FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Organizers...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Organizers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2002 4:56 pm    Post subject: Organizers...

Thought I would give a quick update on the court system and organizers.

Organizers are record keeping devices for the bureaucrat profession. They will range from a yellow legal pad and pencil, virtual reality headset, mini-computer and much more. Organizers will keep track of all the court battles you win or lose. The information will be broken down into NPC cases and PC cases. Other uses for organizers will be announced later.

You will be able to upload your information into the main law computers and be ranked against other bureaucrats from throughout Haelrahv.

You will be able to upload information from one organizer to another. This will allow you to upgrade from a pad and pencil to something a bit more high tech.

Organizers will allow a bureaucrat access to special areas and will play an important part in “quests” designed specifically for bureaucrats.

Any questions or ideas, please post ‘em.

Myst
 Back to top »
balihai

Post Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Can I just say....wow.
 Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2002 10:24 am    Post subject:

Sure. Go ahead. Say, "wow". I don't mind.

Myst
 Back to top »
balihai

Post Posted: Sun Oct 27, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Okay.....

WOW
 Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Organizers...

HR-Myst wrote:
Thought I would give a quick update on the court system and organizers.

Organizers are record keeping devices for the bureaucrat profession. They will range from a yellow legal pad and pencil, virtual reality headset, mini-computer and much more. Organizers will keep track of all the court battles you win or lose. The information will be broken down into NPC cases and PC cases. Other uses for organizers will be announced later.

You will be able to upload your information into the main law computers and be ranked against other bureaucrats from throughout Haelrahv.

You will be able to upload information from one organizer to another. This will allow you to upgrade from a pad and pencil to something a bit more high tech.

Organizers will allow a bureaucrat access to special areas and will play an important part in “quests” designed specifically for bureaucrats.

Any questions or ideas, please post ‘em.

Myst

Hmm, with the above in mind would a...... um........ wrongly accused person be able to refer to a list, in say the courtroom/s, to see which bureaucrat is of the highest ranking?

The reasoning behind this is if I were to be wrongly accused Wink of vaporising someone I do not want JoeSmoe, recently graduated Bureaucrat, to defend me. I'd rather spend the coin (?) to ensure I get the best defence I can afford.
 Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Not that you would ever commit such terrible crimes like that, but...yes...the bureaucrat rankings will be made public. At least that is my plan, I haven't discussed it fully with Trevor. You will be able to shop around.

Myst
 Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Hmmmm, betterer and betterer.

Note to self:->

:: Before....... um...... hunting, ensure bank account is topped up ::

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:31 pm    Post subject:

For the record, Trevor has no problem with such rankings. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
PepsiKing

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm back....your decision if that's good or not, but will Bureaucrats have the option to turn down people? As in the previous post with John Hancock whacking someone can a Bureaucrat look at that and say Oh he's guilty no way I can win that case, so i'll pass. Course a lot of people will snatch up the case to make a murderer go free.

PK
 Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Yes. The PC-based court case system will be a social system. A bureaucrat can turn someone down, yes. Basically, if a player wants to hire a bureau and the bureau accepts, they have to go to the court clerk and register the case. The bureau will then get a case file he/she has to research. Once the case is firmly locked in the bureau's mind, he/she and the accused will go before the arbitrator. Since the accused will have the option to plead guilty and pay the price, the system assumes he/she is pleading innocent.

Now...there are several verdicts that can come back depending on how well the bureau argues the case. The accused can be totally aquitted, the charges can be reduced a little or a lot, or the bureau can stink up the court and lose the case.

The only aspect I really haven't decided on yet is how the the monetary transaction should take place between the bureau and the accused. Should I leave that up to the players or should I put a system in place that ensures that the accused cannot screw over the bureau and vice versa.

Here's what I can do. When the bureau and the accused acquire the court case, the clerk can be the go-between and make them agree to a price. The clerk can then hold the money until the end of the trial. Depending on how good the bureau does, he/she will get all, some or none of the money with the balance going back to the accused. This way, the bureau can't just take the money and run, and the accused can't take advantage of the bureau's services and not pay at the end.

I'm open to any suggestions.

Myst
 Back to top »
senutyenool

Post Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, may I suggest that you leave it as an agreement between the bureaucrat and the wrongly accused.

This way if the accused where to get off their charge/s and skipped the planet without paying, what better opportunity than that for the bureaucrat to hire a Merc Bounty Hunter to collect his dues from the now innocent person? ( Told ya he wasn't guilty ::snickers:: )

Conversely, the bureaucrat may make it part of his character/role/contract that he will not take any case unless he is paid up front, win or lose the case, that we he/she gets paid regardless.

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 2:02 am    Post subject:

I'd like ta see ones own charisma play a factor here as well maybe. So ya don wanna take my case eh? *click* Twisted Evil
senutyenool

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:32 am    Post subject:

I could see that working with NPCs but if I were a BT and I didn't like the look of you I wouldn't take your case.

Oh yeah, and before you get any ideas, turn around. See the big guy with the fully charged Serilium Phaser pointing at your head? That's my life insurance. Twisted Evil

a.k.a Senutyenool
 Back to top »
HR-Myst

Post Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject:

You guys think a lot like I do. Anytime there is opportunity for role-play, I like to go with it. I'm all for leaving it as a business transaction between the bureau and accused. Makes more sense to me. Oh...yeah...<grins> and a LOT less code. If a bureau doesn't ask for a retainer, he's just stupid. I would. If anyone gets screwed, there will be plenty of ways to seek justice.

I'll take more input, if anyone has it Very Happy

Myst
 Back to top »
Sainji

Post Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject:

If a person is accused of a crime do they go to jail/incarceration? If so, perhaps you need a bail bond to get out/defend your case. That money can be used to hire the Bureaucrat. That way if the accused skips bail, the merc's get hired from the bail bonds people? Just trying to suggest an alternate source besides the above solution. RP is nice up to a point but when you get stiffed once the memory lasts a life time.

Regards,
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Bureaucrats » Organizers...
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: