Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
meditating
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » meditating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chevonne

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: meditating

I was reading some old Guardian posts and was reading about meditating and meditations.

I don't think I fully understand this system. Today was the first time I just used the meditate verb and sat down and left it to meditate. I didn't realize the longer you meditated the better it gets? I got different levels of messages as I continued to meditate. Does this actually help anything at this time? I love the messaging and the whole idea of meditating. I felt pretty guardianish as I meditated further. But, I was just wondering if just plain meditating helps anything right now.

Also, I have played with the Guardian meditations a little bit, but I haven't really used any of them alot. They take alot of focus for me, i'm sure I need more charisma. Would it help me if I sat and just plain meditated for a while before going into a combat area and then using meditate <name>? Would they last longer? Be more powerful?

I didn't realize that just plain meditate was different than meditate <name>. In fact, I couldn't understand why anyone would just plain meditate instead of meditate <name> because it makes you sit down, and the other doesn't. Unless you forgot what meditations you knew and wanted a list.

anyway, I hope those questions make sense.

-Chevonne
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I got different levels of messages as I continued to meditate. Does this actually help anything at this time?

Once you get the message showing how full your are on focus and essence, if you continue to meditate then your FP regeneration speeds up. If your FP is already full you get no benifit, but if you're down then you will regain faster then you otherwise would.

Quote:
They take alot of focus for me, i'm sure I need more charisma. Would it help me if I sat and just plain meditated for a while before going into a combat area and then using meditate <name>? Would they last longer? Be more powerful?

Yup, charisma would help, intellect and mentality also to a lesser degree. Meditating beforehand would only be helpful if you weren't full on focus.

Quote:
In fact, I couldn't understand why anyone would just plain meditate instead of meditate <name> because it makes you sit down, and the other doesn't.

Actually you only have to sit if you're lacking in something. It's possible to plain meditate without sitting.
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Guardians » meditating
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: