke when no longer drinking beer didn't make my gut disappear."
---
Kaelin Rae says, "Wait a minute..."
Kaelin Rae says, "You mean they have a COKE machine that dispenses beer."
Kaelin Rae nods to you.
Kaelin Rae says, "Greaser."
Kaelin Rae looks at you and sighs.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject:

HR-Mickey wrote:
Anyway, back to the thread!

I liek killing shit! ::loads gun::
ragonda
A fearful red dragon

Post Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:24 pm    Post subject:

i have never got the hang of the whole pvp thing and i seriously doubt i ever will so i voted NO
 Back to top »
Praxis Keuplan
The Nerve Cell

Post Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject:

Well, then I suppose that some of us are greatful that the opinions here are just opinions based upon fortune cookie wisdom and that in the scope of things, will matter little to the outcome of the game. For those of you who do not support PVP, I can understand as I do not use PVP as a way to torment others. However, if some choosed to abuse a friend of mine, then sometimes PVP is the only way to resolve things like that. I would think though that we are all adult enough to be able to regulate ourselves in this matter.
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Would it be possible, if a Counselor thought something needed to be done, to have individual characters flagged as PVPable? Maybe even to the extent that they couldn't even attack anyone else.. but everyone can attack them at a whim?

Because, well. Some people need this done to them.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Anything is "possible" but I don't see that happening.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player-Created Polls » PvP
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: