FAQ Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
Jump To: Haelrahv Main Site | My Haelrahv Account | Haelrahv Play Page
Advanced Massage Therapy
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Advanced Massage Therapy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelasa

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Advanced Massage Therapy

Okay another idea I have had today, (eek two in one day I'm surprised they don't smell the smoke from across the country) and I'm wondering who turned the brainstorm switch on today.

Advanced massage therapy.

Currently medics get the ability to massage someone for increased stamina gain at third level. I thought of a few advanced techniques, based off medicine skill for medics to learn. Learning the techniques would require a base medicine skill, whereas the effects would include bonuses.

30 skill- The ability to massage a patient to increase the blood flow. (increased hp recovery)
60 skill- The ability to massage a patient into a more focused self. (increased focus/mana recovery)
90 skill- The ability to combine the effects of two of the previous massages.
120 skill Medicine and research- the possibility of writing tomes about how to do the massages for others skilled in medicine.
150 skill- The ability to combine the effects of all three massages.

Only a medic would gain the abilities to combine massages for enhanced effects. Until a medic reaches the point of learning the techniques of combining a massage then a patient could only be under the effect of a single massage no matter if it was another medic who performed it.
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject:

The tome thing is unlikely, but these are overall good ideas. Thanks. Smile

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Brenton
/fidget

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject:

Good...thats the only one I didn't like either really, I don't even like the fact poisons can be scribed....but meh. I like the other ones nicely though.

Well, the hp recovery actually...are we going to be getting IV bags? If so obviously it'd have to be a lower rate than those...but if not.../shrug.
 Back to top »
HR-Trevor
Boss Type Guy

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject:

"Maybe". <grin>

-- Trevor Rage / Rich Mondy
 Back to top »
Kelasa

Post Posted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I had put the scribing as something that would benefit any other class that had medicine as a core/professional skill. But after looking back I didn't see any other professions that do. But if someone does train medicine up to 120 not being proffessional based it wouldn't be until level 60 that they would be able to effectively learn them. But that was just something I put to fill a gap cause I thought that there should be a bit of a space between learning to combine two effects and learning to combine three effects.

Some other possibilities for older medics would be, Increase the rate at which the body handles poisons (so they don't have to carry around a heavy injector all the time), Increase the rate at which wounds heal (similiar but stackable with Tincture of Life)... If anyone else has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Course could always make two commands for those who like to stick people with needles and have acupuncture (but they would have the same effects as massages and not be combinable unless you have the skill to combine massages)
Brokyn
LLAMA SECHS

Post Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject:

I had talked with Jocelyn, when she was at her Guru-ing prime, and she said she was all for acupuncture as an alternative to massage (RP r teh winz).

--William

Haelrahv Wiki!
++Brown Nosing Points
 Back to top »
The Official Haelrahv Message Forum Forum Index » Medics » Advanced Massage Therapy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: