FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
My RP idea of the Agent.. (long post)
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » My RP idea of the Agent.. (long post)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Markaela

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: My RP idea of the Agent.. (long post)

Hello. First time posting here, in fact, I didnt register here until yesterday. I would like to see a law system inputed, which everyone else wants as well, I understand. Alot of people want to test out stealing and other such crimes.

I realize that the Agent here in Haelrahv is this land's idea of the Thief profession, but I RP differently. In my eyes, Agents are just that... Agents: FBI, CIA, ISA, KGB, IRS (Wait, that last one might be Bureacrats)
It would be nice to see Agents with the skills Law (Big one for me, at least), possibly Intimidation, Electronics to some degree, Tracking (would of course, be for hunting down criminals). I understand that some other professions fit the police type, but this is what I envision, when I think of an Agent.

I've bounced around online, and played a number of MUDs to see where I fit in, and what I liked. There is one called Wolfenburg. It's based off of the Warhammer Fantasy RPG. Not altogether a bad game, it's got a fairly nice setup, but what is making me mention it now, is that alot of what you do there are quests.. there are hundreds of NPCs to deal with, they all seem to want some item or another that can be found, bought, stolen, dug up, gotten from other NPCs, whatever... It's an idea. Of course, I stopped playing there cause it charged about $30/month after the free trial, and the experience you got for hunting was pathetic. You got good experience for quests, but nearly nothing for hunting itself. One other nice thing, was that you could advance in levels, but also guild levels and your guildleader(which was a player in game) could give out new titles as long as they served a good purpose, obviously an Agent wouldnt have a Doctor title.

I also play DragonRealms. I really wish they would take some ideas Trevor brought here, like the verb COMMANDs to list em all out. Would be so nice!!! I wouldnt mind paying a fee to play here, that's been mentioned before, after the game goes live. I enjoy my time here as well as in DR. Definately more GM interaction, but I remember when I started DR in beta, they talked with the players too, hung out, BS'd, I even got a GameHost to hunt with me a few years ago, was cool... but anyways, these are just some of my thoughts. It doesnt look like many people post in this folder lately. If I could program, I'd love to assist with some things here, I'm talking about what I think are easy things to put in, and its probably a few hundred hours or programming itself.

Things Agents could do: With a law system, make an ARREST verb if you have a pair of handcuffs... puts you and the person wanted by the law in roundtime, the person being arrested could RESIST ARREST, then it may depend on the players athletic skills vs each other to see if they evade(moving them into an adjacent room). They could hire a Bureacrat to defend them in court, if they do get caught... Electronics and Security go somewhat hand in hand, just depending on the usage. Intimidation is a RP factor, I'm sure it has other intended purposes, when GMs arent available to assist players behind the screen. Athletics and Acrobatics might assist a real agent in the field as one pursues a suspect. I dont know, these are just my crazy ideas... Solphan had a post from a while back, good while back, and told people to toss ideas of what they saw an Agent as, this is mine.

Most people want a thief/assassin character, that's fine, that is the majority decision I think. I'm still going to RP the former, I guess until I am told to stop, or a bunch of thief/assassins backstab me and leave me dead someplace. Maybe we could have a different guildleader depending on which route we take, criminal or law-server?

Also, long while back, maybe 4 months or so ago, Hyas told me about an electronic/security store that was planned to open in the Eolai sector, has that been dismissed? Just curious what's new for the agents in the next few months if anything. Thank you for your time and patience.

Sincerely,

Agent Samuel Patterson
(Special Agent Samuel Patterson, one day)
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Hey there. Glad to see you on the boards, a lot of good discussions take place on here.

The suggestions you made for Agents are good, but they blur into what we have in line for other professions. Both Mercenaries and Troopers will serve in a law enforcement sort of capacity in the future, and there's no plan to extend that to Agents as well.

You mentioned quests and that's something I definitely want to have more of. It's something I've enjoyed in many games as well, and it's a fun thing for those who wish to do them. My love of quests drove me to do the 20th level quest, which is only a tidbit of what I'd actually like to do.

Agents in particular have a lot of things they can do in a quest format such as kidnapping, assassination, sabotage, infiltration/espionage, and so on. The "agent" aspect of being an agent would really be more akin to being a "secret agent" than a "FBI agent".

Of course you could always have another character who is a Trooper or Merc when you're itching to fill law enforcement shoes. Wink

As for this store Hyas mentioned, I don't know enough to comment. That would be Solphan's doing and he's been a very busy Alteri lately.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject:

Back on the boards for a while, I haven't been able to play much with tryin to keep my grades up, but anyway...

I really do think we need to try out some kind of law system, even if it's only for a little while. I don't think that we should go into the "live" phase without one of the major systems of the game being tested, or at least I see it as a major system, seeing that it directly affects me.

As far as quests go, I know you have plans for those, so I won't bug about them, though I think we should have profession quests.

That's really all I have to say for now.

Footnote

[Sing] Secret, Agent man [/Sing]
Kitae

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject:

[color=blue]I'm an agent and I don't get to utilize my stealth skills or my streetwise skills. Stealing is not paramount but lifting an object for evidence that might prove to be useful in capturing a known criminal would be great. I think if we had more quests that UTILIZED our skills in each profession then all this boredom I keep hearing about would cease to exist, at least temporarily. Making a list of all the skills and and then effectively writing a skit/quest to coincide with it would not only make it challenging, but it would enhance the lands of HV.

My random thought for the day....

Love to all of you,
Kitae~
[/color]
 Back to top »
HR-Morrigan

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Stealing is not paramount but lifting an object for evidence that might prove to be useful in capturing a known criminal would be great.

As mentioned before in this thread, Agents will not be involved in law enforcement, that's going to be handled by the Mercs and Troopers for the most part. Most likely the Agent will be the criminal :cackle:

Quote:
I think if we had more quests that UTILIZED our skills in each profession then all this boredom I keep hearing about would cease to exist, at least temporarily.

I can't speak for the other profession guru's, but I have missions and quests planned for Troopers. I can see other professions getting quests as well, tho sorry to say they most likely won't be until live.

Morrigan Blackfury
 Back to top »
HR-Solphan
Lord of All That Is Agenty

Post Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Morrigan's right on both counts. Agents are more likely to be criminals than to catch them.. And while there are several quests that I want to do, they're also waiting for live.
tygerwulf
Teh Pink Assassin.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Solphan, it's good to see....hear....read? you again. As odd as reading you seems. I also see agents as the people being 'caught' by the law enforcement, if they can. *Is reminded of a certain man made of cookie material*

Ow! My leg! You ate my leg!
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Agents » My RP idea of the Agent.. (long post)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: