Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Housing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Housing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Durinthal
Arr!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Maybe if there was a performer sitting outside playing an instrument..

(walking by)
You hear music drifting over from a well-trimmed yard.

Or maybe even for laboratories..

You see a bright light flash in the windows of a small house, accompanied by a low rumble.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Might also be possible.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm picturing a 6-7 figure upkeep cost on all that, Dragoon. Okay...I was a little off...maybe on about HALF of that. Wink
Razardica

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: :D

How beta 6 of you..where's all the Elites?
 Back to top »
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 6:03 am    Post subject:

So many great ideas!

I'd like to see medics able to have practices from home, kinda like an extension... out in the sticks near where I live RL there are some amazing places. One is a post office with the population being around 8-10 funnily, and its just a room in the house, a safe and a table. The post master <g> has the side door with a red sign above it saying "Post Office" and you just walk into his home - its a really weird but crazy feeling.

I've never wiped me feet before entering a shop/official building before, kinda like entering Gap and saying, "I got mud on my boots, its it ok to enter?"

Ok, anyway.. umm.. its good to share!

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Hey Dragoon, can we be neighbors? I want somethin just like that too.
Quote:
My dream house:

I think we should be able to do things like, repair our weapons, have small armories, and I know you have to purchase ammo at this time but, hopefully in the future we will be able to make ammo (bullets, arows) and do so from our homes. Making ammo, good way for that retired Merc to earn some coin.
If we are able to have something specific to our profession in our homes (i.e. small armory, labs, workshop, clinic) with multi rooms, very generous storage, and be able to do something that allows us to gain experience in our home I know I would want a house. I would use it very frequently for various reasons.
Homes could be used in lew of vaults. Vaults for those without homes and no vaults for those with homes. Naturally homes would cost more as they would have more funtionality but vaults would offer storage for those that just don't want a home or can't afford it. I think storage capacity should be in relation to cost. Maybe set it up to count items stored and charge accordingly. Or more realistically, sell capacity chunks, 50 item capacity chunks costing $10 per month each (something like that). The charge for storage capacity of vaults and homes would be the same but homes themselves would have a cost and storage capacity added to that cost. This would eliminate the need to determine amount of storage available to be coded but, you could set limits as well such as 4-6 capacity blocks per room per home.
Another idea too, instead of folks working from their homes, I'd like to see folks be able to lease office space. Still give the option of working from your home but, I think having a gun shop in downtown Titan City in the merchant district would be pretty cool. And you could again set it up to run yourself or hire NPC's or other PC's to run it for you.
I'm also curious about home guest and granted access. In DR (blah, another comparison) you can assign one guest who can enter your home but can't pick up anything or put anything on the various items. I think we should be able to assign up to 4 or 5 guests (for those that want to RP familes) and they should have just as many rights as you do with one exception, home owners are the only ones that can purchase capacity blocks. Might step the RP up a good bit.

Nojym
 Back to top »
Nojym

Location: Feel me breathin on your neck, then don't worry bout it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:50 am    Post subject:

Interesting idea indeed Phoenix. Something to definently think about.
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject:

I think a flying house would rock. I'm not quite sure how one would afford such a thing though.

Oh yeah...I changed my name to what my character will likely be named. Heh!
HR-Phoenix

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject:

Totally off topic but how cool is it to be able to say "I live in spring field"?

Doh!

~Phoenix~
 Back to top »
Dante
Boi Toi

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Considering the one I live in is actually the the Springfield Matt Greoning borrowed for The Simpson's (the name at least)...well...it doesn't change much. Wink

My Springfield is to Eugene as Shelbyville is to the Simpson's Springfield. Hee hee. It also isn't an hour from everywhere.
Sainji

Post Posted: Sun Jan 05, 2003 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Well, if your going to have labs in your homes, you might want to consider the possibility any explosions might cause? Twisted Evil

Regards,
desiree

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:42 pm    Post subject: houses are for parties

If I had a house, I would use it for quiet time.
For switching items between characters.
Throwing some fun and wild parties for friends (which I do in DR and have a blast)
I enjoy decorating my home as well
 Back to top »
Kallai

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject:

Oh...and in the simu games as well as that other one...eaxia I think it is....well in eaxia, it says, also here, <person's> home and in simu games it's says the person's name when you look at it, also inside the home, the title desc was <person's> home...could that be avoided?

Instead have an option of doing the sign thing. Have a shop, where you can have a sign made to put on your home with maybe your last name...like johnson residence(sp?) or something of that sort. Have the option of putting your name on your home instead of automatically. Always bugged me, not sure about anyone else, that someone could walk up to my home and automatically know it was where I (my character) lived and use that knowledge ICly even if my character never told them (or knew them for that matter). Just a thought.

Kallai
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject:

I can't speak for Eaxia's reasoning, I'm unsure... but for Simutronics, it is a convenience factor because you may have several identical homes in the room, such as a small hut, a small hut, a small hut, and a small hut.

This causes confusion in that you have to use like SECOND or OTHER or whatever to identify the proper hut. If we force homes to have different adjectives in a room, that would help, such as a small hut, a thatched-roof hut, a straw hut, and a shabby hut. i.e., not possible to have two of the same general type of home in the same room.

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Mischeif

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject:

they told me the reason for putting names on the houses was so you could go up and say "go my hut" and you didnt have to worry about numerical order.

homes,,,heck ya. use em atleast once a day. safe and secure spot to drain your mind, can actualy get away from people without them stalking you, etc. the privacy factor is a huge asset here.

the secret door idea, i say rocks. put ma arsenal in there, and a desk for.....signing papers yea.

anyway, glad to see its come up. actualy been wondering if they will. how about price layouts,,,estimated of course. to give us an idea on how full to stuff our acct. say a 3 bdr, 2 bath, front and back yards fenced, secret room, living, den *fireplace*, kitchen, dining. then a store to get accessories like jacuzzi, furniture, custom floors/doors/walls. and maybe a mailrunner to take it to the house. have ya neighbor check it when ya gone,,,ok enough, sorry.

anyways, games going in good directions, good work guys
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Player Homes » Housing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: