Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Trap Ideas

Have ideas for box traps? Post em here.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I think some of those weird performer song effects (sex change, horniness, hair falling out, can only talk like an asapi) would be interesting ones. But don't have them fire off once and then be done with...they should stay until the person can disarm them. Twisted Evil
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Explosion - every game with a disarm system needs this one. Destroys the box and its contents; damage to disarmer as well as random people in the room to varying degrees.

Stat/Skill Debuffs - instead of individualizing this, I thought it best to lump them together in one category. Infinite amount of chances to trip until finally disarmed. Might be a randomized kind of thing for the stat-reduction boxes (you'll never know if you'll lose Strength or Coordination), but for skill-reduction I'd say limit the chance to just the two related skills (lockpicking + disarm).

Transmogrification - turns the failure of a disarmer into any number of harmless creatures upon tripping the trap. I would prefer a variable time limit of five to ten minutes, but maybe some kind of action from another player could end it (no, not kissing) at any time.

Disfigurement - along the same lines as Transmogrification, but instead of turning into an animal you'll gain a hideous touch to your appearance. Completely nukes your Charisma (effectively 0) for a period of time. Shopowners will probably turn you away. Messes with max focus, too, and really sucks for Guardians.

Elemental - failure to disarm properly unleashes a blast of elemental furry. Fire/Heat, Ice/Cold, or Electric. Toward the higher end of boxes you have a possibility of getting all three elements in one trap for one hell of a whammy. All of these traps would splash, damaging a number of areas at once.

Poison - limit the possibilities based on level of creature; no getting the highest (or most detrimental) poison from a chith.

Acid - fun fun for everyone.

Gas - random chance of gas. Chlorine and laughing are the obvious choices, but I'd like to suggest some kind of gas that'd blind everyone in the room for a period of time (no resist checks, either.. woot).

Linguil Barrier - try as you might, nobody will be able to understand you for the duration of this trap's effect. Everyone will just think you're talking gibberish. Although, it would be funny if there could be some kind of scrambler that would automatically scramble whatever your character tries to say. It would be able to get around "H e l p m e , I h a v e b e e n e f f e c t e d b y a t r a p ." messages by scrambling the whole sentence instead of just words.

Deafness - the trap emits a large BOOM, deafening everyone in the room (and maybe adjacent rooms with higher-ended boxes, but for a shorter periods of time). Unable to hear what anyone says or yells or even whispers. Can't hear the comm, either. Other means of communication, like Telepathy and sign-language (I think someone's getting that), are unaffected.

Drain - simple enough, it drains the disarmer's focus and fatigue. Might as well add in half of their HP, too, just for kicks.

Drugs - when they're implemented, this trap will help deliver them.

---

I can't think of anymore right now.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Marduk

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Anvil Trap - Drops an anvil on the Agent's head.

Neutron Bomb - Destroys all life forms within a 10 block radius.

Maggot Trap - Shoots tiny larvae at such high velocities they lodge under the Agent's skin, only to hatch weeks later.

Roentgen Trap - All the Agent's children will be born with flippers and gills.

Quote:
i noticed that the swoosh symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing

-- Sage Francis
 Back to top »
the blue fairy
Grandmistress

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:45 pm    Post subject:

poisonous spiders

A set of breast implants fall from the sky with a soft plop.

Caretaker Jornnoj Vunn looks up at the sky.

A passing guard suddenly shits himself.
 Back to top »
Rilas

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I'm not an agent, but i have a couple ideas.

How about a flash trap that, causes blindness for a duration.. or till healed by a medic.
Maybe a needle spray trap or something to that effect which causes damage to the player, and possibly afflict some random affliction, based on whatever other kinds of traps you decide to implement.
One for fun... some sort of explosion that tar and feathers them, it'd be great for a low level trap/ high level gag, make it take hours to wear off Twisted Evil
A dud, simple, yet another good one i'd think 'cause the odds are most people will spend a while trying to figure out what happened, thereby inciting panic or at the very least more confusion.
Other than that i'd have to agree with the rest of the posts, you could even make multiple traps in one. Like a blind, deaf, tar'n'feathered person could you ask for anything more? oh right! paralysis too Wink
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject:

HR-Marduk wrote:
Anvil Trap - Drops an anvil on the Agent's head.

Neutron Bomb - Destroys all life forms within a 10 block radius.

Maggot Trap - Shoots tiny larvae at such high velocities they lodge under the Agent's skin, only to hatch weeks later.

Roentgen Trap - All the Agent's children will be born with flippers and gills.

This should read "Locksmith" wherever the word "Agent" is, since almost everyone pops their own boxes.

And, the first three I'm ok with, but the last one...Would all of our children happen to grow up to be 401 feet tall also?
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Deafness - the trap emits a large BOOM, deafening everyone in the room (and maybe adjacent rooms with higher-ended boxes, but for a shorter periods of time). Unable to hear what anyone says or yells or even whispers. Can't hear the comm, either. Other means of communication, like Telepathy and sign-language (I think someone's getting that), are unaffected.

It think that the effected people should only be able to hear yells, therefore negating any remote chance of a private conversation for the duration period. Plus I think that it would be rather comical to walk in a room and everyone is yelling for 20 minutes. Things like sign language and telepathy should still be effective though.

Grim
Kit
Cybertech Extraordinaire~

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:30 am    Post subject:

tygerwulf wrote:
This should read "Locksmith" wherever the word "Agent" is, since almost everyone pops their own boxes.

Techs and artisans are also really good at security, and it makes a lot of sense for techs to be since we repair stuff.. Techs would seem masters of MAKING traps, agents of disarming them. Making security systems would be amusing.

Anyway...mutation traps, radiation traps, static disruption traps (techs should get some really cool technological instruments to help them open traps and a disruption trap would fizzle any electronic gear -- including the cool tech opening gear and medic gear -- and make them break down), shrapnel traps....
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:06 am    Post subject:

mmmmm... shrapnel Cool

Grim

P.S. and sorry for the short pointless post, but I couldn't resist the calling
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Grimshade wrote:
P.S. and sorry for the short pointless post, but I couldn't resist the calling

Understandable. I'll agree with all the other ideas too.
 Back to top »
dragonseyes

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject:

How about Mimics? Final fantasy style. Harder then average beasties that MIGHT or might not drop something nice.
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:45 am    Post subject:

Ah, I'd forgotten about Mimics. Those things are always fun. The only problem is that some people have the SET setting.. set.. to automatically pick up the box of a slain creature. Though it would be funny to do battle with something in your hand, I would think something like a Mimic would need to be left to quests... or other situations where boxes might be sitting on the ground for no real reason.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:46 am    Post subject:

The box could always jiggle/spring from your hand and onto the ground.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject:

True. And with you saying that, it looks like Mimics are going to be a possibility. Woot.

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » Trap Ideas
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: