FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
*blink blink*
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » *blink blink*
View previous topic :: View next topic  
winddancer
Hah! In your dreams, bub!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: *blink blink*

Okay, this probably isn't ROFLMAO funny, but it's still amusing. I thought it was hilarious though.

Cast of characters:
You = Your attractive, young and perfect in every way Broker Belethe Del'Gennen.
Royal guard = Oppressive, cruel and vindictive Poo-heads!!

[Western Dirt Road, Crossroads]
Cobblestones pave the road here for a short distance as it splits into three trails. Two of the paths divert around a large body of water while the third road leads westwards in a straight line towards a city on a hill. Off to one side of the crossroads is a two story building with a number of windows in the face and a chimney at one end from which a pale streamer of smoke trails off into the sky. A wooden sign hangs above the door to the building, naming the place as well as giving directions.

You also see a wooden sign, a penguin box, a royal guard and a royal guard.
You notice exits leading northeast, southeast, and west.

You can't go that way. (Here's where our sweet little Belethe got lost, and stood in confusion for awhile because silly dummy forgot where the caves were for a moment)

A royal guard scans the area guardedly.

A royal guard scans the area guardedly.

A royal guard glances angrily at you... this looks like trouble.
Moving deliberately and carefully, a royal guard slashes a fine eilaro katana at you. He lands a fair hit to your left leg as you fail to dodge the attack.
Your world spins around you as you reel to the ground!
[You are poorly balanced, slightly injured, well rested, and prone.]

A royal guard says, "Fine day today."

*chuckles*

Belethe's player.
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject:

Seems like someone provoked it on you. I think that's kind of lame...shouldn't have creatures that level in an area where all sorts of newbies wander around be provokable...plus, a royal guard would have more discipline than that, right?
winddancer

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:31 am    Post subject:

Most likely. I don't know if it was deliberate or accidental given that I was the only one in the area and I didn't see anyone else there, but either way it didn't inconvenience me one iota. I found it personally amusing on a player level with the timing of what the guard said. Death means nothing to me as a player, but Bel, obviously, was miffed at the injustice!!!!

What it DID do was make me sniffle at how sweet and wonderful Bel's friends are when they came to rescue her. I was very touched. Embarassed

I had already gone to the imaging center and gaining exp isn't that big of a deal for me yet. Very Happy

If someone HAD been doing it deliberately for kicks to get young people killed... well... they obviously have size-ist issues to deal with. And rather than get angry, I'd feel sorry for 'em. Smile

Bel's player.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I had already gone to the imaging center and gaining exp isn't that big of a deal for me yet.

Death can really suck, or at least be inconvenient. Still, it's very refreshing to see someone take it in stride like this.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Yay! Go death!
winddancer

Post Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject:

HR-Trevor wrote:
Death can really suck, or at least be inconvenient. Still, it's very refreshing to see someone take it in stride like this.

Ohhh, I don't always take it in stride. After all, as you said death can suck and can be inconvenient.

But I died funny. So I was okay. Besides, I was just outside Llanfair and how could I possibly be upset when so many wonderful people came to rescue my precious Bel? *grin*

I get angry and still grumble about death every so often about being killed, if it's for a non-RP reason, or some flimsy excuse of RP which obviously wasn't the original intention.

I also kinda don't like being killed at all by other people. It makes me grumpy. If it's for an RP reason then I'd be okay with it after a day of insensible frothing. I get over it eventually, faster if my Bel gets vengeance in a cup.

But I'm usually insensitive to other people's grumbles about being killed, especially about invasions which I rarely get upset over because I don't see it as a personal attack. I'm very conscious about having to eat the medicine I dish out too. So when I get upset, a few of my IM friends and my poor bobble-head doll are forced to bear the brunt of my insensible rants and raves for a whole day.

Damn, this is getting off topic. Let me think. Um...a joke. OH YES! My favorite popsicle joke. I used to collect the sticks of the ice cream I get from my former-dorm cafeteria but this was the only joke out of 20 that I can remember after so long....

Q: What did the hamburger name his daughter?

A: Patty.

*badumdum* *lame grin*
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Just For A Laugh ... » *blink blink*
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: