FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Future Release Details: Agent / Mage / Psionic / Tracker
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Future Release Details: Agent / Mage / Psionic / Tracker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:40 am    Post subject: Future Release Details: Agent / Mage / Psionic / Tracker

Okay folks, as much as I like to be secretive so as to give you lots of surprises and take a little burden off my back by making you wait, I'm going to release some "up and coming" release details. I need to be very clear about a few things.

- This list only contains items for the four professions that are either under my guruship (Mage, Psi) or have no specific guru (Agent, Tracker). This doesn't mean other professions aren't getting stuff, it means your guru is working on your stuff.

- This stuff is not in dev right now -- none of it. Before it will begin I need to (a) complete a side project I'm working on because it needs to be finished ASAP; (b) basic mechanics for the new experience system need to be built (not released, but built).

- These releases will in many (if not all) cases come out with the new skill/experience system. This list is intended to give those who are concerned about fresh content for their professions some insight into what's down the road.

- I'd like to get these done as quickly as possible, but they are big releases, and I have other big releases I'm already working on. Please understand all this stuff will take a while.

- Feel free to ask questions or make suggestions, but I probably won't provide much more detail than I already have in this post, either because I wish to keep my options open, or simply because some details are not yet decided and won't be till I'm actively developing that system.

- I have other ideas for all of these professions, but I've carefully picked a list for each profession that I felt best about committing to. Suggestions players have made for their profession should not be assumed overlooked by any means.

Agents
------
- Looting: Stealing objects from certain buildings via stealth (NOT PLAYER HOMES).
- Stealing: Pickpocketing players, NPC's, shoplifting.
- Trap Disarming: Adding a variety of trap types that anyone can disarm but Agents will be superior in this regard.
Notes: Stealing requires the justice system to be in place. Looting may or may not be put in without that prerequisite, to be determined.

Mages
-----
- Elemental Affinity: QUEST, 30th level. Allow Mage to improve their effectiveness with spells of one element of choice.
- Elemental Reactivity: QUEST, 50th level. Ability to cause reactive affects triggered when the Mage is subjected to the effects of a their affinity element. Specifically, if a Mage has affinity to fire and is hit by a fire attack, they will convert some of the damage taken to focus.
Notes: Mages have two items listed because they require quest constructon.

Psionics
--------
- Fetishes: Creation of items that grant certain powers/abilities/buffs. This WILL require help from a Tracker (see below).
- Shrines: Creation of shrines in player homes (their home, or the home of others) which provide permanent effects to the home's owner (owner only, not guests) so long as the shrine is intact. Details like whether shrines may degrade over time have not been determined.
Notes: Shrines will require home system completion first. An additional quest release *might* come later.

Trackers
--------
- Scavenge Remedies: Allows the Tracker to locate remedies (think: plants with natural healing aspects, etc.) that are used instantly (may not be preserved for later use or use by others). Terrain dependent.
- Forage items for Psi Shrines: Pretty simple, but only Trackers will be able to locate these items, and Psionics will need them.
- Terrain Affinity: Improve abilities based on the dominant terrain where a Tracker is located. Won't work in urban areas.
Notes: Item two will obviously require the release of shrines. These releases are a bit light, but combined with aspects of animal stuff Ashara is doing that includes Trackers, I think it's a good set of releases.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:57 am    Post subject:

very cool, it's good to know that we're going somewhere. Thanks a bunch for the update. Very Happy

P.S. when you get around to the traps if you need some help brainstorming ideas for nifty traps be sure to post for it, I know I'd be happy to help come up with a few.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:00 am    Post subject:

I have a pretty extensive list in mind, but I surely welcome ideas if you'd like to post them. In fact, I'll go ahead and make a separate thread for it.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Looting: Yay.
Stealing: Yay.
Traps: Yay.

*Thumbs up.*
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Future Release Details: Agent / Mage / Psionic / Tracker
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: