FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
They came from... THE STARS!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » They came from... THE STARS!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: They came from... THE STARS!

So I roleplay the fact that Yaru's parents aren't around because they sent him to Llanfair because they wanted him to learn about the world and Belethe was her long-term babysitter on the trip.

Now, I have three questions.

1) The town is called Llanfair. The game is called Haelrahv. Is the planet called Haelrahv?
2) Is space exploration and transport normal in this setting? Because if it is, I'll say his parents sent him here with Belethe from another planet. Otherwise, I may have to make some other island name up.
3) How normal is it for all these races to be together? Like, if someone went to nearby planet X, would they still run into Alteri, Eolai, Humans, Jaddan, Djaru, etc?
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
1) The town is called Llanfair. The game is called Haelrahv. Is the planet called Haelrahv?

Yes, the planet is called Haelrahv.

Quote:
2) Is space exploration and transport normal in this setting? Because if it is, I'll say his parents sent him here with Belethe from another planet. Otherwise, I may have to make some other island name up.

Yes and no. Humans and Darju both crash landed on Haelrahv from outer space but at this point in the game there are no other worlds to transport to or explore. Haelrahvians are capable of exploring space with their current technology, but since this world is not fully explored and they are still developing culturally, they haven't yet.

Quote:
3) How normal is it for all these races to be together? Like, if someone went to nearby planet X, would they still run into Alteri, Eolai, Humans, Jaddan, Djaru, etc?

It wouldn't be likely at all that you find the same mix of people on a neighboring planet. As I said above, Humans and Darju are not native to Haelrahv. In addition, the native races were in a setting close to our renaissance when the others crashed, they were in no way near space travel yet.

Before you jump the gun and make up some place to be from, Llanfair is not the only city out there. There are plenty of other places in the world where your parents could call home. Check out the library on Chodaku, specifically "Basic Principles of Haelrahvian Government", which details the cities and "Chronology of Haelrahv, Age of Legends to the Present", which will give you some more background on the world.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject:

So Alteri, even though passing off the 'old school alien' look, don't have the technology to travel in space?
 Back to top »
senseandviolets

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 7:36 pm    Post subject:

That's just the way they look to humans, no super-probulating powers either, *snaps her fingers* Laughing
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject:

..as far as you know.. Cool
soundless
EIGHT YEARS OLD!!!

Post Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject:

HR-Solphan wrote:

They don't know about the arial asapi death cannon.
 Back to top »
HR-Faith
OCD Grammar Perfectionist

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject:

soundless wrote:
HR-Solphan wrote:

They don't know about the arial asapi death cannon.

You tap a tenebrous brobdingnagian cold fusion-powered Class IX asapi aerolauncher.

All hail the almighty ballistic asapi!

Actually, I'm having serious thoughts about contacting the distributors and requesting an upgrade...

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -- Bilbo Baggins --
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
SteveH999

Location: There is currently 1 player in the world of Haelrahv.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Nice launcher. But the Class VI was such a classic.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Role-playing & Socialization » They came from... THE STARS!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: