FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
wonderful toys they call weapons
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » wonderful toys they call weapons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mischeif

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:48 am    Post subject: wonderful toys they call weapons

i know i posted this in general discussions, but then i got to thinking about developing the idea,,,here is the original post

ok i already know i will be "shot" *get the pun?* down if i ask for full on a selector switch,,,but how about burst? burst is a run of three rounds down the barrel. and for those who use bullets, how about a semi-auto weapon that does the same. the gridgun seems more like a shotgun, which is fine for under 50 feet. how about we model a bulleted weapon and a pulse weapon after the m-4, youll probably go for the m-4a since it doesnt have the full auto option.

now for mercs and troopers alike, there are tactical options to the m-4,,heck dang near any longgun. only drawback is a longgun requires both hands if youre gonna hit anything and not pull the wasted "spray and pray" how bad does this sound?

"you sling an m-4a over your shoulder"
look rif
"you see an m-4a. the piccidily railing system is complete with a double triggered hand guard. you notice one trigger operates the attached light and the second trigger operates the laser sight. "

asking to much again?
 Back to top »
HR-Hunter

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject:

We might have burst, and maybe even full auto in live, the question is if we can make them balanced. If they're "too good" compared to everything else then all the other weapons will be worthless and everyone will use marksmanship, which is not what we're really going for.
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
We might have burst, and maybe even full auto in live, the question is if we can make them balanced. If they're "too good" compared to everything else then all the other weapons will be worthless and everyone will use marksmanship, which is not what we're really going for.

Make full-auto 'kick', i.e. each consecutive shot is less accurate than the last.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
HR-Beau
The Good Fairy

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject:

And base the amount of the kick on the player's weight. The more weight, the less it moves them and ruins the shot. This way everyone will roll up their character as overweight. And have merchants add fat rolls. And stuff. Yay.
If there is one thing in the world that I know, love conquers all, it trancends time and space, defies all odds, and can bring you back from the darkness, it is the guiding light that helps bring you in from the rough stormy seas of life, and it remains even after you have gone.
~ Adam ~

www.angeluserratus.net
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Downtweak

Post Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject:

HR-Beau wrote:
And base the amount of the kick on the player's weight. The more weight, the less it moves them and ruins the shot. This way everyone will roll up their character as overweight. And have merchants add fat rolls. And stuff. Yay.

Anyone want to buy an OLD jelly donut? It makes you TWENTY TIMES fatter than the new ones.

Code:
They hate me because I am the accumulation of the knowledge of Death.  That knowledge is a curse to them instead of a useful burden.

-Nef; From the Dust Returned
 Back to top »
Tao

Post Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 5:38 am    Post subject:

Quote:
If they're "too good" compared to everything else then all the other weapons will be worthless and everyone will use marksmanship, which is not what we're really going for.

Seems to me that pulse is the favorite and will always be the favorite. So I dont think that everyone will be tossing their gridguns or heavy pusle guns away for an automatic marks weapon. That's like giving up your portable MP3 player for a cassette tape walkman or 8 track player. I think the burst idea is a good one and would love to see it in the test phase.

Tao
Mischeif

Post Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:43 pm    Post subject:

so bulleted weapons are the only ones that can go full auto or burst? id say no. and basing the kick on the ammount of weight doesnt work either. maintaining your target on full auto has very little to do with your weight, i will use the ever so common 5.56 mm *m16/ar15/m4* for example. this weapon doesnt kick much on single shot, or burst for that matter. the m16a1 had a full auto selection. full auto isnt for accuracy, its for putting as many rounds down range as possible. its more of pray and spray. you use a sweeping technique. where you know there is one target, but unsure of others, and you start to the left of the known and depress the trigger sweeping right. this usually results in a waste of ammo. hitting the known about 4 times, and sending the other 26 rounds on a "hope i hit something" mission. control of the barrel comes from training with the weapon. i cant take a booter and give him a full auto and expect marksman quality firing. but in time, i can show him how to cut his targets in half with muzzle discipline.

one thing that isnt mentioned is barrel heat. every round that goes through, heats the barrel more. thats why there are two kind of groupings on a target, cold and hot. when your barrel gets hot it expands making the rifling "sloppy" and the weapon less accurate. sorry rambo fans, but its impossible to fire the m60 a million times and hit your target with anything but luck. this will create down times for your barrel to cool.

just a few notes on full auto capabilities.

(quotable quote, "close quaters battle is all about inches and angles, ,just like sex" Chuck Habermehl, instructor/owner CQB Inc)
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Mercenaries » wonderful toys they call weapons
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: