Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
comm monitoring
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » comm monitoring
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: comm monitoring

This is an Idea that came to me while reviewing the Five finger discounts and Agent network topics.

I think if would be a good idea to be able to hack into profession channels for short periods of time. Assuming that each profession has their own channels, which I think they do but I'm not sure... I haven't been around for very long and haven't been able to observe what goes on or get through all the forum topics yet. but here's a few ways I came up with that it could be implemented.

1. Assuming that a "black market" structure is put into place and actual troopers perform the raids, it would be a good way to monitor upcoming raids. This may seem like it gives too much of an upperhand but I think that certain measures could be taken to make it so it needed to be used in a more tactful manner...

(a) the comm channel would need to be hacked into, possibly implement
the hoped for hacking system into this feature. it would take a good
deal of skill in order to succesfully hack.

(b) maybe certain equipment should be used that can be aquired only by
Agents (and possibly troopers if you wanted to even the score) that
would burn out after a certain period of time(which would be decided
possibly by your electronics skill) and would require a certain number
of hours before it could be used again.

2. It could be used to monitor contracts who may have given you the slip
and are trying to keep off the main comm channels and get help from fellow class members or use the private channels to as a pipeline to get messages to friends via class members as to their whereabouts.

Just a couple ideas, I didn't really brainstorm that far into it, but feel free to give input
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Spying on other comm channels sounds cool, but noone really uses anything other than channel 0.

I do like the idea of monitoring police-type channels, though. That would be good if a crime system is put in.
Grim
Crazed Monkey

Post Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject:

yeah but I doubt that someone who knows that they are targeted for a hit is going to sit there and transmit their location over the main frequency and let everyone know... maybe even with enough skill you could hack into one persons private comm, it may seem like privacy invasion... but at the same time... agents are supposed to be the criminals if I'm not mistaken and I believe that blackmail would fall within the our range of criminal mischief. not to mention the fact that that would probably help to find victims on the run, but I think that this should have a very high skill and level requirement.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » comm monitoring
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: