FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
beautiful near-death escapes, part 1
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » beautiful near-death escapes, part 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jade
Soldier of the '?'th Century

Post Posted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: beautiful near-death escapes, part 1

this is the most amusing message i have ever seen. i had been testing out the ROLL system with fires, because troopers are hardcore and someone needed to do it. i asked josie to cast flame wave on me. she has amazing spellcasting and even without catching on fire i could easily have died. but i did catch, and rolled. it took me four tries, each eight seconds. finally, i smothered the flames. i checked my health once and i was in mortal danger. so i called for a medic and headed toward the beach, to nelle. then i checked my health and saw this:

health

You have a mangled abdomen, a wounded left arm, and a wounded right leg.

Bleeding Locations:

Abdomen: Moderate
Left Arm: Light
Right Leg: Moderate

You are dead and well rested.
Your inner focus is strong.

except i was not yet actually dead. if i had still been in the sparring grounds i would have gone unconscious. i expect what happened was that my health had been 1 or 0, and on the very next pulse i would have actually died. this was so funny! fortunately, nelle sacrificed on me just in time.

but how close was that? it was thrilling, in that sort of perverse fatalistic sense. so funny that it is now my signature.

You say, "For all, temperance."
You say, "But justice is worthy for its own sake."
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

:p
Tylen
Alpha Antifemale

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: beautiful near-death escapes, part 1

jade wrote:
Your inner focus is strong.

except i was not yet actually dead. if i had still been in the sparring grounds i would have gone unconscious. i expect what happened was that my health had been 1 or 0, and on the very next pulse i would have actually died. this was so funny! fortunately, nelle sacrificed on me just in time.

I got that a few times last night. It happens when you're health actually is at zero.
** The phrase "break a leg" just wasn't ambitious enough for Mellie Knight. [8:31 pm]
** Mellie Knight was soundly defeated by Aesal Anari-Idia in the Zgedhi Gkenrzeg Rav! [8:31 pm]
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » beautiful near-death escapes, part 1
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: